Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Mar 2017 at 10:02 PM
Can't age up babies? HELP!
Okay, so. The second child in this family, everything went natural other than mom not being able to have Brooklyn ( babygirl ) at the hospital. She gave birth at home and everything seemed normal from there. I randomly got a notification that Brooklyn was starving and was about to be taken but she wasn't crying, in fact, she was sound asleep! Then I get the notification that it's her birthday! Yay! I go to age her up and she pops across the house to another crib?! Momma did the 'reset' pose ( arms sticking slightly out to the sides ). I try it again and she moves back to her crib! I've taken out & tested all of my mods, no fix. Repairing the game didn't fix it either! Is there a cheat I can use to instantly age her up? I know cakes don't work but this is my fav family and I'd hate to lose them
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 30th Mar 2017 at 11:14 AM
Did you take out all your CC too? Mods aren't the only thing that break with patches. Try a totally vanilla test save and see if that helps.

ANY script mod that uses menus probably got hosed by the 1.28 patch, too. Check for updates for everything in /Mods.

Babies are supposed to be tied to the crib they're born to. I'd love to know how that switch happened!

Check /Sims4 for any LastException text files. Those can point to what's been borked by the update. Sometimes they're pretty obscure (especially if it's just a game code error), but sometimes you get lucky and an actual mod name, or recognizable file name, is mentioned.

Good luck!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 31st Mar 2017 at 3:23 AM
Well, I removed EVERYTHING, and it fixed. Added back in my custom content. Fixed. Added mods back. Broke. Took them all out, sorted ( I clean them out often based on what I use! ) and reinstalled fully what I wanted. Broken. So I've started 1/4 them to see which is broken... here we go! I'll update on what the likely cause was ( as 99.9% of them are from MTS and I'm sure the creator would like to know! )
Mad Poster
#4 Old 31st Mar 2017 at 9:59 AM
Here's something else that may help somebody. MC Command Center 3.3.1 HAS been fixed for the patch.

But, we saw a player who still had the "missing menus" issue happen, because of ANOTHER not-yet-updated script mod they had in. (Maybe WW, I'm not sure.) Nasty little mod-menu bug, EA dropped in. (I wonder what they changed to make that happen?)

Basically, "check everything for 1.28.25 compatibility" is about the best tip I can offer.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 1st Apr 2017 at 3:51 AM
Fortunately, both my UI extension mod AND MC Command Center are both fully functioning and WORKING in my game ( I pulled all but those 2 mods to check them, as they're my favorite! ) Tonight I'm doing more checking after my ranked Smite match!