Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Feb 2017 at 10:44 PM Last edited by SuperSim64DS : 18th Feb 2017 at 11:22 PM.
Default The Future of The Sims 5
I have ideas for what would The Sims 5, coming on 2019 look like...
A working date system in months and years where you can start the game between the years 1800 and 2200 and time will progress. The buy mode, build mode, clothes in CAS and the world itself will look different based on the in game year and every in game month, new stuff are added to the CAS, buy mode and build mode from old radios in the late 1800s to holographic TVs in 2050. It's like most SimCity games. Bring back open world because most modern gaming computers can handle it. Add most EP features to the base game like Pets and Weather. Add Preteen as a life stage. Soar in style with a airplane and helicopter plus direct control to Sims while flying. Since the 1990s, Sims can get cellphones and there are multiple models available at the same time from flip phones in 2001 to bending phones in 2023. Cellphones becoming optional. Better story progression and also buy movies and videogames at stores or at your Sim's house instead of unlocking by your skill level. I want Sims to be this realistic.
EDIT: I forgot that a Sim's life stage depends on age.
Baby: 1 second to 9 months.
Toddler: 10 months to 4 years.
Child: 5 to 9 years.
Preteen 10 to 12 years.
Teen: 13 to 18 years.
Young Adult: 19 to 40 years.
Adult: 40 to 65 years.
Elder: 65 years and older.
EDIT 2: I also want babies to be made in CAS and be able to set the date of birth of a Sim there. Also, unique jobs and NPCs for each time period such as Milkmen, Soda Jerk, Robot Delivery, etc. Also, there should be six worlds available on the base game to live including a world similar to Sunset Valley and Willow Creek, a world in a desert, a world similar to Paris, a world on the beach and a world in another planet unlocked in 2050.

I am the owner and streamer of Twitch Plays The Sims.
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 19th Feb 2017 at 3:02 AM
Speculating on something we don't even know if it will happen or not. Let alone when. My head hurts.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 19th Feb 2017 at 5:39 AM
I agree that the question is more IF there will be a 5 rather than what it will be.
Field Researcher
#4 Old 20th Feb 2017 at 12:05 AM
I like the date & years idea but the items according to year sounds just too complicated and impraticle and I bet the first thing the community will do is to create a mod to unlock all items possible at any date.

Sul Sul! Hooba Noobie?
Mad Poster
#5 Old 20th Feb 2017 at 12:07 AM
My question would be..what will you all do, if there is NO Sims 5....if after 4, no more sims game come up?
*Holds on to her games*

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Theorist
#6 Old 20th Feb 2017 at 12:47 AM
Missing Sims game will leave behind a humanoid simulation vacuum and some developers will come along and try to claim it.
Scholar
#7 Old 20th Feb 2017 at 12:53 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosebine
My question would be..what will you all do, if there is NO Sims 5....if after 4, no more sims game come up?
*Holds on to her games*

Play my old games. Wait for a competitor to come along and see if maybe they're worth a try. But probably just play my old games.
Mad Poster
#8 Old 20th Feb 2017 at 12:54 AM
Pretty much what I would do, also.

Mad Poster
#9 Old 20th Feb 2017 at 4:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by newlibertysims
Isn't that what we want?

That's what I thought also, excluding myself of course.

Instructor
#10 Old 20th Feb 2017 at 9:37 AM
the future as long as EA are in charge of it:

Mirror floors, sexy mirror silhouettes, adult DVD, legend of zelda items and more ALL FREE AT: XTRA SIMS!
Mad Poster
#11 Old 20th Feb 2017 at 2:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by XtraSim

Nah. I'd like to think they've learned from the missteps they took with four. The biggest problem was how they built TS4 like an MMO and then tried to hide behind the "it's so limited because we're trying to make it easier on everyone's computers" excuse when that didn't work out and they had to change their plans halfway through development. I'd hope that they know better now so they don't waste all their time on an MMO that nobody was asking for.

The Receptacle still lives!
Field Researcher
#12 Old 20th Feb 2017 at 8:34 PM

Disagreed. Because the sims is a unique type of game that will always but always get it's own intended audience at all times as long as humans exist on this world. It's a life simulation, that concept can never get old. You can continue the sims series for centuries if you want to and it will always sell. In spite of all those players' negative critisizm, I think TS4 is still a success. People play it. I play it even though I don't like some of the major changes they made, I can still find things that I actually like within the game which make me want to play. With TS4 EA made a bold move and by now they must have learned which features are loved and which changes backfired. They just brought toddlers back. That's a good clue. They ARE trying to present what players want. I think they can try even better with TS5.

Sul Sul! Hooba Noobie?
Mad Poster
#13 Old 20th Feb 2017 at 9:20 PM
Honestly, I wouldn't be opposed to them pulling the plug on TS4 early and taking this time to start from scratch and give us a game that represents the best of their abilities. Because this was not the best they can do. We've seen the best they can do with TS2 and TS3 (it's just a shame that they underestimated how taxing TS3 would be on some computers. If it wasn't a programming nightmare, that game would have been a masterpiece).

I know they're finally getting back on track with toddlers and they've given us vampires that are more fleshed out and customizable than literally anything else in this game...but there are some things that just can't be fixed with add-ons. TS4 isn't bad. It's a fun game. In fact, I'm gonna play it as soon as I finish my grad school work. But I've found it to be more flawed than any other game in the series. And that's saying something considering all the shit I used to talk about TS3 back in the day. It could have been something great, but they fucked up a lot in its early stages and too much of that damage can't be undone. So now we're left with a game that's tolerable instead of one that goes above and beyond what its predecessors did. Which is what a sequel should be doing. That's part of the reason Saints Row IV sucked so bad (and I say this as somebody who liked it). Nothing it did was an improvement on the previous Saints Row games.

Mad Poster
#14 Old 20th Feb 2017 at 10:16 PM Last edited by jje1000 : 20th Feb 2017 at 10:58 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by lil bag2
Nah. I'd like to think they've learned from the missteps they took with four. The biggest problem was how they built TS4 like an MMO and then tried to hide behind the "it's so limited because we're trying to make it easier on everyone's computers" excuse when that didn't work out and they had to change their plans halfway through development. I'd hope that they know better now so they don't waste all their time on an MMO that nobody was asking for.

Geez this is what gets me- should've come clean about the whole thing and kept it as an MMO instead of the "muh strong foundation/let's not communicate/block all pre-release reviews" sort of bs.

I would've played it as I would have loved to interact with other players' sims online.

Quote: Originally posted by HarVee
2200? 1800? Every time EA tried to make The Sims in a time period they mess up. The Sims 3 is nothing like 1950s. The Sims 1 nothing like 1970s. Time periods set too far in the past or too far in the future don't work for a game like The Sims. The Sims 2 and 4 work best chronologically because they both take place in modern times (read: post 2000 A.D.) and more easy to relate to because of it feeling more like modern day.

Everything can get old if done enough times. Life itself does get old sometimes. Why do you think people drink alcohol?

The problem with a "current day" setting is that styles and technologies change. The second problem with a historical setting is that players want "current day" technologies as well.

TS1 is timeless to an extent, but is still strongly tinted with the late 90s. TS2 is strongly reminiscent of the early 2000s. TS3 is schizophrenic because they chose everything and the kitchen sink to toss into the game. TS4 is clearly set sometime in the future with all the weird tech gadgets present.

I would love a sims game with some semblance of time flow imagine playing from the 50s-now- this would be the best way to do unlockable objects instead of locking them behind arbitrary goals.
Mad Poster
#15 Old 20th Feb 2017 at 10:22 PM
I'm inclined to both agree and disagree. I'd play the shit out of a Sims MMO. I'm still mad that I was too young to enjoy The Sims Online back when it was alive. But I'd be beyond pissed if it was considered the next step in the franchise. Let the MMOs be a spin-off. Part of what makes the Sims so great is that it allows the player to make a world where they call all the shots. Kinda hard to do that when you're sharing the world with other people.

Mad Poster
#16 Old 20th Feb 2017 at 10:27 PM
I'm inclined to both agree and disagree. I'd play the shit out of a Sims MMO. I'm still mad that I was too young to enjoy The Sims Online back when it was alive.

Here you go:
http://freeso.org/

Part of what makes the Sims so great is that it allows the player to make a world where they call all the shots. Kinda hard to do that when you're sharing the world with other people.

It would probably work if the game was split between a player-controlled game + online meeting places. Basically imagine if the player owned Willow Creek but could travel to San Myshuno to meet other sims.
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 21st Feb 2017 at 2:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by newlibertysims
I admire your optimism.

How so? From my research, Sims 4 has actually outdone Sims 3 - in terms of sales, that is. I know it doesn't paint the whole picture but unless they're in the red or near the red, I don't see why they wouldn't keep it going. It's definitely their WORST installment of the series but it still appeals to folks and garnered a younger and more casual fanbase. While I wouldn't say Sims 4 was a smashing success, it wasn't an utter failure.
Mad Poster
#18 Old 21st Feb 2017 at 2:12 AM
Yeah. I honestly wouldn't even call it a failure from a critical standpoint. It's far from being a failure. But it's still disappointing. Mostly because we know it could have been so much more.

Instructor
#19 Old 21st Feb 2017 at 2:45 AM
The biggest problem was how they built TS4 like an MMO .

lol wat?! the sims 3 is more MMO than sims 4. sims 4 is just...boring you can't even explore. MMO's have open worlds you know?

Mirror floors, sexy mirror silhouettes, adult DVD, legend of zelda items and more ALL FREE AT: XTRA SIMS!
Theorist
#20 Old 21st Feb 2017 at 5:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SuperSim64DS
Snip.

I like the idea of advancing decades, I myself have proposed that very idea several times, so I'm glad others would like it too.

Story progression and open world: ONLY if I can turn it OFF (completely off, not fake-off like in Sims 3/4) and play the way I want to.

That aging system would make the game waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too slow. I have a hard time thinking of a single family I have played for 100 sim days, let alone multiples of 365 sim days. I'd never see a kid grow up...

I'd find it better if the decades advance like every 2-3 generations. That way they'd get enough showcase to warrant quality development but it wouldn't take as astronomically long.

I mean a Sim day roughly lasts 24 minutes. That means for a single "sim year" it'd be 8760 minutes or 146 HOURS slightly over 6 real life days of constant playing. Growing a Sim from babbeh to full grown babbeh-spawner would take 109 real life days of constant playing and the whole game from 1800 to 2200 would last 2400 real life days or over 7 real life years , assuming incessant playing without taking a break to sleep or poop.
I have a hard time picturing people investing that much time, plus no matter how much content they'd provide, these amounts of time would soon get tedious.
Forum Resident
#21 Old 21st Feb 2017 at 12:08 PM
All I have to say is if there is going to be a Sims 5, I feel like it won't be released until 2020 to celebrate The Sims' 20th Anniversary. I think that would be a smarter marketing choice anyway.
Mad Poster
#22 Old 21st Feb 2017 at 5:11 PM
lol wat?! the sims 3 is more MMO than sims 4. sims 4 is just...boring you can't even explore. MMO's have open worlds you know?

And yet TS4 was the one that started out as an MMO before they realized their mistake and changed their minds halfway through (I guess we can thank SimCity failing for that)

We all know that's what happened. We have accounts from ex-employees saying that's what happened. We're just waiting on Maxis to own up to it now. I think I'd have been a lot nore forgiving of the things that happened with TS4 if they had just swallowed their pride and admitted their mistakes when they made them, not try to disguise them as deliberate design choices (the elevator situation will never NOT be the silliest shit I've ever heard in my life)

Mad Poster
#23 Old 21st Feb 2017 at 11:29 PM
Yeah. I honestly wouldn't even call it a failure from a critical standpoint. It's far from being a failure. But it's still disappointing. Mostly because we know it could have been so much more.

I agree. There are many things that are done well. If I had not played 1,2,3 I would probably be pretty gaga about it instead of bored. But as I have the comparison I see all the weaknesses too. It could and should have been more/better, and that is sad.
Forum Resident
#24 Old 22nd Feb 2017 at 4:04 AM
The thing is, I always thought of The Sims as a game that's supposed to be timeless (empashis on "supposed to be" because they've been seriously dating TS4 lately with shit like "Simstagram" and "trolling teh forums"). As in, it's not really supposed to have a set starting year/ending year/etc. It's supposed to feel like it could be at any time. But that's just me I guess.

The simmer formerly known as Averex
My Claim to Fame
Theorist
#25 Old 22nd Feb 2017 at 10:54 AM
The sims 3 is supposed to be set in the 1950's?? Even if the developers said that, its blatantly not true. Everyone has a mobile phone, and look at the design of the vehicles.
No way is that game set in the 1950's. Early 21st century.

#BlairWitchPetition
TS3 NEEDS: TENNIS COURTS > BUSES > PIGS/SHEEP
Can't find stuff in build and buy mode? http://www.nexusmods.com/thesims3/mods/1/?
Page 1 of 3