Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in

Latest Site News

Nysha's New Creators for February - posted on 1st Mar 2017 at 9:00 AM
Replies: 0 (Who?), Viewed: 150 times.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Mar 2017 at 2:58 AM
Default Child Guidance Need + Parenting Interactions (looking for feedback and testing)
This mod adds a new Need for Child Sims that replaces their Social Need with –> Guidance. The mod (so far) includes 6 new social interactions, with more planned. I’m calling this a Beta version and making a post for it here, rather than releasing it more officially on MTS, because it's a new Need and there's a lot of balancing in that that's difficult for me to eke out solely from my own testing.

For instance, I want to know whether the Need seems too easy to maintain, too difficult, etc. Or additional features you'd like to see that also impact the gain or loss of Guidance.

I'd also like to know how people feel about the "parenting" interactions (they are listed in detail below): For example, other interactions you'd like to see, changes you'd like to see in the ones I have now, that sort of thing.

You can download the current version of the mod here: http://simfil.es/203406/

The feature details are listed below, including info on compatibility with other mods.

Child Guidance Need, Current Features List, V1-1Beta

For Child Sims, Guidance Need replaces Social Need. Guidance can be gained by being mentored or parented.

What counts as “being mentored”?

If your Child Sim is currently being mentored by anyone, they will periodically receive Guidance.

What counts as “being parented”?

This mod adds several new interactions, in two different types:

Type 1) Normal social interactions. A parent or older sibling interacts with a child and the child gains some Guidance. Current interactions of this type are: Tell Moral Story.

Type 2) Parenting interactions, appearing under the category “Tell Child To…” when a parent or older sibling clicks on a Child Sim, represented by the Train Engine icon in the menu. If the interaction is successful, the Child Sim will perform the instructed action and gain some Guidance. Current interactions of this type are:

Go To Bed: If successful, the Child Sim will look for the nearest place to sleep and go sleep or take a nap. They will also gain a tick of Guidance.
Requirements: The Child’s Energy Need must be about in the yellow (or lower) for this interaction to be usable. If you want exact numbers for testing purposes, the exact number is -25 or lower.

Have Some Fun: If successful, the Child Sim will look for the closest/best way to increase Fun Need. They will also gain a tick of Guidance.
Requirements: The Child’s Fun Need must be about in the yellow (or lower) for this interaction to be usable. If you want exact numbers for testing purposes, the exact number is -25 or lower.

Do Homework: If successful, the Child Sim will go do their homework. They will also gain a tick of Guidance.
Requirements: Currently has no requirements, meaning that if the Child’s homework is already done, the interaction will run, but the child won’t actually go do homework at the end of it. I plan to fix this later.

Drop and give me 20, soldier!: If successful, the Child Sim will do pushups.
Requirements: The Child Sim must be Energized for this interaction to be usable.

Take a Time Out: The Child Sim will walk away a few meters and then start an interaction called Time Out. While this interaction is active, any Angry buffs they have are decreased and their Mental/Logic skill increases a little.
Requirements: None, though I have some vague ideas for giving this different flavors, depending on the mood of the Child.

Compatibility:

This mod does override a few game files, so if other mods override those same files, there will be conflicts. I’d love to avoid this entirely in the future, but for these particular files, I wasn’t sure if there was a way to avoid it.

The override files are as follows:

trait_child | S4_CB5FDDC7_00000000_000000000000860C
Buff_Trait_Child | S4_6017E896_00000000_00000000000086DB
sims.sim_info | S4_03B33DDF_00000000_32B2CBA3DF34CAAA