Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 29th Mar 2017 at 11:19 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default Can somebody help?!
A long time ago I installed iriesims' AM military jacket but it made the tots appear weird so I uninstalled it but it won't go away. I've tried everything and its still hanging around somehow. However, I know a way to fix it so that it won't appear on toddlers if somebody can just help me get the original sims 3 pack. Thank you.
Advertisement
Inventor
#2 Old 29th Mar 2017 at 7:56 PM
I'm not familiar with it, but i did some searching and it looks like it was at/on TSR at one time and got pulled? I found something that may or may not help, but it was all I could find. This link http://www.mixei.ru/threads/81227-M...a-odezhda/page3 , has a link ( at the top) to the dead TSR item, the bottom link (the little blue box) takes you here http://radikal.ru/fp/eb939e65ebfe4c7c8397e39f95daf817 . The google search that got me there said in the description that "only registered and activated users can see links". I'm not either of those there, so no idea if there is actually a way to dl it. Sorry, but that's all I could find. If you don't have any luck here, I'd try at Simscave using the info I found, I know several of the more active members there are members of many of the Russian sites.

Shotgunning bland cucumbers since 1974
Instructor
Original Poster
#3 Old 30th Mar 2017 at 11:29 AM
Quote: Originally posted by MOOKIEBLAYLOCK
I'm not familiar with it, but i did some searching and it looks like it was at/on TSR at one time and got pulled? I found something that may or may not help, but it was all I could find. This link http://www.mixei.ru/threads/81227-M...a-odezhda/page3 , has a link ( at the top) to the dead TSR item, the bottom link (the little blue box) takes you here http://radikal.ru/fp/eb939e65ebfe4c7c8397e39f95daf817 . The google search that got me there said in the description that "only registered and activated users can see links". I'm not either of those there, so no idea if there is actually a way to dl it. Sorry, but that's all I could find. If you don't have any luck here, I'd try at Simscave using the info I found, I know several of the more active members there are members of many of the Russian sites.

Thank you! I will certainly try it!
Top Secret Researcher
#4 Old 30th Mar 2017 at 11:18 PM
Where you installed the jacket via 3Pack: Have you tried using Kuree's EasyCASP Editor? The Editor will display CC CAS items installed via 3Pack. Where you can not find the item to uninstall and you do see it in the CASP editor there are a couple of options:

Put your mouse over the picture and the instance number will be displayed. From there you could use NRaas Packer to show where the files are and use S3PE to remove or edit the grid to disallow toddlers. OR, just use EasyCASP to hide the item in CAS, disallow Toddlers and random use by the game or what ever your preferred method is.
Instructor
Original Poster
#5 Old 31st Mar 2017 at 12:16 AM
Well, technically I have uninstalled it via the launcher but it just hangs around. Any idea if this will still work?
Top Secret Researcher
#6 Old 31st Mar 2017 at 12:37 AM
Quote: Originally posted by t888
Well, technically I have uninstalled it via the launcher but it just hangs around. Any idea if this will still work?

It is worth a try to see if the thumbnail is visible in EasyCASP so you can get the instance number. I have had what you are experiencing happen in my game and it wasn't until I was able to get rid of the thumbnails using S3PE it went away.

I might have missed this but are you still seeing the jacket in CAS? If you are while in CAS select the item you do not want and
right click on the item you do not want. That will will show the CAS details for the item and also create a ScriptError file in your Sims 3 user-directory which will have the instance number.
Instructor
Original Poster
#7 Old 31st Mar 2017 at 4:34 PM Last edited by t888 : 1st Apr 2017 at 10:28 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by barbarat
It is worth a try to see if the thumbnail is visible in EasyCASP so you can get the instance number. I have had what you are experiencing happen in my game and it wasn't until I was able to get rid of the thumbnails using S3PE it went away.

I might have missed this but are you still seeing the jacket in CAS? If you are while in CAS select the item you do not want and
right click on the item you do not want. That will will show the CAS details for the item and also create a ScriptError file in your Sims 3 user-directory which will have the instance number.

Yeah, I'm seeing it i CAS. However, using EasyCASP as you suggested I was able to find the instance number. That shows me the CASP file, How did you use S3PE to get rid of the thumbnails? Unset the CASP for all categories? Edit the DCCache? Or something else?
Top Secret Researcher
#8 Old 1st Apr 2017 at 5:10 PM
Before you start, I suggest backing up your game folder. A bit of overkill but not knowing where the file actually lives backing up is well worth it if something goes wrong and you need to revert back.

If you have not tried it already try just hiding the jacket in EasyCASP and make sure to deselect the use for random. Clear CAS caches/thumbnails, load the game and see if the jacket is gone. If not:

Before you can use S3PE you need to find the instance file(s) that refer to the jacket. You can use NRaas Packer for that. Click on the little binoculars in the Menu Bar, copy and paste the instance number and select your The Sims 3 Game Folder then hit Search.
Packer will come back with the folder and path in Notepad++. Now you can open S3PE and select Open in the Menu Bar. A window will come up "Open Package" with "Look in: Select the Folder/File path Packer found. Packer generally points to the CASTthumbnails.package and or another CASP.package file if you've updated other CAS items. Select the folder/file path Packer gave you. Once open scroll down the Instance numbers and find the one you are looking for. Right click on it and select "deleted" once deleted save the file. It might take a minute or two to save depending upon the size of the file you opened. Don't touch anything until you see your screen flicker as the file is being saved.

If you just want to adjust the items availability rather than delete, once you find the instance number and select it click on Grid at the bottom of the Window in S3PE. That will bring up another window with the current availability/species/age/clothing category etc.

Using S3PE to delete is not an actual uninstall. Rather you are hiding it from the game. The only way to actually uninstall would be to go through DCCache using the Launcher. I use Mel's Method Found On This Page.

There are other ways to resolve this type of problem. This is what has worked for me. Others in here might have better or easier solutions.

Edit: Looking back on your thread I see you've done some of the steps already such as finding the instance number and uninstalling. My bad. But perhaps the extra steps I added will help someone else
Instructor
Original Poster
#9 Old 2nd Apr 2017 at 9:10 AM
Before you start, I suggest backing up your game folder. A bit of overkill but not knowing where the file actually lives backing up is well worth it if something goes wrong and you need to revert back.

If you have not tried it already try just hiding the jacket in EasyCASP and make sure to deselect the use for random. Clear CAS caches/thumbnails, load the game and see if the jacket is gone. If not:

Before you can use S3PE you need to find the instance file(s) that refer to the jacket. You can use NRaas Packer for that. Click on the little binoculars in the Menu Bar, copy and paste the instance number and select your The Sims 3 Game Folder then hit Search.
Packer will come back with the folder and path in Notepad++. Now you can open S3PE and select Open in the Menu Bar. A window will come up "Open Package" with "Look in: Select the Folder/File path Packer found. Packer generally points to the CASTthumbnails.package and or another CASP.package file if you've updated other CAS items. Select the folder/file path Packer gave you. Once open scroll down the Instance numbers and find the one you are looking for. Right click on it and select "deleted" once deleted save the file. It might take a minute or two to save depending upon the size of the file you opened. Don't touch anything until you see your screen flicker as the file is being saved.

If you just want to adjust the items availability rather than delete, once you find the instance number and select it click on Grid at the bottom of the Window in S3PE. That will bring up another window with the current availability/species/age/clothing category etc.

Using S3PE to delete is not an actual uninstall. Rather you are hiding it from the game. The only way to actually uninstall would be to go through DCCache using the Launcher. I use Mel's Method Found On This Page.

There are other ways to resolve this type of problem. This is what has worked for me. Others in here might have better or easier solutions.

Edit: Looking back on your thread I see you've done some of the steps already such as finding the instance number and uninstalling. My bad. But perhaps the extra steps I added will help someone else

Yeah, I had previously uninstalled but it has hung around I'll try following your steps to, hopefully, finish it off for good. And I'm definitely up for learning more tricks to help eliminate and prevent the problem before the next time it happens.
Top Secret Researcher
#10 Old 2nd Apr 2017 at 11:41 AM
Hope that works for you. I've had a couple of instances where I just could not get rid of the item even though uninstalled and "deleted". I figured I'd just have to live with it and oddly enough a sim showed up in game with the unwanted clothing item. I would have thought where the outfit was uninstalled that would have been enough. Unfortunately for those of us with a ton of 3Pks installed we have to deal with the Launcher which just can't handle what we are throwing at it. Once I took them into CAS and changed the outfit I never saw the outfit again.

Something else to consider: another time I discovered I somehow managed to install the item twice. Once via 3Pack and once a .package file.
Instructor
Original Poster
#11 Old 2nd Apr 2017 at 2:01 PM
Hope that works for you. I've had a couple of instances where I just could not get rid of the item even though uninstalled and "deleted". I figured I'd just have to live with it and oddly enough a sim showed up in game with the unwanted clothing item. I would have thought where the outfit was uninstalled that would have been enough. Unfortunately for those of us with a ton of 3Pks installed we have to deal with the Launcher which just can't handle what we are throwing at it. Once I took them into CAS and changed the outfit I never saw the outfit again.

Something else to consider: another time I discovered I somehow managed to install the item twice. Once via 3Pack and once a .package file.

I'll keep those points in mind! This sim that showed up wearing it, was he a randomly created sim or what?
Top Secret Researcher
#12 Old 2nd Apr 2017 at 2:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by t888
I'll keep those points in mind! This sim that showed up wearing it, was he a randomly created sim or what?

Yes, she was randomly created and not one of the resident households I rotate. The sweater must have been randomly assigned to my sim prior to me uninstalling it using the Launcher and finishing, or thought I finished the job with S3PE. Even when I took her into CAS I could not remove the sweater but once I made her active and used MC to reset her the sweater completely disappeared.
Instructor
Original Poster
#13 Old 2nd Apr 2017 at 6:08 PM
Yes, she was randomly created and not one of the resident households I rotate. The sweater must have been randomly assigned to my sim prior to me uninstalling it using the Launcher and finishing, or thought I finished the job with S3PE. Even when I took her into CAS I could not remove the sweater but once I made her active and used MC to reset her the sweater completely disappeared.

Now that is something handy to know! It would be hard to figure that out, maybe, if not for your previous experience!