Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Mar 2017 at 2:04 AM
Default Does anyone here actually like sims 4?
I actually like sims 4... just wondering if, you know, there's a single other person out there who does.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 7th Mar 2017 at 2:25 AM
Yep. Some even think it's better than the rest of the series.

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Field Researcher
#3 Old 7th Mar 2017 at 2:26 AM
Not again this subject has been beat to death.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 7th Mar 2017 at 2:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Bur1440

Has it though? I just see a lot of hate... not really anyone talking about liking it.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 7th Mar 2017 at 2:49 AM
TS4 isn't too popular, but there are people who like it.

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Field Researcher
#6 Old 7th Mar 2017 at 2:50 AM
It's okay. It's fun when I am able to get into it.
Scholar
#7 Old 7th Mar 2017 at 3:02 AM
You can count me in, it's by far my favorite sims game in the entire series!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 7th Mar 2017 at 3:08 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Citysim
You can count me in, it's by far my favorite sims game in the entire series!

Probably my tied-for second favorite. I'm still holding out with sims 1, though.
Scholar
#9 Old 7th Mar 2017 at 3:51 AM
Love it. It's my favorite. 2 had the best content, 3 had the ugliest of sims, 4 has everything I want but more content would be nice. Even so, I still love it.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#10 Old 7th Mar 2017 at 4:20 AM
3 Really is ugly. And it feels like the odd one out with the open world. I wish they fleshed that out more instead of trying to go almost right back to lot-based game play making the whole world pointless. World Adventures and Ambitions made nice use of it then... like nothing until seasons. I don't hate sims 3 but it is probably my least favorite. I usually play 2 or 4 now though I've been back on a sims 1 kick... I just didn't like 3 enough to have a reason to start it up.
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 7th Mar 2017 at 4:27 AM
I didn't at first but it's grown on me and I've found my own way of enjoying it. It's not bad, but still underwhelming. I still like it, though.
Mad Poster
#12 Old 7th Mar 2017 at 4:32 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Bur1440

No more than the "Is this the end of the Sims" threads. Two of which are on the front page. XD

______

To answer this thread's question, yes, there are plenty of people on this forum that like the Sims 4. I happen to be one of them. But there's a difference between liking something and loving it. After two years, I'm still not really loving it the way I've loved previous sims games. There are many reasons why I can't really fall in love with this game but the biggest is that I just don't feel like they're really putting their hearts into this one like they did the others. It's passable. But I don't want a passable Sims game. I want a great one.

I'll give this to TS4, though: it's made me LOVE TS3. So I guess I can always be thankful for that.

The Receptacle still lives!
Test Subject
#13 Old 7th Mar 2017 at 4:39 AM
I like the sims 4 so far, it's my second favorite after sims 2, I think personally it has the potential to be better than sims 2 if more content such as pets and season is added later on. What I like most is the way the sims look, the aesthetic is a nice balance between realism and cartoony style. I also like that the public venues are always lively with around 10 sims or more and they do all kinds of things, unlike sims 3 where they are usually dead.
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 7th Mar 2017 at 7:07 AM
It's my least favorite Sims game, and it's pretty bad in general to be honest. But it is a Sims game, and it's the only playable one right now, so...
Mad Poster
#15 Old 7th Mar 2017 at 7:46 AM
As said this topic has been done a zillion times. I like many of the things in 4 but there are so many shortcomings I cannot love it. 3 is still my favorite even though I now see weaknesses in it. I have come to the point that I try to not compare them as best as I can, which is extremely difficult when I am in 4 with no CASt and zero place to build, etc. Every version has had merits and issues. Overall when I play 4 I feel like I am playing a game for 12s and I do not feel that with the other versions. I also feel 3 has far more depth to it. 4 has some good things, but it does not draw me in to the same level as 3 does or 1 and 2 did. I may play for an hour or so in 4. I would play sometimes 12-14 hours straight with 3. (!) All night long and then some.....
Mad Poster
#16 Old 7th Mar 2017 at 8:39 AM Last edited by gazania : 8th Mar 2017 at 2:53 AM.
I like some features of it. And just like the threads about the end of the Sims series, there are plenty of threads detailing why people DON'T like it or don't find it as engrossing as the other series, so I won't elaborate on that here. It's a good series to play if I want to satisfy a Sims craving, but don't have too much time to play. It doesn't absorb my time like Sims 2 or 3.

But some people really do like this series, so I will enter no "disagrees" regarding that in this thread. People have different tastes.

Thanks to ALL free-site creators, admins and mods.

RIP Sunni ... truly a ray of light.
Field Researcher
#17 Old 7th Mar 2017 at 8:50 AM
Aside from the textures, I really like the aesthetics of the Sims 4. Personally I prefer 2 as my top favourite of the series but 4 is my second .
Field Researcher
#18 Old 7th Mar 2017 at 8:50 AM
Oh there are plenty of people who like the sims 4. They just don't hang out on these boards, because, let's face it they're a pretty unfun place to be if you actually like the game.

If you're not reddit adverse you should try this community:

https://www.reddit.com/r/thesims/

It's a much better place to hang out.
Mad Poster
#19 Old 7th Mar 2017 at 12:35 PM
I'm tired of the assumption that only people who hate the game frequent this site. This forum has been less "hate" and more "like or tolerate" for a while now. This thread alone should prove that.

Yes, it's gonna be a little difficult to find somebody here who outright loves the game. In which case, yes, another site like reddit would probably be better. But some of y'all make it sound like this whole entire forum has a rage fueled vendetta against the game. It's as exaggerated as the statements about TS4 being a critical/financial failure.

The Receptacle still lives!
Mad Poster
#20 Old 7th Mar 2017 at 1:03 PM
I totally agree with that. Many of us like the game, or at least in part, but not that many of us love it. We wanted and expected more, and are sad we did not get it. But that is not hate. That is just seeing what it is. Seeing the good and the bad. Overall, I think most posts here about 4 are pretty balanced. Some folks totally adore it, some cannot stand it, and that includes people who do not even own it (!), but most folks seem pretty middle of the road from what I have seen.
Mad Poster
#21 Old 7th Mar 2017 at 1:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by dvdgamer2000
Has it though? I just see a lot of hate... not really anyone talking about liking it.

Here you go, a compilation:Sorry if I forgot any.

♥ }i{ Monarch of the Receptacle Refugees }i{ ♥
Field Researcher
#22 Old 7th Mar 2017 at 2:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ~MadameButterfly~
Here you go, a compilation:Sorry if I forgot any.

Thank you MB, I thought there were a lot of them
Field Researcher
#23 Old 7th Mar 2017 at 2:46 PM Last edited by Silly Merricat : 7th Mar 2017 at 3:10 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by lil bag2
I'm tired of the assumption that only people who hate the game frequent this site. This forum has been less "hate" and more "like or tolerate" for a while now. This thread alone should prove that.

Yes, it's gonna be a little difficult to find somebody here who outright loves the game. In which case, yes, another site like reddit would probably be better. But some of y'all make it sound like this whole entire forum has a rage fueled vendetta against the game. It's as exaggerated as the statements about TS4 being a critical/financial failure.

I've seen so many people give up and leave this site because they are just sick of the negative atmosphere here. The only reason I'm even posting lately (after leaving for almost two years) is because I occasionally check the boards out of morbid curiosity when I'm here downloading other stuff. Is it a rage fueled vendetta? No. I'm not even saying it's wrong. All I'm saying is that for most of us it's just not fun to hang out on these boards if you like this game.

I mean, look. It's like this. You've worked all day, dealt with your kids, and you just want to spend your limited free time nerding out and relaxing. Do you:

a) want to spend time on a forum where almost all positive posts get massively disagreed with and where the a lot of people come to just bitch about a game they're not even playing (or even sillier insist on playing even though it makes them completely miserable)?

or

b) want to spend time in a community where a lot of people actually like the game you're playing and where every other post isn't about how much it sucks?

The choice is pretty simple for most of us, really. It's not fun to be here - so we're not.
Smeg Head
#24 Old 7th Mar 2017 at 3:15 PM
It has its moments. But then again you could say that about all from the franchise thus far. But the loading screens and small neighbourhoods, in this day and age, and the stupid Maxis shit that needs a constant supply of mods to keep off the lawn, (Unbalanced sim culling to counter the non stop, pointless homeless sim spawning to name but one of the many absurdities) will keep it far from the top spot of the franchise for the next three of four iterations well into 2025 and Sims 7/8 at least. We should count ourselves lucky they went 64-bit for PC. Life's too short. If they made TS3 64-bit, TS4 really would go the way of the dodo once and for all. Hence they don't.

But, all in all, it has its moments.

"Become a government informer. Betray your family and friends. Fabulous prizes to be won!" Red Dwarf - Back to Reality.

Find all my TS4 mods and lots here: Main Website - simsasylum.com My Section - coolspear's Mods & Lots
Scholar
#25 Old 7th Mar 2017 at 4:18 PM
Only difference I've noticed between 64bit and the 32bit version, in task manager it uses an extra Gigabyte of RAM, like about 2Gig vs 3Gig which isn't much, and some machines it actually reduces performance, by running TS4_x64.exe instead of TS4.exe, if Origin detects your OS as 64bit it automatically configures your game to use the 64bit instead, and not from the specs of your machine, if you don't have a Quad core or higher, and you don't multitask much when your playing, I don't recommend using it, I've returned back to the older TS4.exe on some of my older machines and noticed it given me a much smoother experience.
Page 1 of 3