Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#51 Old 30th Mar 2017 at 4:22 AM
Subscribe to magazines then.

Sim repairpeople make up for that by having a two hour window of opportunity where the person will actually come over the same day.
Advertisement
Theorist
#52 Old 30th Mar 2017 at 6:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
...I'm gonna say menstrual cycle. I envy my sims for not having to put up with monthly crap. It would drive me nuts to deal with changing a pad every few hours and/or mood swings..

If you were inclined to make your female sims suffer as you do .. Period Mod .... lol
Top Secret Researcher
#53 Old 30th Mar 2017 at 6:27 AM
OMG there's a mod for everything...
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#54 Old 30th Mar 2017 at 7:04 AM
There sure is.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Inventor
#55 Old 30th Mar 2017 at 7:58 AM
It'd be annoying if there was a very neat Sim freaking out over germs. This would mean everything at the house as to be spotless and without any contagious bugs at all. If at a community lot, they would purposely clean every appliance available before daring to use it. They would also go into hysteria or even collapse if another Sim sneezes on them (even if it's a normal sneeze due to spring's hay fever attack).

In relation to sneezing, it would really frustrate a Sim during a chess game if their opponent deliberately sneezes on their pieces, forcing the Sim to deal with their now dirty pieces or forfeit out of disgust. Mean Sims would more likely try to cheat in this method. This idea is actually an inspiration from a Scorpion episode a few weeks ago. :P

Then, speaking of hay fever, what about if a Sim has to experience most non-fatal allergic reactions? Hay fever especially might result in a cold if bad enough. This would mean comfort, energy, maybe even fun motives taking extra hits. I'm suggesting fun because no one likes to deal with these problems.

Very sloppy Sims always appear at a community lot with tanked hygiene, grossing out others. They won't care how low it is and will stay until a different motive is nearly nil as normal. I would find this more amusing than annoying because of the Sims' hilarious reactions over stinky people.
Mad Poster
#56 Old 30th Mar 2017 at 9:18 AM
If clothing ever wore out and needed to be replaced.
If pets could get sick. They can't, can they? I don't just mean throwing up 'cause someone tossed them in the air; I mean equivalents to cold/flu/etc.
If there were other "vermin" besides roaches: ants, bedbugs, mice, rats, termites, moths (the kind that eat clothes), fleas, etc.
If you could lose/break cellphones.
If books wore out and fell apart.
If water damage was a thing.
If sim's hair constantly grew and needed to be cut.
If a broken computer required sending it away for 2 weeks. (And then they sent it back still broken, but charged you anyway.)
Mad Poster
#57 Old 30th Mar 2017 at 10:37 AM
That reminds me it's time for my periodic reminder. Do NOT buy a computer from Amazon. Ever. In fact, since they seem to have removed the option to actually call and talk to a person, don't shop there at all.

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Mad Poster
#58 Old 30th Mar 2017 at 11:31 AM
But their returns are pretty good.

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Mad Poster
#59 Old 30th Mar 2017 at 2:17 PM
If toddlers and babies weren't immunte to deaths--- Actually, which I might earn a lot of "disagrees" on this comment, that would probably be cool cuz it is a nice realism touch.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#60 Old 30th Mar 2017 at 3:00 PM
Disagreeing with which one ?
The fact that it would actually be annoying if they weren't immune? Or the fact that it would probably be cool because it adds a touch of realism?

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Mad Poster
#61 Old 30th Mar 2017 at 4:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CaliBrat
If you were inclined to make your female sims suffer as you do .. Period Mod .... lol

Since there is a mod for that, How annoying would it be if a pregnant sims had one for weeks after delivery.

Quote: Originally posted by smorbie1
That reminds me it's time for myeriodic reminder. Do NOT buy a computer from Amazon. Ever. In fact, since they seem to have removed the option to actually call and talk to a person, don't shop there at all.
p

There are 4 computers in my home that came from amazon (2 desktop, my daughters laptop, and my laptop). I shop from amazon all the time.
Mad Poster
#62 Old 30th Mar 2017 at 4:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosebine
Disagreeing with which one ?
The fact that it would actually be annoying if they weren't immune? Or the fact that it would probably be cool because it adds a touch of realism?

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#63 Old 30th Mar 2017 at 5:36 PM

Forum Resident
#64 Old 30th Mar 2017 at 6:52 PM
...if your sim needs experience for an entry level job...
or is that too below the belt? =))
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#65 Old 30th Mar 2017 at 7:14 PM
Whatever that would actually annoy you if it was in the game, fit!
I would personally love this requirement.

Mad Poster
#66 Old 30th Mar 2017 at 8:43 PM
If pens ran out of ink and pencils went dull and needed to be sharpened.
If sims grew hair on their legs that they found uncomfortable but shaving all it off took actual hours. (And then they'd cut themselves on the backs of their knees or wherever.)
Hangnails.
Paper cuts.
If random keys on the computer just didn't work sometimes.
If the mouse randomly stopped working sometimes, and then started working, and then stopped again, and then started again...
Mad Poster
#67 Old 30th Mar 2017 at 8:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Debby1957
Since there is a mod for that, How annoying would it be if a pregnant sims had one for weeks after delivery.

p

There are 4 computers in my home that came from amazon (2 desktop, my daughters laptop, and my laptop). I shop from amazon all the time.

Yeah well their's one in my house that's been a tribulation since the cursed day it arrived on my doorstep. Turns out the vendor from whom they acquired it, refused to honor their returns policy. Shortly after I kicked up so much sand over this horrendous abomination, Amazon took their customer service number off their website.

They've seen the last of my money. But, I'm glad your experience has been positive.

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Lab Assistant
#68 Old 30th Mar 2017 at 9:44 PM
If they actually had to apply for university and not just go there.
Allthough I play Sims for more than 10 years I still don't understand the American college system as it differs so much from what I'm experincing now.
Mad Poster
#69 Old 30th Mar 2017 at 9:46 PM
If cars needed gas and maintenance or they broke down. Doubly so if cars had random chances of being "lemons," i.e., cars that broke down despite being properly maintained.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Link Ninja
#70 Old 30th Mar 2017 at 10:09 PM
Despite there being a law career it would be annoying for sims to have Lawsuits filed against them. Thank goodness sims cannot file lawsuits though IF THEY COULD, Mrs Crupplebottom would be needing a lawyer, so would the streaker....

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Mad Poster
#71 Old 30th Mar 2017 at 10:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Charmful
Thank goodness sims cannot file lawsuits though IF THEY COULD, Mrs Crupplebottom would be needing a lawyer, so would the streaker....

And the vampires...and the pollination technicians!!!
Instructor
#72 Old 30th Mar 2017 at 11:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Katerina Petrova
If they actually had to apply for university and not just go there.
Allthough I play Sims for more than 10 years I still don't understand the American college system as it differs so much from what I'm experincing now.

Speaking of this, if you were required to pay thousands of dollars to attend each year. And the board keeps voting to raise the price every few years.
And if you chose a science related major, good luck, you now need to spend a minimum of $300 on 'required' textbooks...on the other hand, someone would
just mod that so that sims could sell their own books to each (OFB) or donate it to the school library or something.

Also, in a way political involvement. Oh, you wanted to build a nightclub for vampires in the neighborhood and maybe a bowling alley or a bar or airport (neighborhood deco - maybe offers discounts on vacations if your hood has it)? Perhaps you wanted the option to place the bubble blower (cough hookahcough ) to not be greyed out in buy mode? Another apartment to combat the latest string of new births or graduates and rising rents? Too bad, your sims have voted against that. And if your sim in the political career allows it or is caught using the bubble blower, it'll tank their reputation and if a serious offense occurs, it may cause a...demotion (impeachment). Also, they'll [sims in general] probably blame you for the Unsavory Charlatan still being out of jail, at least if your sim is around level 9 of the Law Enforcement career.

Adding to that, actually needing funds to run a city. Imagine if they voted to cut funding for the arts in schools and eventually it starts to show because most sims from that neighborhood had low creativity skill.
That would also probably limit the amount and size of the community lots your neighborhood is made of and each lot approved of only gets a a set number of funds to create the lot. Also how long it would take before a city could afford a fire department and a police department. Not to mention a university.

Also, natural disasters. Imagine starting a new sim and spending all/most of your $20,000 aannnnd an earthquake happens. Or maybe a tornado started and your sim was able to find safe place, but your new house...

Also, sims with bad/zero cooking skills are good at starting fires. What if your new neighbor was an incompetent cook and the fire quickly spread from their lot, to yours?

I actually kind of want to see that now. I'll just start a BACC. I think I got off track here but I'm not quite sure.

Quote: Originally posted by Rosawyn
And the vampires...and the pollination technicians!!!

Sims sometimes appear to break the 4th wall and stare at us, so I'm pretty sure they'll try to sue the simmer. Or start a cult or religion. Maybe a little of this, a little of that.
Mad Poster
#73 Old 31st Mar 2017 at 12:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by miriamnz
Annoying:

Calling up a service would entail a sim spending an hour or so on hold - while also being forced to listen to muzak with their motive bars precipitously plummeting.

Edit: Actually no - maybe this would be amusing.

Or, finally when getting past 100 phones menus, the customer service rep didn't really speak the language all that well and did so with a very heavy accent so that the sim couldn't understand him. The sim would stomp around, yell, "Shoo Flee!" a bunch of times and throw the phone.

Mad Poster
#74 Old 31st Mar 2017 at 2:48 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CaliBrat

Nuh uh. DX

Quote: Originally posted by kamoodle5
It'd be annoying if there was a very neat Sim freaking out over germs. This would mean everything at the house as to be spotless and without any contagious bugs at all. If at a community lot, they would purposely clean every appliance available before daring to use it. They would also go into hysteria or even collapse if another Sim sneezes on them (even if it's a normal sneeze due to spring's hay fever attack).

There is the fear of using a public toilet. XD And neat sims will sometimes go and clean them.

What about the odious sims who actually fart in people's faces. That should send a neat sim into aspiration failure. XD

Quote: Originally posted by Rosawyn
If sims grew hair on their legs that they found uncomfortable but shaving all it off took actual hours. (And then they'd cut themselves on the backs of their knees or wherever.)

But hairy legs aren't uncomfortable in RL. It's just because fashion says you have to shave it off.
Mad Poster
#75 Old 31st Mar 2017 at 3:19 AM
Having to take Drivers Ed.
Getting a Driver's license or ID
Paying for car insurance, life insurance, health insurance and house insurance
Page 3 of 6