Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
#51 Old 20th Apr 2017 at 9:48 AM
I used it to "fix" the outdoor shower and dance studio shower, both from the store, for mermaids.
Mermaids can use the items normally, but it's only for about 2 seconds. They gain nearly no hydration.
The only real downsides are that sims complain about privacy and shower nude.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#52 Old 20th Apr 2017 at 10:15 AM
Has anyone tried with deco musical instruments?
Scholar
#53 Old 20th Apr 2017 at 7:45 PM
AsaButler, does that mean that the script for the outdoor shower is replaced, rather than added to? In that case I think that if the goal is to enhance an object in its own class, Retuner might be more to the point (if you can find the feature you want to tweak in there). Leia3, I'm thinking that a deco instrument doesn't have any slots for picking up and holding so it would deliver routing fails. Are there accessory instruments that people have made for posing? Those might work better--if I understand this right.

I'm thinking that if you want to use a script that requires a particular animated interaction with the object, you need to choose a second object which has a potential for it. I haven't experimented myself yet, though, so I can't be sure. I might start with Arsil's toddler sleeping mat and various other flat objects.
Mad Poster
#54 Old 20th Apr 2017 at 9:01 PM
I wonder if you can use this mod to change stuff into headwear like in TS4. Nothing like taking a bath in a tub stuck on your wife's head...while she's going for a jog.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Mad Poster
#55 Old 20th Apr 2017 at 11:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by GrijzePilion
... in a tub stuck on your wife's head...while she's going for a jog.

And they say romance is dead...
Mad Poster
#56 Old 21st Apr 2017 at 4:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by igazor
And they say romance is dead...

Romance isn't dead, but a woman who has a bathtub stuck right through her head probably is.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Instructor
#57 Old 21st Apr 2017 at 7:54 PM
I've only just started using it but I've had a blast turning random deco objects into baseballs. Nothing like playing catch with the fine china! I have also successfully turned plants into umbrellas and a dumpster into a fridge. I was unsuccessful in turning decorative children's objects into usable teddy bears, but it seems you can take the script from objects in the toy chest and use that to make the objects usable. It looks a little wonky but hey, it works!
Theorist
#58 Old 22nd Apr 2017 at 3:35 AM
Hmm what about turning a regular door into a savvy/savvier door?

#BlairWitchPetition
TS3 NEEDS: TENNIS COURTS > BUSES > PIGS/SHEEP
Can't find stuff in build and buy mode? http://www.nexusmods.com/thesims3/mods/1/?
Lab Assistant
#59 Old 22nd Apr 2017 at 6:19 AM
Wow this is great, I just discovered the mod here I cant wait to give it a try
Lab Assistant
#60 Old 22nd Apr 2017 at 6:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by BagelTheDog
Plane Car+UFO=

Flying Plane

Wow if only the sparkles weren't there!
Mad Poster
#61 Old 22nd Apr 2017 at 1:17 PM
I've just been messing around with this mod and I made this:

Throwback to that time our fucking king threw a toilet.

insert signature here
Site Helper
#62 Old 22nd Apr 2017 at 2:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by THA
Wow if only the sparkles weren't there!

It's being eco-friendly with its exhaust. Or maybe it's running on solar batteries. :D

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Scholar
#63 Old 22nd Apr 2017 at 8:48 PM
Was that some kind of charity event that the king was throwing toilets at?
Lab Assistant
#64 Old 22nd Apr 2017 at 8:56 PM
If you use a motorcycle and a sailboat you can sail the roads but its really slow! YArr
Mad Poster
#65 Old 23rd Apr 2017 at 1:13 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lucy kemnitzer

It's one of the games he played during the celebration of his own holiday. I mean, if I had a holiday dedicated to me, I'd be inclined to start doing weird shit too.

insert signature here
Top Secret Researcher
#66 Old 23rd Apr 2017 at 2:43 AM
Any Harry Potter Fans?

The Ministry of Magic: Worker's Entrance...

The Ministry of Magic:

I used the L.L.A.M.A's script from Supernatural.

I am so going to do that in my next Supernatural game!

Quote: Originally posted by lucy kemnitzer

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/new...ng-contest.html

Such an amazing world where Crown Princes enter toilet throwing contests... and win!
Site Helper
#67 Old 23rd Apr 2017 at 4:47 AM
A witch's magic wand makes a nice moodlet manager.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Field Researcher
#68 Old 23rd Apr 2017 at 2:07 PM Last edited by Manna2710 : 24th Apr 2017 at 9:49 PM.
I turned the ATS3 church lectern in to a podium. So it looks like my priest is really preaching :D

Happy-Go-Lucky
Field Researcher
#69 Old 23rd Apr 2017 at 2:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by tangie0906
I turned the decorative cookie jar from the Store Bakery Set into a food maker that generates cookies. And a decor champagne bottle and glasses now generates a glass of champagne thanks to ATS3. My sims had cookies and champagne for breakfast.

I don't see why a deco bus couldn't be turned into a car. The animations might not look quite right depending on what car you use but it still might be fun to try.

Did you use Arsil food maker MOD to do that? I don't hope so, i do not know how to chance objects in to foodmaker . Nice picture btw.

Happy-Go-Lucky
Test Subject
Original Poster
#70 Old 24th Apr 2017 at 12:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Manna2710
Did you use Arsil food maker MOD to do that? I don't hope so, i do not know how to chance objects in to foodmaker . Nice picture btw.

Well with the Transmogrifier it is super easy. Just change the script of an object into Arsil's food maker and done. I think it was something like Sims3.Gameplay.Objects.Foodmaker or so, can't think of it it now, but it is something like this you do know how to use Icarus's Transmogrifier mod, right?
Field Researcher
#71 Old 24th Apr 2017 at 2:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Epica0
Well with the Transmogrifier it is super easy. Just change the script of an object into Arsil's food maker and done. I think it was something like Sims3.Gameplay.Objects.Foodmaker or so, can't think of it it now, but it is something like this you do know how to use Icarus's Transmogrifier mod, right?

Yes! Thank you , i will try it out. Icarus's MOD is easy to use.

Happy-Go-Lucky
Theorist
#72 Old 24th Apr 2017 at 2:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Manna2710
Yes! Thank you , i will try it out. Icarus's MOD is easy to use.

Yes, exactly as she said. I've tried to use the foodmaker mod a couple of times in the past but for some reason couldn't get it to work. With this Transmogrifier mod it's super easy to use it and I've not had any problems getting it to work. Even when it tells me that the NGMP entry is invalid it still seems to work in live mode. The only other issue I've had is that if the object is not sitting on a counter you have to click that on the menu - I turned the deco cooler that came with IP into a food maker and now it generates a custom beer or pop drink that I got from ATS3. But it wouldn't work at first because I needed to go back and click on "Set object as NOT a counter appliance" (on the set-up menu).*

You have to have food objects for the foodmaker to "produce" when you click on the object in live mode, unless the regular EA recipes work for you (those work with the Set Recipes option). For example with the fruit bowl I needed pieces of fruit that were identifiable by the foodmaker mod with a NGMP entry, so I used two fruits that Sandy at ATS3 already set up to use with Arsil's mod. After you change the script class of the item to Arsil's foodmaker, you click on the object, select settings, Set Morsels (custom food use the morsels from WA) or Beverage, then the name assigned to the custom food object (or you can create them yourself with S3PE but I haven't figured out how to do that part yet either). See the last pic on this ATS3 page to see what the menu looks like; she shows an example of setting a CC pack of beer to generate her custom beer drink: http://aroundthesims3.com/infos/tips_foodmaker.html

*Just to note, there are no animations for sims to reach down to a cooler object and take out a drink for example so the sim just walks up to the food maker object and the food or drink just appears in their hand.

¢¾ Receptacle Refugee ¢¾ ~ Where are we going, and why am I in this handbasket!? ~
Laura's Legacy
Field Researcher
#73 Old 24th Apr 2017 at 6:45 PM
@tangie0906 thank you for your great explanation!

Happy-Go-Lucky
Scholar
#74 Old 3rd May 2017 at 2:22 AM
I used the mod on the 'Old Timey' T.V., using the script from the one of the more expensive T.V.s. Not only do my sims not get the 'poor reception' moodlet when they use it, but it now has colour.

Legend is history as we would like it to be. We pick through the dusts of time for what is worth keeping and, here and there, we occasionally find treasure.

Simblr: Elyndaworld *** Wordpress: Tales of Nantrelor
Field Researcher
#75 Old 3rd May 2017 at 3:29 PM
You can copy the script for one of the gender specific doors over to a normal door. No more giant woman or man symbols on a swinging door that doesn't match any other door in the game.
Page 3 of 4