Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Forum Resident
#26 Old 27th Mar 2017 at 6:45 PM
I actually just remembered a mod that allows you to have sims change into a towel after showering. I currently use 'dress me correctly' so they spin into whatever they should be wearing depending on the time of day. It's great, but I think that a) having them change into towels is more realistic, and b) I would then be forced to have them change into a specific outfit instead of just automating that part. It'd be nice if they were able to change outfits by themselves like in TS4, but I thought I'd mention this mod in case anyone else wanted to have their sims 'get dressed' without them being so to begin with.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#27 Old 27th Mar 2017 at 6:55 PM
Depends on the Sim. Male Sims are far less likely to change often, because I don't have enough interesting clothes for them. Almost all females change at least once a season, most of them daily or bi-daily. There are a few exceptions where they keep their outfit for an entire age group, but those are usually side characters that aren't as important to me as the main playables.

I like clothes, so I enjoy finding new outfits for my Sims to wear. I especially like separates since that lets you make new combinations and find new fun ways to use a certain piece of clothing.

Creations can be found on my on tumblr.
Instructor
#28 Old 27th Mar 2017 at 10:45 PM
They change clothes when they grow up and I don't like their clothes (that's way less happening since I downloaded default replacement for 90% of Maxis clothes), so I end up with Sims who wear summer clothes in winter and snow boots and a thick jack/sweater in summer. I'm so lazy when it comes to clothing. If I play a house for several generations, the clothes are handled down to the next generations, so I can see the clothes I like more often.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#29 Old 27th Mar 2017 at 10:55 PM
Nook did I accidentally unsubscribe? I've seen no videos of your pop up. @TychoH Drop me a link, thanks.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#30 Old 27th Mar 2017 at 11:10 PM
On schooldays Andrew always changes his clothes when he gets home from school. At school he wears what he considers "sensible" clothing -- a shirt and tie with black or grey shorts. Then he chooses what he wants to wear in his leisure time. He's bought a few thousand Simoleons worth of teenage clothing -- mostly paid for with his mum's money, so he's got plenty to choose from. I suppose he'll want to buy a lot of new stuff when he goes to uni, but he's come into some money of his own, so he won't he won't be such a drain on his poor mum's purse. She'll maybe even be able to buy a few more clothes for herself!

Andrew has, I'm sure, the most clothes in my game, but most of my playables have got several outfits in their wardrobes. Of course some have a favourite outfit that they wear nearly all the time, but "What shall I wear today?" is a question my Sims frequently ask themselves. The only exception are really poor Sims. Clothes are so dear in TS2. Today I bought myself two pairs of shorts from Primark for £4 a pair. To buy something similar my Sims would be forking out §200 a pair! I wish there was a way to set up cheap clothes shops for impoverished Sims.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#31 Old 27th Mar 2017 at 11:15 PM
Andrew over on Affinity Sims Beks has knitting, a sim knits for awhile and a clothing pile appears, they can sell the pile or add it to wardrobe. Otherwise there are many mods letting you get free clothes.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
#32 Old 27th Mar 2017 at 11:45 PM
Not super often. Whenever they age up I change their outfits,and sometimes if a character is going through a crisis in my mind Ill give them a huge makeover. Other than that only when they roll a want to buy new clothes
Mad Poster
#33 Old 27th Mar 2017 at 11:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Otherwise there are many mods letting you get free clothes.

I just motherlode their account, and go crazy.
It's weird, I can spend several hours buying clothes or picking outfits for sims, but I hate shopping for clothes in RL...
Mad Poster
#34 Old 27th Mar 2017 at 11:58 PM
Andrew over on Affinity Sims Beks has knitting, a sim knits for awhile and a clothing pile appears, they can sell the pile or add it to wardrobe.

Do you happen to have a link?
Field Researcher
#35 Old 28th Mar 2017 at 12:01 AM
I only really change the clothes of my sims when they roll wants or if I imagine they'd change clothes (like if a teenager suddenly became rebellious, I might change their clothes.) Now I have a ROS roll event that is to change the outfit of sims that pops up occasionally, so I do it when that pops up too.

Cove Family (ts4 family tree)
Scholar
#36 Old 28th Mar 2017 at 12:13 AM
Ehh I usually forget but I like trying new outfits and should change clothes often. Heaven knows I downloaded 600,0000 files!

"Oh look, my grandchild is now an elder. They grow up so fast. Gee, I wonder when I'll finally graduate college." Sims 2
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#37 Old 28th Mar 2017 at 12:26 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosawyn
Do you happen to have a link?

Well if I go and look I will.

Google> Affinity sims knitting> http://affinitysims.com/files/file/...ed/?do=download First link to pop up. You could have done that yourself you know.

~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#38 Old 28th Mar 2017 at 12:28 AM
Usually when they age up I find the perfect outfit for them. Sometimes it'll be seasonally if I pick something with shorts and it turns to winter, but because Sims change into outerwear outside anyway it doesn't matter too much. Every once in a while I get bored with how a sim looks, or I imagine they have a change-of-heart type thing and give them a bit of a make-over.

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Mad Poster
#39 Old 28th Mar 2017 at 12:28 AM
You could have done that yourself you know.

lol I tried! I guess I Googled all the wrong things, because I looked for at least 10 mins before giving up and coming to ask.
Meet Me In My Next Life
#40 Old 28th Mar 2017 at 12:47 AM
Since CC clothes for my Sims is one of my biggest downfall, they change often, plus I have Sims that are Movies Stars and Rockers in the music career.
They can't let their fans see them in the same clothes everyday. I don't even wear the same clothes everyday myself, after all what would my nosey neighbors and friends think.

"Nothing in life is a Surprise it just happen to come your way at the time".
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#41 Old 28th Mar 2017 at 1:30 AM
lol I tried! I guess I Googled all the wrong things, because I looked for at least 10 mins before giving up and coming to ask.

Okay fair enough. I don't mind finding a wcif, I just thought you hadn't bothered to look.

~Call me Jo~
Field Researcher
#42 Old 28th Mar 2017 at 3:17 AM
I set one outfit for each sim per lifestage. For me that's infant (mostly use the same few defaults here), younger toddler, older toddler, child, teen, YA, adult, middle aged, and elder.

I might like to change their clothes more often but I barely have enough just for this. I need to dl more clothes but they seem especially complicated, e.g. multi-part dls with meshes needed and separate recolors. I like Cat of Evil Genius' Better Pants for Women , but have not been able to use it because I can't understand all the different parts.

I'll have to keep working on it - sometimes I just need to keep reading something and I'll eventually figure it out. Plus I need to stick to a plan of dl'ing one or two things a day so it won't be so overwhelming. Of course, that could end up taking a couple of years to get all the things I want. XD

Myalgic Encephalomyelitis is a severely disabling neurological, cardiac and metabolic disease.
The Hummingbirds' Foundation for M.E. is fighting for patients to be given recognition and appropriate medical care.
Please visit hfme.org for more information.
Lab Assistant
#43 Old 28th Mar 2017 at 3:50 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Simonut
Since CC clothes for my Sims is one of my biggest downfall, they change often, plus I have Sims that are Movies Stars and Rockers in the music career.
They can't let their fans see them in the same clothes everyday. I don't even wear the same clothes everyday myself, after all what would my nosey neighbors and friends think.

I am guilty of wearing the same clothes for days in a row if I'm not really doing anything xD I'll wear the same shirt like 3 times a week (I do wash it in between I just tend to lean towards a small amount of clothes)
Inventor
#44 Old 28th Mar 2017 at 4:32 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
But this way it's like someone made you go clothes shopping and then wouldn't let you wear what you bought.

I know. :P

Maybe if I can find several CC clothing that are similar to each other to sustain the clothing theme I want for certain Sims, I would happily let them purchase the outfits and then wear them as either a change of pace or temporarily to see if I can adapt.

As far as my mentality goes, I am normally content with using the same thing for a long time and I'm not always big on change. Once I make the change or am forced to, I gradually accept it. I am so weird that way.
Mad Poster
#45 Old 28th Mar 2017 at 9:18 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Simonut
I don't even wear the same clothes everyday myself, after all what would my nosey neighbors and friends think.

That you never do laundry. Which is actually true of TS2 sims, so...

Speaking of laundry, I always found it kind of hilarious that a TS3 sim who had recently done laundry could nearly fill their hygiene bar by simply spinning into a new outfit.
Mad Poster
#46 Old 28th Mar 2017 at 2:11 PM

That's okay, sweetie. Google hates me, too. It has such stupid rules, like we have to know the right name and spell and type it correctly. those things are usually impossible for me

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Lab Assistant
#47 Old 28th Mar 2017 at 2:30 PM
I used to have my sims change clothes pretty much every day or every other day to make it more realistic, but that was back when I had more clothing CC for each age and gender. Now, it's mostly when they age up and a season changes. Unless I have a tonne of specific outfits for a specific kind of sim, perhaps a more fashionable sim would change their clothing more often in my game. :lovestruc
Alchemist
#48 Old 28th Mar 2017 at 3:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by gummilutt
Depends on the Sim. Male Sims are far less likely to change often, because I don't have enough interesting clothes for them.

I used to have this problem. Then I discovered some new tumblrs and blogs like Misomoso and DeeDee sims (http://misomoso-no.tumblr.com/ and http://deedee-sims.tumblr.com/) and conversions from MDP and even Rented Space (who is Serenity Fall on garden of shadows, I believe)--now my males sims of all ages have a ton of separates. (Btw, thanks to anyone still making cc for this game. It used to be a real lack of options for males, but now, in recent years no less, I have quite a bit of great clothes and hair for males. Not as many as females, but I definitely can no longer say my male sims are deprived.)

Anywho, my sims usually have one or two outfits per life stage, not because I don't want to change their clothes or buy new outfits, but usually because I can't ever remember to change their clothes. When I do buy them stuff, I usually give them a couple of options, unless the family is poor, then it's one outfit each to conserve cash. Oh, and I will make sure sim kids and teens do get fall clothes and winterwear, if they can afford it. Maybe it's just my headcanon, but I feel like they can play outside for longer if they're wearing thicker coats and snow shoes.

"Thinking of you, wherever you are. We pray for our sorrows to end, and hope that our hearts will blend." - Kingdom Hearts

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
aka Kelyns | she/her
Scholar
#49 Old 29th Mar 2017 at 2:10 AM
Typically, my Sims change clothes once per major life event.Things like aging up, getting married/divorced, moving house or a Sim changing their outlook on life (either by using an aspiration changer or because the Sim has an in-story reason to change). Or if someone else in the same household has a major life event and I think that Sim would also change outfit.
Scholar
#50 Old 29th Mar 2017 at 2:16 AM
Quote: Originally posted by AndrewGloria
The only exception are really poor Sims. Clothes are so dear in TS2. Today I bought myself two pairs of shorts from Primark for £4 a pair. To buy something similar my Sims would be forking out §200 a pair! I wish there was a way to set up cheap clothes shops for impoverished Sims.

There is. Have a Sim buy a commercial lot, put an Open For Business clothes rack and a till in it and set the price to something your poorer Sims can justify paying. Make sure there is an employee assigned to using the till, then let your poorer Sims shop there for clothes.
Page 2 of 4