Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
#26 Old 19th Jan 2017 at 1:55 AM
I have an issue now, hopefully much easier to solve than yours. Everything I whitelisted isn't showing up while everything I didn't want is showing up, and I'm certain I've downloaded the Valid tuning file rather than the Invalid. How do I solve this, does anyone have any idea?
Advertisement
Instructor
#27 Old 19th Jan 2017 at 1:59 AM
Yet everything I whitelisted seems to be appearing as clothing on townies. So it just enables the clothes for townies if you whitelist them but you can't select them for yourself since they're technically blacklisted. Okay. Time to delete this.
Mad Poster
#28 Old 19th Jan 2017 at 2:05 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Emmett Brown
Okay, now I'm on the Dresser faq page,
I don't think I'm being difficult when I say this documentation could be made more user friendly.

You stopped short in quoting the Dresser FAQ page just before the next sentence, which contains a link leading to a step by step illustrated guide to Blacklisting. You can get there from the MC link too eventually, but that's the hard way. You are doing this on purpose, right?

My apologies to the OP since this got away from the original questions and to the moderators here, I'll stop now. But if anyone would like to help us make our documentation more user friendly, they are more than welcome to stop by and join us in the effort. Again, this isn't the right place for this conversation.

Quote: Originally posted by southparkrocks
Yet everything I whitelisted seems to be appearing as clothing on townies. So it just enables the clothes for townies if you whitelist them but you can't select them for yourself since they're technically blacklisted. Okay. Time to delete this.

My colleagues would be better suited to explain why that happens but yes, it does sound like your intended whitelist is being treated like a blacklist for CAS purposes.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#29 Old 19th Jan 2017 at 11:47 AM
I have an issue now, hopefully much easier to solve than yours. Everything I whitelisted isn't showing up while everything I didn't want is showing up, and I'm certain I've downloaded the Valid tuning file rather than the Invalid. How do I solve this, does anyone have any idea?

Alright, so it seems like we have the same problem, just rerolled outfits multiple times, and none of them are what i selected. Clearly whitelisting works exactly like blacklisting, but maybe there is a way to swap over the outfits, it's just that i don't know how. I'll try to open the files and see if i can make something happen.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#30 Old 19th Jan 2017 at 11:53 AM
Quote: Originally posted by igazor
I think part of the confusion here might be that you cannot use a White List (ValidParts tuning) and a Black List (InvalidParts tuning) at the same time or very unexpected things are going to happen. This isn't my area of expertise at all, to be honest the Dresser mod is the only one in our collection that actually scares me. But we have other advanced mod users at NRaas who can help unscramble that.

StoryProgression appearing to not honor disabled careers suggests that possibly a different caste with conflicting settings and a higher priority is in place. But a better way would be to assign all females the custom Unemployed non-career placeholder from the Careers mod and set the SP caste, with sufficiently high priority, to disallow Find New Job.

I really do not understand this reluctance to come to us at NRaas for assistance. It's what we are there for. And there is no need to "hunt" out which message board to use, the general use board is Chatterbox. The mod specific sub-boards are for conversations with our developer, we don't really want general questions on those because fewer of our members will see them there.

As for the continued complaint from one member here in particular about how our hundreds of pages of online documentation are not sufficient and how we are not approachable, I've answered that one it feels like dozens of times directly now as has my colleague @brappl. Sorry, but given all of the work we have put into the NRaas wiki in the past few years, that one is just not funny anymore.

I don't have both InvalidParts and ValidParts, the instructions clearly said they cannot be there at the same time, and i do read them.

I could turn off all the careers for females, but there's some careers i want women to be able to join, for example criminal and medical. I also want them not to be able to advance above like 5th level, and it's no problem for me to do that, the problem is whether it'll work or not.

The reason i've not asked this on NRaas's site, is because there's multiple discussions about this, but either nobody knows the solution or nobody has answered, so i assume nobody knows why ValidParts isn't working, i doubt even Twallan himself knows the answer.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#31 Old 19th Jan 2017 at 12:16 PM
IT WORKS!! I opened ValidParts package, edited it, and saw that every outfit that i selected were marked as InvalidParts, so i just changed every "InvalidPart" to "ValidPart" and now my townies are FINALLY in medieval outfits!! Though the Dresser still doesn't work, can't select the same hair for every outfit, but the hell do i care anymore, the townies are just for the show, i can edit my own sims myself
Instructor
#32 Old 19th Jan 2017 at 12:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Samppuli
IT WORKS!! I opened ValidParts package, edited it, and saw that every outfit that i selected were marked as InvalidParts, so i just changed every "InvalidPart" to "ValidPart" and now my townies are FINALLY in medieval outfits!! Though the Dresser still doesn't work, can't select the same hair for every outfit, but the hell do i care anymore, the townies are just for the show, i can edit my own sims myself

I'll have to try this once I get everything set back up and make another whitelist since I deleted everything out of frustration. I actually just found outfits I'd like my sims to wear I don't have on TheSimsResource though, so I'll probably download those first.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#33 Old 19th Jan 2017 at 12:50 PM
I'll have to try this once I get everything set back up and make another whitelist since I deleted everything out of frustration. I actually just found outfits I'd like my sims to wear I don't have on TheSimsResource though, so I'll probably download those first.

Alright, i noticed that my whitelisted clothes won't show up in CAS, so there we have another problem...
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#34 Old 19th Jan 2017 at 12:55 PM
Alright, i noticed that my whitelisted clothes won't show up in CAS, so there we have another problem...

Nevermind, they won't show up in Master Controller's CAS, but they will show up in cheats CAS, so yall can just turn on the cheats and shift-click your sim and your blacklisted clothing will still be there. :D
Instructor
#35 Old 19th Jan 2017 at 1:03 PM
Nevermind, they won't show up in Master Controller's CAS, but they will show up in cheats CAS, so yall can just turn on the cheats and shift-click your sim and your blacklisted clothing will still be there. :D

Do they show up in Stylist?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#36 Old 19th Jan 2017 at 1:28 PM
Do they show up in Stylist?

No, as far as NRaas mods are concerned, the whitelisted items are out of the game. I don't mind that, as long as they are actually somewhere to be found.
Instructor
#37 Old 19th Jan 2017 at 1:36 PM
Considering I have a lot of clothing I want to use compared to clothing I don't want to use and I don't really care about hairstyles to be honest and they take longer to blacklist, maybe it's best I make a blacklist of stuff I don't want to use, only clothing.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#38 Old 19th Jan 2017 at 1:41 PM
Considering I have a lot of clothing I want to use compared to clothing I don't want to use and I don't really care about hairstyles to be honest and they take longer to blacklist, maybe it's best I make a blacklist of stuff I don't want to use, only clothing.

Damn right, whitelisting most of the hairs was so frustrating, but it's worth it, and you definitely should make a blacklist instead, as it works correctly and you'll see only the clothes you want in stylist. It's still gonna be a lot of work though :P
Instructor
#39 Old 19th Jan 2017 at 1:47 PM
Damn right, whitelisting most of the hairs was so frustrating, but it's worth it, and you definitely should make a blacklist instead, as it works correctly and you'll see only the clothes you want in stylist. It's still gonna be a lot of work though :P

It's worth it to get townies in the clothes I want though. I just downloaded 4 new dresses for YA females from TheSimsResource and I'd like to see sims wearing them.
Instructor
#40 Old 19th Jan 2017 at 3:40 PM
Currently working on my blacklist. It's not too hard or time consuming since I really just don't want them to wear most of the base game clothes and some from expansions and a few oddball custom ones I just don't like here and there. Very helpful too now that I've set it so custom clothes are at the top.
Top Secret Researcher
#41 Old 19th Jan 2017 at 5:22 PM
Currently working on my blacklist. It's not too hard or time consuming since I really just don't want them to wear most of the base game clothes and some from expansions and a few oddball custom ones I just don't like here and there. Very helpful too now that I've set it so custom clothes are at the top.

Not sure which blacklisting method you are using but if it's just blacklisting you want Kuree's EasyCASP Editor is an awesome tool.
There is more detail on using Kuree's editor over at NRaas under Guides at the bottom of This Page. (The NRaas Wiki is currently down due to a hardware failure but should be back up shortly).
Lab Assistant
#42 Old 19th Jan 2017 at 6:19 PM
Wow, I had no idea you could set up something to control the clothing that townies choose to put on/not put on. I'm mostly making this comment so that I can find this conversation later on if I'm feeling a bit adventurous and feel like trying it out. I'm pretty sure, none of the townies in my game use any of the mod hairstyles or expansion hairstyles, so maybe I can tweak things so they're more willing to randomly select them. (Or turn off some of those random World Adventures costumes they seem to always pick..)

Check out my Legacy Challenge:
Chapter 41: Do Babies Eat Sand?
Instructor
#43 Old 19th Jan 2017 at 7:51 PM
My blacklist is successful. I've only blacklisted YA female everyday full outfits, tops, bottoms, shoes, and accessories so far, but it's a start. Glad it worked out.
Top Secret Researcher
#44 Old 19th Jan 2017 at 8:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mister_wolfe
Wow, I had no idea you could set up something to control the clothing that townies choose to put on/not put on. I'm mostly making this comment so that I can find this conversation later on if I'm feeling a bit adventurous and feel like trying it out. I'm pretty sure, none of the townies in my game use any of the mod hairstyles or expansion hairstyles, so maybe I can tweak things so they're more willing to randomly select them. (Or turn off some of those random World Adventures costumes they seem to always pick..)

Hi mister_wolfe - It took me a couple of days but I used that application to go through every EP I have and hid the CAS items I did not want to see as well as unticking the "random" option so the game won't assign them. You can also use MC to completely hide an entire EP/SP. I've done that with a couple of EP's. For what few items I liked in the EP it was well worth loosing them and not having to scroll through all the crap..much of it duplicates I did not want. Saves on loading in CAS too.

If you do decide to check out EasyCASP check out the NRaas document I linked to for some additional tips. We are still down over at NRaas though

BTW - If you want to save a thread and not have to post just click on the Subscribe button at the top of the page. The thread will be saved and you can access it by clicking on User Tools at the top right of the page>Subscribed Threads
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#45 Old 20th Jan 2017 at 3:24 AM
My blacklist is successful. I've only blacklisted YA female everyday full outfits, tops, bottoms, shoes, and accessories so far, but it's a start. Glad it worked out.

Yep, now you just have to blacklist everything else from every life stage and gender So much work, that's why i made a whitelist and didn't even touch the accessories, it's not like i'm gonna zoom in on every townie to check what kind of necklace they have :D
Instructor
#46 Old 20th Jan 2017 at 12:59 PM Last edited by Butterbot : 20th Jan 2017 at 1:22 PM. Reason: Added question.
@barbarat

Is MC's EP/SP hiding on-the-fly or only applied on game/CAS restart? Once in a while, some weird outfit that's normally best hidden does come in handy, and it would be convenient to be able to unhide that pack (ITF, for instance...) just to select that item, then hide the pack again without exiting CAS or the game.

Also, can hiding by pack be done separately for each CAS part type (makeup, accessory, shoes, etc)?

Finally, are the hidden packs usable by NPCs if the parts themselves have not been blacklisted individually?

Thanks for patiently explaining all this stuff.

Own Grandma's Canning Station? Check out the Canning Station Overhaul.
Like doing laundry? Check out the Infinite Laundry Buffs Fix.
Top Secret Researcher
#47 Old 20th Jan 2017 at 7:26 PM Last edited by barbarat : 20th Jan 2017 at 7:57 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Butterbot
@barbarat
Is MC's EP/SP hiding on-the-fly or only applied on game/CAS restart? Once in a while, some weird outfit that's normally best hidden does come in handy, and it would be convenient to be able to unhide that pack (ITF, for instance...) just to select that item, then hide the pack again without exiting CAS or the game.
Also, can hiding by pack be done separately for each CAS part type (makeup, accessory, shoes, etc)?
Finally, are the hidden packs usable by NPCs if the parts themselves have not been blacklisted individually?
Thanks for patiently explaining all this stuff.

Hi Butterbot -
To hide entire EPs/SPs you need to: From City Hall or a computer>NRaas>Master Controller>Settings>CAS>Hide by Pack
Your asking about hiding on-the-fly: I'm not 100% sure but if I am remembering correctly Packs can be hidden or restored while in CAS. I think you just need to change categories and then go back. Worse case scenario there is you might need a reload. I'll give it a try when I go in game.

"Also, can hiding by pack be done separately for each CAS part type (makeup, accessory, shoes, etc)?"
No. But there are options in the CAS settings to show in compact form along with some other options you might want to take a look at. The best way to hide makeup, accessories, hair, etc. is to blacklist using Kuree's EasyCASP Editor. In addition to hiding items you can also de-select random use by the game and you won't see folks in town wearing those.

I haven't seen NPCs running around in outfits from packs that were completely hidden but that's not to say something has not slipped by me either. I have 3 EPs hidden but also have used EasyCASP to hide and deny random in game use.

EDIT: It can be done on-the-fly - I took a Sim into CAS right clicked on the three little dots ... and it brings up the CAS options. I was able to unhide and hide in session.

Forgot to Mention - MC Integration module is needed. There is more detail On the Interactions Page . Scroll down to CAS.
Instructor
#48 Old 20th Jan 2017 at 10:17 PM
@barbarat

Many thanks for the detailed explanation and for making the extra effort to confirm that hiding can be done on-the-fly. Finding out this small bit of good news has brightened up an otherwise gloomy day.

Own Grandma's Canning Station? Check out the Canning Station Overhaul.
Like doing laundry? Check out the Infinite Laundry Buffs Fix.
Top Secret Researcher
#49 Old 21st Jan 2017 at 12:05 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Butterbot
@barbarat

Many thanks for the detailed explanation and for making the extra effort to confirm that hiding can be done on-the-fly. Finding out this small bit of good news has brightened up an otherwise gloomy day.

@Butterbot .. You are very welcome
Field Researcher
#50 Old 21st Jan 2017 at 1:28 AM

If you used Master Controller to create your whitelist file, then those outfits are blacklisted from the mod. To resolve this, you need to use the Clear Blacklist option. You can find it in MC> Settings> CAS> Clear Blacklist.

Vivi e lascia vivere.
My blog Simplex Sims for more elder and teen CC.
Page 2 of 3