Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Feb 2017 at 10:05 PM Last edited by ArrowLeaf : 21st Mar 2017 at 11:18 PM.
Default Sims 4 Difference in the Family Tree Challenge: Updated for Expansions
Updated 3.1.17 for expansions!

When I first created my version of the DIFT I didn't realize another version existed for the Sims 4. Now, it's been a few years and that challenge has not been updated for the new expansions that have come out, so I am creating a thread for my version instead of just posting in misslunes like I did before. If this irks anyone, let me know and we can discuss it. This is a work in progress and I am open to input from everyone!

Rules:

Have fun
No cheats
Life-span set to normal
Third party content is allowed
Choose the heir by any means you want
The next generation starts when the heir you choose hits YA (even if the previous generation has not achieved their goals!)
Spouses can have jobs

One point for each generation reached
One point for every objective completed
Two points for every optional objective complete
One half point for changing house to fit the style of each gen
Lose two points for every main goal you do not meet (for people who don’t want to insta-fail the legacy)

Generation One – The Farmer

"I always wanted to be a farmer. There is a tradition of that in my family. "

Your family was always into the farming deal. They spent their days working hard and asked their children to do the same. When you turned 18, your parents surprised you with your own plot of land to continue on tradition. Having always been one to want to impress the folks, you began creating your own garden; you'd rather dedicate your life to that than a dreadful 9 to 5 suit and tie anyway.

Objectives of generation one:

- Grow a garden with Blue Bells, Chrysanthemum, Daisy, Apple, Grapes, Plantain, Basil, Parsley, Carrot, Mushroom, and Spinach (You may purchase starter packets from the store but may only plant 5 different types of plants obtained this way. Any extra will need to be thrown away, ate or otherwise disposed of. The rest you will need to find on your own.)
- Get married, but no woohoo before marriage (you're parents were old fashioned and so are you)
- Have a boy and a girl. Keep trying til you do!
- Master Garden Skill
- Complete 1 collection
- Have and complete one of the nature aspirations
- No gardeners!

Optional objectives:

- Obtain and plant every type of plant
- Catch every type of fish
- Marry a gal/guy with "Loves Outdoors"
- Master Fisherman Skill

Generation Two – The Savvy City Slicker

"I was expected to be a farmer like my father and siblings. I broke tradition. It was great."

Life with your hands in the dirt wasn't the life for you. You always craved to spend your time in the city and always loved when in the inner-city limits. You crave for more important things then seeing seeds sprout into plants or the days your father spent fishing, as they didn't interest you as much as your siblings. You decide not to follow the road of a farmer, but turn to the city life instead.

Generation Two Objectives:

- Get to level 10 on the Business Career
- Move out of your parents home and live on your own until one of your parents die – then move back in to take care of the surviving parent.
- Get to level 10 in Charisma skill
- Get married.
- Have at least one kid.
- Have and complete a Fortune Aspiration

Optional Objectives:

-Become enemies with your father and mother (why can't you be like your brother or/and sister?) before entering your career.
-Make over 50,000 in family funds.

City Living Optional Expansion Path:

- Move to San Myshuno on your own and live in an apartment that needs TLC until you save enough for a nicer place (20,000 household funds) – move back into your old home when one of your parents die in order to take care of the survivor.
- Do not take your family's money with you when you move out – your parents do not support your decisions and will not help you with anything.
- You love the city – attend every festival that you can (exceptions for if you are at work or on a date/attending a wedding, ect)
- Get to level 10 in the Business Career OR political career.
- Get to level 10 in Charisma skill
- Get married.
- Have at least one kid.
- Have and complete a Fortune Aspiration OR City Native Aspiration

Generation 3 – The Wild Child

“My parents were always working, I was left alone. I learned how to live, how to survive, on my own."

Your parents have always seemed to spend more time in the office than home. So you decided to go to different places and see the world outside your own town. Better than remaining at home, that was for sure.

Generation Three Objectives:

- Join Mixologist Branch of the Culinary Career, get to level 8 (Chief Drink Operator)
- Have the noncommittal trait
- Kiss 6 sims
- Be boyfriend/girlfriend to 2 sims then break their hearts (you can be married to one and be dating the other).
- Get married and have kid(s)
- Kill/divorce spouse, then repeat above step (as many times as you'd like but at least once)
- Throw a party (any type) at least once a week
- Host a gold rated house party
- Have the serial romantic aspiration and complete it

Optional:

- Go on at least 10 dates
- Get a gold rating on at least one date.
- Complete any break-up/divorce whims your sim has

Get Together Optional Expansion Path:

In addition to the objectives above also...
- Have the DJ skill maxed out
- DJ at a nightclub once a week
- Max out the dance skill and win 3 dance battles
- Accept any invitations to a nightclub or party unless it conflicts with something else (work, social events, ect)

Generation Four Option 1 – The Artist

“The more I find, the more I type, and the more I learn of my parent's lives."

Your parents have led an interesting and dark life. With rich and vivid stories that were always told to you, both to entertain and warn, a creative spark was ignited in you. They filled you with the need to write and paint the images they spoke about.

Objectives:

-Marry, woohoo, have kid(s)
-Have a creative aspiration and complete it
-Master Writing skill
-Write at least 10 books
- Join Writer Career, Author Branch and get to level 10
AND/OR
-Master Painting skill
-Paint at least 5 Masterpieces
- Join Artist career (either branch) and get to level 10

Optional:

-Be good friends with parents (parent) and siblings
-Get 10,000 in royalties
And/Or
-Sell 10,000 in paintings

- In addition to the two careers above you can also become an Art Critic (chosen at level 5 of the Critic career) and get to level 10 of that career
- Go to an Arts Center once a week
- Complete 2 murals/graffiti

Generation Four Option 2 - The Musician

"Though it might not be quite from my parents, I learned to play the guitar, and sing simple songs."

It must be that creative gene, because you were born with a guitar in your hand. You've played it ever since you were able to pick it up, not caring if you didn't strum correctly or even well. But that you knew would get better in time. As it always does.

Objectives:
-Master Two Instruments (Guitar, Piano or Violin)
-Get to the top of the Entertainer Career; Musician Branch.
-Have at least three kids
-Get married to someone with music lover or creative trait
-Learn all songs

Optional:

-Play for tips at all community lots
-Have an affair (can be with a groupie, a maid, ect.)
-Have/ Get a tattoo

- Max out singing skill in addition to two instruments
- Go to Karaoke bars once a week
- Attend and win 3 Karaoke contests

Generation Five – The Protector

"Playing cops and robbers as a kid, I always wanted to kick bad-guy butt."

You always wanted to take out the bad in this world. And no matter what you'd try your hardest to prevail over the evil in your town. That was your motto anyway and thus is why you trained yourself so as to be great at what you do.

Objectives:

- Join Secret Agent career, Diamond Agent route and complete it
- Max Logic skill
- Max Athletic skill
- Have a kid or two while a young adult
- Marry your high school sweetheart
- Donate to charity once a week.

Get to Work Optional Expansion Path:
- Join the detective career and become Chief (level 10)

Generation Six – The Evil Genius

"Some people just want to watch the world burn."

There was something about you. You were different than the others. Could it have been you were smothered in too much love from your parents or you were just born that way. Either way, things are going to change around here. For an evil better...

Objectives:

- Join Criminal Career (either branch) and reach max level in chosen branch.
- Have one of the Deviance Aspirations
- Master Athletic skill
- Master Charisma skill
- Marry as an adult after at least two failed relationships
- Turn your spouse into a criminal mastermind
- Have one child (you want the perfect evil child)
- Be good friends with your child until they come a teen
- Have 3 enemies
- Preform at least 1 mean interaction a day
- Pull pranks/cause mischief at least once a week

Optional:
- Have 1 of your enemies be the previous generation's heir (their mother or father)

Generation Seven – The Bleeding Heart

“I won't end up like you!”

You grew up in the seedy underbelly, exposed to harsh realities far earlier than any child should have been. At first you thought your parents were cool – they took what they wanted, when they wanted it and allowed you to do the same. However, as you grew older you realized the harm they were causing and became determined to expose the very environment that helped shaped you.

Objectives:

- Join the writer track and become a journalist
- Make at least one enemy as a teen
- Then become best friends with them as an adult (if you have multiple enemies become best friends with one and good friends with the rest).
- Reach max Charisma
- Reach max Writing
- Commit one ‘crime’ or prank a week as a teen
- Donate to charity every Saturday as a YA
- Get married as adult
- Have three babies

Optional:

- Get into fight with parent(s).

Become a politician and reach level 10 (you can choose either branch – become a national leader to help make policies to stop your parent's old life style OR a charity organizer to help raise funds for the people they hurt)

Generation Eight – The Spoiled Brat

“Who says I can't? I want one! Now!”

You grew up with a silver spoon in your mouth. Anything you asked for your parents gave you and if they ever dared to say no, you screamed until you got your way. You never had to earn anything and now, as heir to a fortune, you don't see any point in working. You spend your family's fortune on lavish dinners, spa days and whatever else might catch your eye.

Objectives:

- Marry and woohoo a sim of your choice
- Have only two kids
- Do not get a job (spouse can but the ‘heir’ cannot)
- Do not help kids with homework or read them books
- Do no teach the toddlers any skills or change their diaper/bathe them
- Spend your family fortune – strive to get it just above what your bills are
- Heir must have 3 hobbies from this list (if it is a skill, max it! If it's a collection, complete it! If it's both, choose either collection or max skill): photography, woodworking, herbalist, frog collecting, fishing, gardening, painting, writing, causing mischief, video gaming, baking, collecting insects, yoga/meditating, collecting fossils, collecting post cards, or collecting snow globes.
- Read 15 books
- No dish cleaning

Optional:

-No skill that lowers fun is to be learned
-Flirt with 3 sims in town

Generation Nine – The Star Gazer

"I don’t know why but I’ve always been fascinated with science, the Earth and space. The unknown is enthralling."

Despite the fact that your family has never placed any importance on science or education, you always found yourself gazing up at the night sky. The mysteries the stars held propelled you into your studies and eventually into your career.

Objectives:

- Join Astronaut career (any branch) and reach level 10
- Max Logic Skill
- Max Handiness Skill
- Have kids (as many as you’d like)
- Have a small garden
- Complete the nerd brain aspiration.
- Visit Sixam in the rocket ship
- Complete the alien collection

Optional:

- Get married
- Get rocket science to level 10
- Grow the UFO plant

Get to Work Optional Expansion:

- Join the scientist career and reach level 10
- Make and use every invention and serum

Generation Ten - The computer prodigy

" 'Real' friends? They are my real friends."

Your parents were often busy with their own lives, chasing down some invisible evil. You took solace in the digital realm, finding comfort and support through forums, video games and social media sites.

Objectives:

- Once you meet a sim you may only socialize with them through the computer (the exception is other sims in your household) until you become friends with them. Once friends, you may travel with and invite over that/those specific sims.
- Join the Tech Guru career (either branch).
- Complete the computer whizz aspiration
- Max out programming and video gaming skill
- Have at least two children

Optional:
- Win 3 professional gaming tournaments
- Earn 10,000 via live streams/social media sites/designing your own apps
- Start your own social media site; have over 3000 follows

- You may join the Social Media career instead (either branch)

Sources (Credit): http://angelofafallen.livejournal.com/818.html#cutid1
http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/careers/
http://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=535355
http://sims3challengesrules.blogspo...new-sims-3.html
Advertisement
Test Subject
Original Poster
#2 Old 1st Mar 2017 at 11:43 PM Last edited by ArrowLeaf : 1st Mar 2017 at 11:53 PM.
Updated all generation for expansions, and condensed it down to ten generations.

:D
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 13th Mar 2017 at 5:42 PM
I love this little challenge but you might want to consider adding an optional 11th gen, that goes back to the original homestead and becomes a farmer like his ancestors. You then have made a full circle and can repeat or end it there.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 16th Mar 2017 at 4:30 PM
Ooh yeah, I like that idea. The justification for gen 11 could be that you always felt uneasy about all of that science and technology your parents favour, and you're worried about the overtechification of the world, you want to go back to your roots.

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 18th Mar 2017 at 2:18 PM
One thing I have noticed while playing is that you don't mention if the spouses can have jobs outside of the standards for the generation. I know an option for gen one is fishing. But what about using the woodworking bench, selling things at the flea market once a week and do you count the gardening club as getting a gardner?
Test Subject
#6 Old 19th Mar 2017 at 3:22 PM
This sounds like a fun challenge. I shall give it a try

I was also wondering about the thing ladykelien said: What about the spouses job?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 20th Mar 2017 at 3:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ladykelien
I love this little challenge but you might want to consider adding an optional 11th gen, that goes back to the original homestead and becomes a farmer like his ancestors. You then have made a full circle and can repeat or end it there.

This is a very good idea! When I originally was making this challenge, I had 15 generations 0_0 I condensed it down to 10 by making a lot of the other generations 'optional' paths instead, but adding an 11th to start the cycle over again is a very neat idea.

One thing I have noticed while playing is that you don't mention if the spouses can have jobs outside of the standards for the generation. I know an option for gen one is fishing. But what about using the woodworking bench, selling things at the flea market once a week and do you count the gardening club as getting a gardner?

I will go in and add spousal jobs suggestions. :] I feel like in most of the generations, the spouse could be in any career though. I didn't want to put too many regulations into the challenge, but since a few people have asked I will :D

No gardening club meetings at your house. You can still be a part of it - just host it elsewhere. :]

You can sell anything you make - just keep it realistic to the generation.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 20th Mar 2017 at 3:32 PM
Also, if anyone documents their journey through this challenge - let me know! I would love to see them!

My legacy following this challenge can be found here: https://thelandonlegacy.wordpress.com/
Test Subject
#9 Old 20th Mar 2017 at 4:01 PM
Could you clarify what do you mean by the first gen objective?
Quote: Originally posted by ArrowLeaf
- Grow a garden with every type of plant from the store in it (you may buy 5 of them, the rest you have to find on your own)

What plants are these excatly? Or do you mean the seed packets and only 5 plants from them?
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 20th Mar 2017 at 9:06 PM Last edited by ladykelien : 20th Mar 2017 at 10:52 PM.
Well, I've never known a farmer who couldn't also be a mechanic, a plumber, and a furniture maker not to mention construction worker. I come from a long line of farmers. So woodworking it is, cause you can't exactly can what you grow on this game though using the cupcake maker to make baked goods to sell at the flea market if it will let you wouldn't be a bad idea either.

Edit: I just figured out that with city living you can buy a flea market table for your yard where you can host yard sales. But, the real reason for this edit is to say, You don't have to give us jobs for spouses just make it clear they can have one. I wasn't sure so I didn't have my founders spouse take a job as a scientist. So now I am saving money for a rocket ship so he can do that to try and find the plant she needs to finish out her garden.
Test Subject
#11 Old 21st Mar 2017 at 9:17 PM
I started the challenge yesterday, wish me luck!

"If you were happy every day of your life, you wouldn't be a human being. You'd be a game show host."
Test Subject
Original Poster
#12 Old 21st Mar 2017 at 10:36 PM
Well, I've never known a farmer who couldn't also be a mechanic, a plumber, and a furniture maker not to mention construction worker. I come from a long line of farmers. So woodworking it is, cause you can't exactly can what you grow on this game though using the cupcake maker to make baked goods to sell at the flea market if it will let you wouldn't be a bad idea either.

Edit: I just figured out that with city living you can buy a flea market table for your yard where you can host yard sales. But, the real reason for this edit is to say, You don't have to give us jobs for spouses just make it clear they can have one. I wasn't sure so I didn't have my founders spouse take a job as a scientist. So now I am saving money for a rocket ship so he can do that to try and find the plant she needs to finish out her garden.

This is fine. What I meant by keeping it realistic to the generation was, don't have your scientist make millions in paintings. :] If you want your scientist to paint, that is fine, but keep it in the household inventory or use it to decorate the house. :]

The above is only an example. This should be followed for all generations. :]
Test Subject
Original Poster
#13 Old 21st Mar 2017 at 10:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by PlaguedRat
Could you clarify what do you mean by the first gen objective?
What plants are these excatly? Or do you mean the seed packets and only 5 plants from them?

The starting plants in the store are...

Starter Flowers: Blue Bells, Chrysanthemum, Daisy
Starter Fruits: Apple, Grapes, Plantain
Starter Herbs: Basil, Parsley
Starter Vegetables: Carrot, Mushroom, Spinach

Basically, if you want you may buy 2 starter packs. If you buy 2 starter packs that give 3 different plants each (example: fruits and flowers) then you can only plant 5 of those types, the other one you have to eat or throw away. The rest you have to find on your own. :]
Test Subject
Original Poster
#14 Old 21st Mar 2017 at 10:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Alyssa4Life
I started the challenge yesterday, wish me luck!

Good luck!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#15 Old 21st Mar 2017 at 10:50 PM
Also, guys, if you think something is too hard or too easy please let me know.

I am still playing through this myself and will update the rules/objectives accordingly.
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 22nd Mar 2017 at 7:45 AM
This is fine. What I meant by keeping it realistic to the generation was, don't have your scientist make millions in paintings. :] If you want your scientist to paint, that is fine, but keep it in the household inventory or use it to decorate the house. :]

The above is only an example. This should be followed for all generations. :]

I understood. I was just thinking out loud about all the possibilities for the first generation.
Test Subject
#17 Old 22nd Mar 2017 at 8:06 PM
I already had a boy, now I'm trying for a girl I made Summer Holiday my wife, but is it ok for her to be a cook?

"If you were happy every day of your life, you wouldn't be a human being. You'd be a game show host."
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 22nd Mar 2017 at 9:38 PM
I already had a boy, now I'm trying for a girl I made Summer Holiday my wife, but is it ok for her to be a cook?

I do believe we have established that as a yes. Cooking is related to gardening. What else are you going to do with all that produce?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#19 Old 22nd Mar 2017 at 10:14 PM

Yup! Spouses can be anything you want them to be! :]
Test Subject
#20 Old 23rd Mar 2017 at 8:08 PM
Thanks guys! But still, are you going to do gen 11 on the post Arrow? Or are you going to leave it up to us to do that ourselves?

Test Subject
#21 Old 23rd Mar 2017 at 9:04 PM
I think I broke my autosave and now its stuck on my other save........help?

Lab Assistant
#22 Old 28th Mar 2017 at 11:28 AM
I think I broke my autosave and now its stuck on my other save........help?

I wish I could. I don't know anything about the autosave. I only have it just in case of a crash so I don't have to go back too far. I usually save every 20 minutes or so. Yes, I am that paranoid about it.

Speaking of which, I managed to get my second gen moved into the apartment and put him to work as a politician. Now, I just have to find him a woman to marry. I don't like him. I know that's a harsh thing to say. I wanna like him, but this whole transgender thing we can now do, which I am glad we can do, has him sounding like a girl and that bothers me. It wouldn't had I intended for him to be transgendered but I didn't so....
Test Subject
Original Poster
#23 Old 28th Mar 2017 at 9:15 PM
I wish I could. I don't know anything about the autosave. I only have it just in case of a crash so I don't have to go back too far. I usually save every 20 minutes or so. Yes, I am that paranoid about it.

Speaking of which, I managed to get my second gen moved into the apartment and put him to work as a politician. Now, I just have to find him a woman to marry. I don't like him. I know that's a harsh thing to say. I wanna like him, but this whole transgender thing we can now do, which I am glad we can do, has him sounding like a girl and that bothers me. It wouldn't had I intended for him to be transgendered but I didn't so....

I also do not know how to fix save files. I am sorry. I save every hour or so.

!!! When this happens to me, I cheat in order to change their voice. It bothers me so much.
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 29th Mar 2017 at 6:17 PM Last edited by ladykelien : 30th Mar 2017 at 12:51 PM.
I also do not know how to fix save files. I am sorry. I save every hour or so.

!!! When this happens to me, I cheat in order to change their voice. It bothers me so much.

I tried that but it didn't work. I'm not sure how to cheat other than to hold shift while I write click then select edit in CAS. I can change hair, eyes, clothes, names and even faces but I can't seem to change the voice. I will try again. Maybe it will work this time.
Update:It didn't. It says I can't edit a premade character. I didn't know second generations counted as premade.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#25 Old 29th Mar 2017 at 9:11 PM
Thanks guys! But still, are you going to do gen 11 on the post Arrow? Or are you going to leave it up to us to do that ourselves?

I'll end up adding it in, I'm just being lazy. :P
Page 1 of 2