Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Mar 2017 at 9:56 PM
Default Sims can't eat anything!
Hi everyone, I recently downloaded the custom food mod and then uninstalled it not too long after. After I uninstalled it, my sims have not been able to eat anything but quick meals like chips or drinks like milk and orange juice. After they cook a meal, the only options are to put the food away or clean it up. If the option to eat it does come up, my sims will pick it up, then reset themselves before they can eat and the food ends up on the ground with the put away/clean up option. I don't know for sure if the custom food mod has anything to do with this, but I suspect so because this was not an issue before I installed it. Can anyone help?
Thank you so much in advance!
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 18th Mar 2017 at 11:55 PM
Have you tried repair your game? Sorry if I'm not much help..
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 19th Mar 2017 at 2:31 AM
I have tried that, still nothing! Thanks for the suggestion though!
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 19th Mar 2017 at 4:36 AM
Is your game fully updated?
Did you download and install the mod correctly?

I have a ton of custom foods, but when I first tried that out, installing custom foods/mod, I had the same thing happen. Turns out I hadn't installed it correctly. It works fine in my game now, so, my advice is to check that. The mod itself shouldn't be causing those issues.

Also, there are a few custom foods that no longer work.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 22nd Mar 2017 at 12:23 AM
What do you mean when you say "install it correctly"? Could you please tell me the correct way to install it? And when that happened to you, how did you fix the issue?
Thank you so much!
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 22nd Mar 2017 at 12:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ShadowToby
What do you mean when you say "install it correctly"? Could you please tell me the correct way to install it? And when that happened to you, how did you fix the issue?
Thank you so much!

The easiest way for me to help you is for you to tell me which custom foods you're trying and to go from there. Also, make sure you have the custom food interaction thingy, otherwise they won't work anyway (if the foods are from here).
Please PM me and I can be of further assistance.
Again, there are a few custom foods that no longer work.
Inventor
#7 Old 22nd Mar 2017 at 8:19 AM
You said you have the problem after you uninstalled it, right? Did you delete all the files from the mod? Did you try to rebuild the fridge and stove to see if that resets the pie menu?
Test Subject
#8 Old 18th Apr 2017 at 11:08 AM
Had this exact same problem - I took all the ts4script files out of my mods folder and put them back in one by one to test them. There's sadly no other way to speed this up but it's gotten my game up and running again :/
I'm 90% sure it was the CAS extension of MC Command Center doing it but that's not something I can confirm
Scholar
#9 Old 18th Apr 2017 at 12:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by spiralqq
Had this exact same problem - I took all the ts4script files out of my mods folder and put them back in one by one to test them. There's sadly no other way to speed this up but it's gotten my game up and running again :/
I'm 90% sure it was the CAS extension of MC Command Center doing it but that's not something I can confirm

I use MC Command Center's CAS module and it's not the problem. Something else is.
Test Subject
#10 Old 23rd Apr 2017 at 10:53 AM
Quote: Originally posted by aparkison
I use MC Command Center's CAS module and it's not the problem. Something else is.

I had about 3 or 4 mods taken out and that was one of them, I just saw the word CAS somewhere in the error logs that showed up when I tried to make a Sim eat and figured that was it :p