Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th Apr 2017 at 7:23 PM Last edited by emmitouflee : 20th Aug 2017 at 4:31 PM.
Default Sims 4 Another (the anime) Challenge
Warning: Includes minor spoilers, the major spoiler will be omitted but if you don't want to be spoiled at all in any way shape or form, then do not keep reading.

Based on Another, the mystery/horror novel turned into a manga and anime, you play as the main male character Kouichi Sakakibara (you can flip it around and play as Mei instead or whomever, it's your game, but for story purposes we shall generally stick with the original plot). You're transferring into a new middle school, where you meet Mei Misaki, a strange and curious girl who apparently is not supposed to exist, you try to talk to her but each time you do, someone dies.

Story: There's a legend surrounding your class, apparently a very popular boy named Misaki Yomiyama died 26 years ago, but his classmates couldn't let him go, so they decided to pretend that Misaki was still alive and soon the teachers got in on the act as well. When graduation came around, a ghostly image of Misaki can be seen in the graduating photo. Ever since then, some years there will be an extra person in class who isn't suppose to be there, who is already dead but no one, not even the person can remember that fact, and in those years people connected to the class (friends, relatives, teachers or the students themselves) will die one by one. As a countermeasure, in the years where there is an 'extra one', one student will be chosen to act as though they were invisible, to balance out the difference. None of the other students or teachers can acknowledge the invisible one's presence, that means no talking or referring or even looking at them. If this rule is broken, then the calamity will start, and people will die one by one.

Mei Misaki has been chosen as the one who will be ignored, the one that the others will pretend doesn't exist, but Kouichi our main character is a late transfer, and no one explained the rules to him. He doesn't understand why no one will acknowledge Mei's existence, and tries to find out by talking to Mei. But unfortunately this sets the calamity in motion, and every time he does, someone at random will die.

Recommended Mods:
Get to School mod (can be played without)
For killing:
- Torture and Chaos mod (for killing) - give this to Misaki the ghost boy
- Or the Serial killer mod/Extreme Violence mod (I prefer this mod, can be found here Extreme Violence Serial Killer Mod Make sure to download the newest one, compatible with the latest mod)

Rules (if you haven't seen the anime, please read the story first above first)
1. Create 2 teen sims. Play as the main male character, Kouichi Sakakibara. The second sim will be Misaki Yomiyama, the boy who died 26 years ago, he will be out of your control (you can make him repair things and tidy up the house if you want) for the most part, he is only responsible for killing. You can choose to have him be a living sim, but I turned him into a ghost (I killed him with Burn to death interaction using the Torture and Chaos mod as Misaki died in a house fire), gained high enough friendship and then added the ghost into my household. (Alternatively, if you can't be bothered, just add him as a normal living sim out of your control except when you direct him to kill someone). You can also search for #anotheranimechallenge (enable custom content) and download my ready-made Kouichi and Misaki (ghost version) off the gallery (make sure to enable custom custom content when searching).
2. Create a separate household for teen Mei Misaki (you can add extra people in the house, maybe her mother, her twin etc)
3. Create another separate household of 8 sims (other teens, and/or teachers), you can create them after the characters in Another if you wish.
4. Spend pretty much most of your time between school and then after school at Mei's house, every time Koichi speaks to Mei on his own, another sim must die. Do not control Kouichi at school aside from completing tasks, once he finishes the 'Eat Lunch' task, do not control him at all. Do not control Kouichi when he is at Mei's house except for knocking on the door.
5. Assign the other students a number (do not include Kouichi, Mei or Misaki), and decide who the 'extra one', the one who is actually dead. Roll the dice from random.org each time to decide who will die, if the 'extra one' is killed, the calamity will stop and you win the game.
6. Kouichi is only allowed to have one autonomous interaction with Misaki at a time (each interaction leads to a person's death), so cancel all subsequent interactions and (if you're at Mei's house) leave the house

Goal:
Stop the calamity, the calamity stops when the 'extra one' (the one who does not belong in this world anymore) gets killed. The challenge is lost if the 'extra one' is the only one left who has survived aside from our main characters Kouichi, Mei and Misaki.
As mentioned in the rules, assign the other students a number (do not include Kouichi, Mei or Misaki), and decide who the extra student is, the one who is actually dead. Roll the dice from random.org each time Kouichi speaks to Mei to decide who will die, if the 'extra one' is killed, the calamity will stop and you win the game.

Tips and other stuff:
1. In order to keep up grades at least a little, as well as give Kouichi the chance to speak to Mei, fulfill school tasks until the 'Start Lunch' task, where all the students will head to the dining area and automatically socialize. You can't control who comes to school with the Get to School mod, so if Mei doesn't show up that's fine, you'll be looking for her after school anyways anyways. If Mei is not at school, feel free to focus on tasks past the Eat Lunch one.
2. To quickly increase the relationship between the main character and the ghost is to control+alt+c and turn cheats on (testingcheats on) and enter the cheat:
Quote:
modifyrelationship Kouichi Sakakibara Misaki Yomiyama 100 Friendship_main
modifyrelationship Misaki Yomiyama Kouichi Sakakibara 100 Friendship_main

3. Afterwards (because it's doesn't fit into the anime storyline if they were best buds) I removed that relationship and made them dislike each other a little with:
Quote:
modifyrelationship Misaki Yomiyama Kouichi Sakakibara -120 Friendship_main
modifyrelationship Kouichi Sakakibara Misaki Yomiyama -120 Friendship_main

4. Feel free to use the motherlode cheat, money should not be a problem (especially when Misaki the ghost is going to be breaking things all the time as a ghost)
5. If you can't be bothered to turn Misaki into a ghost, you can search for #anotheranimechallenge and download Kouichi and the ghost form of Misaki (make sure to enable custom custom content when searching)
6. Sometimes when you load up the screen, two teens will be showing each other a video, if that happens between Mei and Kouichi, that does NOT need to count as an interaction between Kouichi and Mei (it can if you want it to.) If you don't want it to count, then cancel any subsequent interactions between Kouichi and Mei, knock on the door, and start over (i.e. wait for Kouichi to approach Mei of his own accord)
7. On weekends, you can choose to go visit Mei or not, it's up to you, it's also up to you as to how long Kouichi stays at Mei's house
If Mei calls, or texts you that counts as interacting. If she comes over, don't be the one to let her in, let Misaki the ghost do it, and if Kouichi and Mei interact then roll the dice again to pick someone to kill.

Have fun!
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 10th Apr 2017 at 12:13 AM
Looks like so much fun, what an awesome idea! Thanks for this
Space Pony
#3 Old 24th Apr 2017 at 5:16 AM
Default Where can I
Where can I find the torture, chaos, and serial killer mods?
Quote: Originally posted by emmitouflee
Warning: Includes minor spoilers, the major spoiler will be omitted but if you don't want to be spoiled at all in any way shape or form, then do not keep reading.

Based on Another, the mystery/horror novel turned into a manga and anime, you play as the main male character Kouichi Sakakibara (you can flip it around and play as Mei instead or whomever, it's your game, but for story purposes we shall generally stick with the original plot). You're transferring into a new middle school, where you meet Mei Misaki, a strange and curious girl who apparently is not supposed to exist, you try to talk to her but each time you do, someone dies.

Story: There's a legend surrounding your class, apparently a very popular boy named Misaki Yomiyama died 26 years ago, but his classmates couldn't let him go, so they decided to pretend that Misaki was still alive and soon the teachers got in on the act as well. When graduation came around, a ghostly image of Misaki can be seen in the graduating photo. Ever since then, some years there will be an extra person in class who isn't suppose to be there, who is already dead but no one, not even the person can remember that fact, and in those years people connected to the class (friends, relatives, teachers or the students themselves) will die one by one. As a countermeasure, in the years where there is an 'extra one', one student will be chosen to act as though they were invisible, to balance out the difference. None of the other students or teachers can acknowledge the invisible one's presence, that means no talking or referring or even looking at them. If this rule is broken, then the calamity will start, and people will die one by one.

Mei Misaki has been chosen as the one who will be ignored, the one that the others will pretend doesn't exist, but Kouichi our main character is a late transfer, and no one explained the rules to him. He doesn't understand why no one will acknowledge Mei's existence, and tries to find out by talking to Mei. But unfortunately this sets the calamity in motion, and every time he does, someone at random will die.

Recommended Mods:
Get to School mod (can be played without)
For killing:
- Torture and Chaos mod (for killing) - give this to Misaki the ghost boy
- Or the Serial killer mod (I prefer this mod)

Rules (if you haven't seen the anime, please read the story first above first)
1. Create 2 teen sims. Play as the main male character, Kouichi Sakakibara. The second sim will be Misaki Yomiyama, the boy who died 26 years ago, he will be out of your control (you can make him repair things and tidy up the house if you want) for the most part, he is only responsible for killing. You can choose to have him be a living sim, but I turned him into a ghost (I killed him with Burn to death interaction using the Torture and Chaos mod as Misaki died in a house fire), gained high enough friendship and then added the ghost into my household. (Alternatively, if you can't be bothered, just add him as a normal living sim out of your control except when you direct him to kill someone). You can also search for #anotheranimechallenge (enable custom content) and download my ready-made Kouichi and Misaki (ghost version) off the gallery (make sure to enable custom custom content when searching).
2. Create a separate household for teen Mei Misaki (you can add extra people in the house, maybe her mother, her twin etc)
3. Create another separate household of 8 sims (other teens, and/or teachers), you can create them after the characters in Another if you wish.
4. Spend pretty much most of your time between school and then after school at Mei's house, every time Koichi speaks to Mei on his own, another sim must die. Do not control Kouichi at school aside from completing tasks, once he finishes the 'Eat Lunch' task, do not control him at all. Do not control Kouichi when he is at Mei's house except for knocking on the door.
5. Assign the other students a number (do not include Kouichi, Mei or Misaki), and decide who the 'extra one', the one who is actually dead. Roll the dice from random.org each time to decide who will die, if the 'extra one' is killed, the calamity will stop and you win the game.
6. Kouichi is only allowed to have one autonomous interaction with Misaki at a time (each interaction leads to a person's death), so cancel all subsequent interactions and (if you're at Mei's house) leave the house

Goal:
Stop the calamity, the calamity stops when the 'extra one' (the one who does not belong in this world anymore) gets killed. The challenge is lost if the 'extra one' is the only one left who has survived aside from our main characters Kouichi, Mei and Misaki.
As mentioned in the rules, assign the other students a number (do not include Kouichi, Mei or Misaki), and decide who the extra student is, the one who is actually dead. Roll the dice from random.org each time Kouichi speaks to Mei to decide who will die, if the 'extra one' is killed, the calamity will stop and you win the game.

Tips and other stuff:
1. In order to keep up grades at least a little, as well as give Kouichi the chance to speak to Mei, fulfill school tasks until the 'Start Lunch' task, where all the students will head to the dining area and automatically socialize. You can't control who comes to school with the Get to School mod, so if Mei doesn't show up that's fine, you'll be looking for her after school anyways anyways. If Mei is not at school, feel free to focus on tasks past the Eat Lunch one.
2. To quickly increase the relationship between the main character and the ghost is to control+alt+c and turn cheats on (testingcheats on) and enter the cheat:

3. Afterwards (because it's doesn't fit into the anime storyline if they were best buds) I removed that relationship and made them dislike each other a little with:

4. Feel free to use the motherlode cheat, money should not be a problem (especially when Misaki the ghost is going to be breaking things all the time as a ghost)
5. If you can't be bothered to turn Misaki into a ghost, you can search for #anotheranimechallenge and download Kouichi and the ghost form of Misaki (make sure to enable custom custom content when searching)
6. Sometimes when you load up the screen, two teens will be showing each other a video, if that happens between Mei and Kouichi, that does NOT need to count as an interaction between Kouichi and Mei (it can if you want it to.) If you don't want it to count, then cancel any subsequent interactions between Kouichi and Mei, knock on the door, and start over (i.e. wait for Kouichi to approach Mei of his own accord)
7. On weekends, you can choose to go visit Mei or not, it's up to you, it's also up to you as to how long Kouichi stays at Mei's house
If Mei calls, or texts you that counts as interacting. If she comes over, don't be the one to let her in, let Misaki the ghost do it, and if Kouichi and Mei interact then roll the dice again to pick someone to kill.

Have fun!
Space Pony
#4 Old 24th Apr 2017 at 5:21 AM
Default Serial Killer Mod
Ok found the chaos torture one
Quote: Originally posted by RicoSuavecito
Where can I find the torture, chaos, and serial killer mods?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 2nd May 2017 at 1:08 AM
Quote: Originally posted by RicoSuavecito
Ok found the chaos torture one

Here's the link to the Serial Killer Mod: http://mysims4blog.blogspot.com/201...o-of-drama.html
Field Researcher
#6 Old 21st May 2017 at 7:10 AM
Can I make him Get her Pregnant to add more Drama? ('Cause in the Anime, I DID see them holding hands inn the End as if in a Romantic Relationship) Or Woohoo, and have someone die From that??? Ty.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 27th May 2017 at 10:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CuteCuteSimChild
Can I make him Get her Pregnant to add more Drama? ('Cause in the Anime, I DID see them holding hands inn the End as if in a Romantic Relationship) Or Woohoo, and have someone die From that??? Ty.

Of course, it's your game now :D