Latest Site News

Sneak Preview of Project CRUMB - posted on 21st May 2017 at 7:32 PM
Replies: 8 (Who?), Viewed: 2551 times.
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Feb 2017 at 4:47 AM
Default Tywin Lannister... Help?
Hi all, how are you?

I've been working on sims from the TV Show "Game of Thrones" lately, I already made two, why not a third, so I am gonna try to make Tywin Lannister, the heartless old man. I am at the first version of the sim, so I won't be surprised if you tell me that I still got a lot of work to do to truly make him look-alike.

I would appreciate some feedback to clarify what's right and what needs work, and how. Thanks in advance!

Screenshots

I know I can't do it, but I'm still going to do it. - M. C. Escher
Advertisement
Alchemist
#2 Old 18th Feb 2017 at 5:55 PM
Couple suggestions:

The eyes in the RL photo slant inwards towards the nose more than your Sim's currently do.
The RL nose is much more hooked and beak-like than your Sim's.
The RL face has far more stubble, verging on a full-blown beard.

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Scholar
Original Poster
#3 Old 18th Feb 2017 at 7:10 PM
Thank you,
I have my kid with me for the weekend, but I will rework him along what you're saying and come up with a new version soon. I'll also add more RL pics.

Field Researcher
#4 Old 18th Feb 2017 at 10:51 PM
It's a great work. I just think that the corner of the lips are a litle highter in the photograph... What a pity that Maxis doesn't have the exac same hair and beard, it would be perfect !

I believe in the "Thanks" button and its amazing powers !!!
Mad Poster
#5 Old 1st Mar 2017 at 11:19 PM
Great start! I think the face has to be a little rounder? The Sim's face seems a little bit on the long side. (And I agree with Zarathustra).

Windows 10 and the Ultimate Collection
http://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=568275
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 13th Mar 2017 at 2:48 PM
Your sims always look so amazing - can't wait to see how he comes out!

If I were going to play around with him I'd try bringing the eyebrows down a little and raising the jaw to showten his face.
Also I think there's not quite as much distance between eye and brow on Charles Dance, and while his brows are prominent and kinda overhang his eyes, his eyes themselves are still kinda pronounced as well, round and a little more forward.
In making the overall face a little shorter you may wind up with cheekbones being a little higher, which I think would suit.

Ooh, and freckles! ^_^
Scholar
Original Poster
#7 Old 20th Mar 2017 at 9:04 PM
Thanks for all the suggestions. On Facebook I am part of a group of Game of Thrones fans and they gave suggestions as well. I'll be back as soon as I find the freetime to work on this.

Scholar
Original Poster
#8 Old 20th Mar 2017 at 9:15 PM
Here is a list of the suggestions given by GoT fans on a facebook group I am following -

Forehead too big, nose too long
Face and nose too long, ears to small
Fluffier face, denser hair on top
Eyes too wide open
Widen his cheeks and jaw
hair whiter
Looks like Jorah (another GoT character)
more wrinkles
greyer hair
hair shorter
eyes smaller
nose tilted down
blonde but thicker eyebrows
wider cheeks
more beard
less forehead
more beard
looks too thin
imposing figure
he looks like Jorah
his hair should be dark blond
his nose should be slightly hooked

That was a lot of help, and the people speaking on this thread (here) all help as well. Thanks a lot.

As soon as I find the time, I'll make a new version that reunites everything that was said (which doesn't contradict, lol). Anyone agrees/disagrees with what was said?

Scholar
Original Poster
#9 Old 20th Mar 2017 at 9:19 PM
I don't know if I will be able to make him. It won't be him without those eyelids.