Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Feb 2017 at 11:21 PM Last edited by rielynn71 : 18th Feb 2017 at 1:02 AM. Reason: correction
List of jobs without uniforms
One of the things that always bugged me about playing apartments was how the neighbors would go off to their job and then stay in their uniform after - pretty much contantly IIRC. Then they'd show up on comm lots like that as well.

So I compliled this list of jobs that don't have a uniform. Then once I see who my apartment neighbors are I put them into one of those jobs. This way they can still afford their rent without being walking fry heads all the time. Problem solved! :D

I thought there might be others interested in my list, so I'm sharing it here. Also, please let me know if I'm missing anything. I did remember that level 2 of education does not have a uniform even though level 1 does, but there might be other oddities or even obvious things I overlooked. Thanks and hope this is useful to some!

Jobs Without Uniforms List

Level 1 of:
Business
Culinary
Science

Levels 1 and 2 of:
Criminal
Politics

Level 2 of:
Education

Levels 1-3 of:
Journalism
Parnormal
Showbusiness

Levels 1-4 of:
Artist
Music

Levels 1-7 of:
Gamer

All levels of Slacker except 2 and 3

Myalgic Encephalomyelitis is a severely disabling neurological, cardiac and metabolic disease.
The Hummingbirds' Foundation for M.E. is fighting for patients to be given recognition and appropriate medical care.
Please visit hfme.org for more information.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 18th Feb 2017 at 12:26 AM
I think some levels of the slacker career use the "cashier" style uniform. Don't they?

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Theorist
#3 Old 18th Feb 2017 at 12:38 AM
IICR there is a place on sim blender where you can set all to dress in casual (or any other state of dress), however I never tried it on an apartment lot. Maybe somethin to try if you have the blender.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#4 Old 18th Feb 2017 at 12:49 AM Last edited by rielynn71 : 18th Feb 2017 at 1:03 AM.
There is, Cali, but you have to do it every. single. time. they come back from work. It is an option if you don't mind that though.

Andrew, you are right! Thanks so much for pointing that out. Levels 2 and 3 of the Slacker career do have uniforms and I have updated my list.

Myalgic Encephalomyelitis is a severely disabling neurological, cardiac and metabolic disease.
The Hummingbirds' Foundation for M.E. is fighting for patients to be given recognition and appropriate medical care.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 18th Feb 2017 at 6:50 AM
Visitor Controller causes coming home from work in casual .
http://www.simbology.com/smf/index.php?topic=17.0

It has it's bad side too. I cannot see SS members in their uniform in uni.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#6 Old 18th Feb 2017 at 7:58 AM
Thanks for mentioning that, Annaminna. I don't use VC because it conflicts with a number of mods I have and I like my mod mix as it is. But it's good to know all the options - that might work better for some.

I've been using MATY's nofraternization which only allows sims to bring home friends in the same job. That makes it a pretty rare occurance and if you have something queued up for the sim after work, it blocks even that. So that's yet another option, if the concern is bringing home sims in uniforms.

I know you can get rid of job uniforms altogether but I really enjoy my simmies wearing them, just not other sims.

Scholar
#7 Old 18th Feb 2017 at 8:21 AM
What if you put a hot tub on the lot, aren't sims super attracted to those? If they get in a hot tub they will perhaps change into their casual clothing once they get out?
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#8 Old 18th Feb 2017 at 10:13 AM
Or you could put a clothes change controller in the hall: http://www.simlogical.com/sl/Sims2P...othesChange.htm

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Instructor
#9 Old 18th Feb 2017 at 3:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Annaminna

So THAT is why my sims were suddenly reurning without their uniform. And here I am, thinking it was corruption...
Field Researcher
#10 Old 18th Feb 2017 at 3:41 PM

Eeps. I was about to install the visitor controller, but not if it does that! I hadn't understood that from reading the description. Is it an option that can be disabled, or is it compulsory?
Theorist
#11 Old 18th Feb 2017 at 3:41 PM
I have always hated the fact that sims were forced to wear any type of uniform for work, and modded it out altogether using Casual Dress For Work (the link is for the AL version). This way, I can have sims work in any career and not have to deal with seeing any silly uniforms. I also like it, as now my professional sims can actually get some use out of the more business appropriate clothing I have downloaded, and my slacker sims can wear jeans or more comfortable options to work.

Also, if you/anyone chose to mod uniforms out, you could always have a sim purchase the type of uniform you wish to see them in on a daily basis and just make it their everyday outfit on days they worked.

“Seize the time... Live now! Make now always the most precious time. Now will never come again.” ― Jean-Luc Picard
Instructor
#12 Old 18th Feb 2017 at 4:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Raindrop_D
Eeps. I was about to install the visitor controller, but not if it does that! I hadn't understood that from reading the description. Is it an option that can be disabled, or is it compulsory?

I don't think you can disable it, I tried every option available and they insisted in returning with their casual clothes.
Field Researcher
#13 Old 18th Feb 2017 at 6:08 PM
Thanks Velvetina, that rules it out for me then :-/ I actually rather like the work clothes.
Mad Poster
#14 Old 18th Feb 2017 at 9:05 PM

I think it also interferes with the togas worn by Greek house members during the initiation minigame and at their special Greek parties. I like seeing the work uniforms and wish there had been some way to choose for ourselves whether we want them turned on or off.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#15 Old 18th Feb 2017 at 9:22 PM
Lots of great info, thanks guys!

Nysha, those Simlogical options are great! I will definitely take a closer look at them.

PenelopeT, I have thought about a casual work clothes mod but they disable the "dress for work" option on the dresser. I feel like it would be a pain to pick out, buy and then reset the everyday outfit for my sims all the time. But everyone's play style and preference are different, so I love that there are so many possibilties.

Mad Poster
#16 Old 18th Feb 2017 at 9:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by labellavienna
What if you put a hot tub on the lot, aren't sims super attracted to those? If they get in a hot tub they will perhaps change into their casual clothing once they get out?
Mine change into their bikinis and speedos to get into the hot tub, and don't get dressed again till it's time to go home. (One of the reasons why their are invariably half-naked Sims wandering round my lots!) Of course it may be different If you have Seasons and the weather's cold.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Instructor
#17 Old 18th Feb 2017 at 10:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AndrewGloria
Mine change into their bikinis and speedos to get into the hot tub, and don't get dressed again till it's time to go home. (One of the reasons why their are invariably half-naked Sims wandering round my lots!) Of course it may be different If you have Seasons and the weather's cold.

Nah, they stay in their swimsuits until they turn blue. It happens all the time when I play in houses with pools and hot tubs. Surprisingly, none of the sims i've played so far has fallen frozen to the floor.
Mad Poster
#18 Old 19th Feb 2017 at 2:17 AM
That's always irritated me. They shouldn't get that cold sitting in a HOT tub! If anything, they should risk overheating when they're in there. It makes me wonder if anybody ever modded the hot tub temperatures.
Instructor
#19 Old 19th Feb 2017 at 11:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by RoxEllen1965
If anything, they should risk overheating when they're in there.

I'm pretty sure that's how it works . Even in the middle of a heavy snow, sims inside a hot tub usually end up with their temperature in the red zone, and it goes down some time after they get out.
Scholar
#20 Old 20th Feb 2017 at 6:58 PM
For some reason apt Sims just don't care nor seemingly affected by the intense temperature of the hot tubs, they sit in it forever.... Which is so annoying. I want them to have hot tubs but it's the same situation for swings... They stay on it forever and won't leave
Mad Poster
#21 Old 20th Feb 2017 at 9:03 PM
Pescado did some hack to fix temperatures. It stops children getting taken by the social worker just for jumping on the bed for a few minutes :S

Edit: Also, nobogartswings stops adults from being obsessed with swings! Alas it only works for the Maxis swing, but I copied the code from the mod into two custom swings I have and it worked just fine

I also dislike the way the VC forces everyone into casual clothing. I can't play without it though for other reasons, so I live with it

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Mad Poster
#22 Old 22nd Feb 2017 at 10:49 AM
Quote: Originally posted by velvetina
I'm pretty sure that's how it works . Even in the middle of a heavy snow, sims inside a hot tub usually end up with their temperature in the red zone, and it goes down some time after they get out.

In my game if sims are in a hot tub on a cold winter day, they will eventually start to turn blue with cold. I should run a test in a vanilla game to see how it normally works. Maybe there's a mod that's affecting it.