Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#51 Old 17th Mar 2017 at 3:56 PM
Nah, not really. Got it on release day and have squeezed 904 hours out of it, but I've stopped buying the packs and I've stopped paying attention to the community. It's not that I don't like it, I just like it so much less than TS3.
And I've always had very mixed feelings about the overly cartoonesque style of it. I do love my realism. The creative freedom is nice, though. TS3 had CASt, TS4 has full gender equality and some extra stuff in CAS and Build/Buy.

Sims themselves are pretty cute though.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#52 Old 17th Mar 2017 at 10:34 PM
I like The Sims 4 but I like The Sims 3 much more
Scholar
#53 Old 18th Mar 2017 at 6:37 AM
I love sneaking into EB Games and scratching up all the Sims 4 discs.

I'm writing a TV series, yeah. It's a cross between True Detective and Pretty Little Liars.
Field Researcher
#54 Old 18th Mar 2017 at 4:43 PM Last edited by Zennia : 18th Mar 2017 at 6:15 PM.
I find the the immaturity and stupidity of the sims very frustrating. There are so many things about the sims 4 that are so off balance. One thing the sims 4 is not and that's a family oriented game and I don't care what anyone says to the contrary. You have to work really hard to get any resemblance of family life out of the sims. Even then I've seen it fall flat. It's just one big dating game and kids are just props thrown in there just to call it a family game, which is nothing more than BS. I mean come on, kids can't even play tag or hide and seek. How about a swing set? Merry go round? A GRAVEYARD?????????????????????

For me, all of it is a reflection of the people who wrote this stuff into the sims. A bunch of college kids that have no sense of what a real family is. It shows the writers were more interested in dating and partying rather than family. I totally blame the writers and coders for the mess that sims 4 is.

And i say this after thousands of hours of game play.

It's all so damn predictable. I know what my sims are going to do before they do it.
Field Researcher
#55 Old 18th Mar 2017 at 4:53 PM Last edited by Zennia : 18th Mar 2017 at 6:34 PM.
I worked on one family for months trying to make them happy with each other and their kids and no matter what i did, and for months mind you, they wanted to be with other people. They wanted a divorce. And then i found all the other sims in town wanted to leave their spouses for someone else. And all with absolutely no regard to their children whatsoever. It's sickening. Wtf, who lives like that?

I have a lot of respect for the institute of marriage and so for me, it's been an empty ride with the sims 4.

I've played the entire series and if there is a sims 5, i probably won't buy it. I have my doubts that the same team can pull off a real life simulator. They have failed miserably in the last two series. Heck, when i heard the same team working on sims 3 was working on sims 4, i knew it was going to be a messed up game and that it is. Because after 4 series, they still don't get it!

The game has grant rodiek and his oblivious ideas written all over it. If you want to know why that card game that came in the kids stuff pack is there, just do a little background check into what grant rodiek does for a moonlighting job. It's such a waste of space and such a useless thing. I buy and no one uses it, enough said.

How about a real pool table? How about a 'REAL' soccer game this time.
How about slow dancing? Or the ability to give a real gift? A game of golf? Why did we need yet another card game, we already have one? Heck, if you wanted to make it a dating game, you could have a least made it a little sexier. Oh wait, the cost for animations. And that esrb rating thing, that they sneakily work to push the limits on. ( I could make a list for esrb of the perversions that are not so obvious at first in the sims 4.) However, it's more important to make the CEO's happy rather than the customers. It's a weird way to sell a product.

WHY IS THERE NO OPTION FOR A SIM TO SAY NO TO ANOTHER SIM? THAT WOULDN'T COST YOU MUCH IN ANIMATIONS. I WANT MY SIMS TO BE ABLE TO SAY NO TO OTHER SIMS. TO WARD OFF THEIR ADVANCES, FOR THE COMPUTER PLAYER TO DIRECT ONE SIM TO SAY NO TO ANOTHER SIM. WHAT ABOUT THE ABILITY TO LEAVE YOUR SIM AT HOME AND NOT FIND THEM FLIRTING IN A BAR WHEN PLAYING ANOTHER FAMILY.....UGH

And if EA is so worried about the cost of animations, maybe they're in the wrong business. That would be like a hairdresser not wanting to use hairspray. Or a painter not wanting to use paint. Or a zebra with no stripes. But a digital gaming company not wanting to use animations? Or squeeze by with as little animations as possible, enough to get it done and put it on sale. I can imagine all the board meetings just on animation talks. I bet if there was less talk and more animation, things would be better.
Mad Poster
#56 Old 18th Mar 2017 at 6:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by pirate_wolf_12
I love sneaking into EB Games and scratching up all the Sims 4 discs.

I've been considering setting my TS4 discs on fire for months. Problem is, I only have two and my lighter stopped working. So not today.
And I don't think it'd be very good for my lungs, either. But let's face it- me accidentally killing myself is practically inevitable.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Field Researcher
#57 Old 18th Mar 2017 at 6:38 PM
My idea of hell? Playing the sims 4 forever. Truly scary stuff. That might be worse than fire. I don't know though, maybe they'd be equal contenders.
Mad Poster
#58 Old 18th Mar 2017 at 9:15 PM
You know what - I gave TS4 some time again for the first time in months earlier this week. I didn't have a bad time. It managed to keep me somewhat entertained for over half an hour. And that's about as good as it's ever going to get, I think.But in saying that, I do have to admit that TS3 rarely manages to entertain me for longer than half an hour, though I am more likely to enjoy it.
TS3 is the sort of game I'll have an absolute blast playing like once every month, whereas I don't recall ever being totally obsessed with playing TS4.
My playtime reflects this - TS3 playtime as recorded by Origin grows very linearly at about 15 hours every week, while TS4's remains constant with a sudden 2-8 hour increase every six weeks or so.

insert signature here
Lab Assistant
#59 Old 18th Mar 2017 at 10:47 PM
I still love Sims 3 over it, but I don't dislike Sims 4 as much as I used to. I think it's very great with custom content and doesn't bog down my computer much like TS3 does. CAS in Sims 4 is also SO MUCH BETTER imo. I can make a different variety of sims and they don't look like marshmallows, like Sims 3. Sims 3 was incredible, but Sims 4 is a pretty good sequel other than the lack of open world-ness (is that a word? lol) and a few other things.

you and me together, we were gemini feed
Test Subject
#60 Old 29th Mar 2017 at 5:11 PM
I'm a person that judges whether the game is playable or not.

I love the sims 2. I would play it any day.
I never really played sims 1 in a long time, even in last December I wanted to play my cousin's bustin' out.
The reason why I chose sims 4 over sims 3 for 3rd place is because it's still playable. Now I have only 2 expansion packs (that's it) and some CC so that might be one of the reasons why the sims 4 is so smooth. I personally think the sims are a bit more alive and fits the cartoony feel of the sims franchise overall.
If the sims 3 was as smooth as the sims medieval, I probably would've loved it A LOT more than the sims 4. The game was personally unplayable, and even in my favorite expansion packs, it still breaks. *COUGH* Island paradise *COUGH* and well, they look too realistic for the sims franchise to me. Plus, it makes them look like they're staring into your soul, very ugly sims too. The sims 4 you make up for it if your have CC, sims 3, ew.

that's my opinion though. I at least want my games to at least be playable, and the next important step is the rest, the quality, the amount of things, hints, etc. Unfortunately the sims 3 couldn't even make it past step 1 :/ I probably would've loved it much more.
Page 3 of 3