Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Mar 2017 at 12:54 PM
Default Retail Fridge
I'd like to get rid of the door opening and closing part of the animation. I've looked at the tuning but can't tell where it would be. I'd like to remove or just replace it. Can anyone help?
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 21st Mar 2017 at 5:34 PM
Try looking under animation in BG for the animation itself. It looks like there's one called Fridge_Get, which probably involves opening/closing fridge doors generically. As to a specific fridge and its animation, if by Retail Fridge, you mean the one from GTW, I suggest looking under EP01\object\ (assuming you have the XML files extracted)

♫ Improvising into a corner ♫
♫ No rhyme or rhythm in this verse cause I'm in a corner ♫
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 21st Mar 2017 at 7:47 PM
It's the retail fridge from Get to Work. When I create my own tuning for the 'si_Retail_Browse_Freezer' it seems to break the object. The doors start opening and closing by themselves and no one will browse or buy anything from it. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. All I do is add my name under the data section as usual, then sub out all the original instances of that tuning for the new name and number, I didn't change anything else. Any ideas?

Here is the file - http://simfileshare.net/download/203572/
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 21st Mar 2017 at 7:59 PM
What are you attempting to do? (I'm not totally clear on that) Are you wanting to override the existing files for the retail fridge or add an entirely new copy of it to the game, with edits made?

Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 21st Mar 2017 at 8:03 PM
I'm trying to find a way to use the tuning for this without the door slide animation. Or if anyone knows how to make an object that allows items to be purchased from it's inventory on a retail lot.

Sorry, I'm still really new at this whole tuning thing
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 21st Mar 2017 at 8:24 PM
No worries about the newness. We're all new at some point.

In general, concerning overrides: You want to keep the name and ID the same. It's when you're adding new files that you need to a unique name/ID. Overrides are essentially just referencing the existing file of the same ID that's already in the game and telling it to go away and take a vacation, so that it can do the existing file's job. Or something like that. :P

The point is, for overrides, keep the name and ID the same as it is by default. Including its XML file name with all the weird numbers and such. Then when you put it in a package file and put it in your mods folder, the game will know to use the override version of the file instead of the version built into the game files.

As for the door animation, you may run into issues with that because, from the look of what I can find:

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<I c="AnimationElement" i="animation" m="animation.animation_element" n="animationElement_Retail_WarmingRack_Get" s="114740">
  <T n="actor_name">x</T>
  <T n="asm_key" p="InEP01\StateMachines\GetPut_WarmingRack_Get.statemachine">02d5df13:00000000:927043af026e13c6</T>
  <L n="begin_states">
    <T>get</T>
    <T>exit</T>
  </L>
  <T n="carry_target_name">carryObject</T>
  <T n="target_name">surface</T>
</I>

(This is from the file "animationElement_Retail_WarmingRack_Get")

The carry_target_name may mean that the act of getting the right object out of the fridge is tied to the animation file itself. So if you were to just change the animation. Say you were to change the line in the file "object_RetailFridge"

Code:
<T n="factory">114740<!--AnimationElement: animationElement_Retail_WarmingRack_Get--></T>

To:

Code:
<T n="factory">100360<!--AnimationElement: View_Critique_Looping--></T>

(one of the first animation alternatives I could find that doesn't involve touching an object or another sim)

You might run into an issue where the animation runs, but the sim doesn't actually end up with the item in their hands from the fridge.

Could be interesting to try though and see what happens. If any of this doesn't make sense, let me know where and I'll try to clarify.

Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 22nd Mar 2017 at 3:31 PM
Makes perfect sense. I'll mess around with it and see what I end up with. I'll report back if I can get something to work!