Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Feb 2017 at 9:31 PM
Default Lot Zoning: per room
I am using some modded rugs that designate a room as a rabbithole. Is there a similar method for duplicating lot zoning, such as the Library, Gym, Majestic Vista (or whatever its called), etc.? I would make some combined venues, but the only way I know is to zone the lot -- which only allows one type, not multiples. Plus, I would like to add a library/study to a sim's home, where they could get the library bonus, a rec room where they can get the gym bonus, etc.

Also, is there a zone type of some sort that gives a bonus to learning to play instruments like the library gives to learning skills from books or the gym does to athletics from working out?
Advertisement
Alchemist
#2 Old 21st Feb 2017 at 7:45 AM
You can't combine lots and have them give buffs like that, as far as I'm aware. It might be possible to do if you mod an object to give the library or gym moodlet to a Sim when they walk into the room (kind of like the air purifier in Ambitions or the mood lamp in Supernatural), but that's beyond what I can do.

In the meantime, you can just have a lot set to Visitors Allowed or Big Park (even if it's not an actual park) or, if you have World Adventures, (Small) Market, as those attract Sims. And then divide your lot into a gym, library etc. Sims will still be drawn to those items, you just won't get the moodlets (which provide a negligible rate of skill progression anyway).

Tumblr - more downloads! ◾ CC reuploads / creator backupsTS3 CAS Conversion Catalog - for basegame, EP, SP, and Store clothing!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 21st Feb 2017 at 12:59 PM
Yeah its the moodlets I am looking for, not just attraction to the lot. I figured it would require an object hack (like the rugs for rabbitholes). I was hoping someone had alreay made something like this. Trying to google something these days is frustrating, because it keeps pulling up Sims 4 stuff :/
Scholar
#4 Old 21st Feb 2017 at 6:01 PM
I wonder if it is possible to use Retuner to increase the advertising of selected objects in the rooms, and then also increase the rate of learning on those objects? The moodlet would not appear, but the effects would.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 21st Feb 2017 at 6:24 PM
Ugh I took a glance at the mod and it flew so far over my head, I got a crick in my neck :P

It sounds like in theory that would work (if I understand how that mod works), but it would require tuning each and every object that you want to use in such a manner -- as opposed to plopping an object into a room that gives the desired lot effect generically like the RH rugs do. And it would also require actually understanding how all of that works -- something that is really the purview of folks who are mentally inclined toward making mods in the first place