Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#26 Old 17th Apr 2017 at 10:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ihatemandatoryregister
When a Sim dies of old age, the insurance company pays out a token amount to family and friends. But, if they lived alone, what happened to the rest of the money? Did the Grim Reaper take it? Gravestone expenses?

Well, that one's easy. We're talking about insurance companies here. They keep the money, of course.
Quote: Originally posted by yavannatw
Why can't a Sim put an unwanted child up for adoption (as you can with pets) rather than have to neglect it to be taken away?

In many places, you can't just put a child up for adoption just because you don't want it. That's a pretty revolting thing to do if you think about it.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#27 Old 17th Apr 2017 at 12:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by maxon
In many places, you can't just put a child up for adoption just because you don't want it. That's a pretty revolting thing to do if you think about it.

Eh? Isn't not wanting the child the whole reason for adoption? If they can't do it then what are they going to do, just abandon the child ...
Scholar
#28 Old 17th Apr 2017 at 12:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
Eh? Isn't not wanting the child the whole reason for adoption? If they can't do it then what are they going to do, just abandon the child ...

Yes, it’s better to put them up for adoption than neglect them. Not everyone should be a parent. Of course, people who don’t want to be parents and/or wouldn’t be good parents if they happened to be so should do everything to prevent having children, but sadly that doesn’t happen and there are plenty of parents who should’ve never become them.

“Secret is only a secret when it is unspoken to another.”
Simblr
My profile on the official forums
Lab Assistant
#29 Old 17th Apr 2017 at 1:09 PM
Why does a therapist fly in free of charge if a Sim needs it? Why is SimNation's medical system better than America's?
Theorist
#30 Old 17th Apr 2017 at 1:25 PM

Well it's not the whole reason, sometimes the parent(s) want the child but simply aren't capable of properly taking care of it for whatever reason, but yes not wanting the child is a reason as well, I agree.
And it is better than either abandoning it or keeping it around because they have to and neglecting or abusing it terribly.

Of course game mechanic wise, the whole reason to give up a Sim child would be because the player doesn't want it anymore. Which is not revolting because it's a Sim child and Sims are parameters, pixels and polygons, not actual living creatures.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#31 Old 17th Apr 2017 at 3:30 PM

I guess I'm thinking of it from the child's point of view - being 'got rid of' because you're unwanted is pretty unpleasant and, yes, parents who do that - for that reason - are revolting. There are plenty of reasons why someone has to give a child up to adoption but that particular one really is a pretty nasty reason to do so. And in many countries, parents are expected to care for a child if they brought it into the world. I know the reality is different but being a parent is a responsible thing.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
Mad Poster
#32 Old 17th Apr 2017 at 3:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by BalanceMyth
Why does a therapist fly in free of charge if a Sim needs it? Why is SimNation's medical system better than America's?

Ok I see..so flying therapists is your idea of better medic system huh..interesting.
I'd pay to see that in my country.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Scholar
#33 Old 17th Apr 2017 at 3:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by maxon
I guess I'm thinking of it from the child's point of view - being 'got rid of' because you're unwanted is pretty unpleasant and, yes, parents who do that - for that reason - are revolting. There are plenty of reasons why someone has to give a child up to adoption but that particular one really is a pretty nasty reason to do so. And in many countries, parents are expected to care for a child if they brought it into the world. I know the reality is different but being a parent is a responsible thing.

Well if my biological parents didn’t want me and treated me badly, I’d prefer either to not be born at all, or have loving parents that adopted me. Forcing people who don’t want to be parents can’t do anything good for their child, and them deciding to put that child up for adoption is actually the best they can do after that child is born.

“Secret is only a secret when it is unspoken to another.”
Simblr
My profile on the official forums
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#34 Old 17th Apr 2017 at 3:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Voeille
Well if my biological parents didn’t want me and treated me badly, I’d prefer either to not be born at all, or have loving parents that adopted me. Forcing people who don’t want to be parents can’t do anything good for their child, and them deciding to put that child up for adoption is actually the best they can do after that child is born.

That's not what I'm saying.

Instructor
#35 Old 17th Apr 2017 at 3:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosebine
Ok I see..so flying therapists is your idea of better medic system huh..interesting.

Think you'll find flying doctors in Australia

Just call me William, definitely not Who-Ward
Mad Poster
#36 Old 17th Apr 2017 at 4:10 PM
By the way..it is always better for a child, to be raised by parents who actually want then, will care for them. So in all cases, yes..putting a child for adoption is better than holding on to them, and neglecting them. But it won't change the fact that..for a child, being rejected by the first 2 persons who were supposed to love you and care for you is the worst feeling ever. It totally scarps your self-confidence, your emotional security. (which is kind of primordial in becoming a healthy adult) You end up traumatized for life..
Everyone is right.

But..it's Sims we're talking about..and we drown them, burn them alive..starve them to death so ya know?...

Mad Poster
#37 Old 17th Apr 2017 at 4:11 PM

He's a hallucination like the social bunnies. That's why his patient is the only one who can see him.
Mad Poster
#38 Old 17th Apr 2017 at 4:30 PM

If you think healthcare is free, it's not so. It's hardly paid from our taxes. You just don't see it when going visit a therapist "for free"
https://www.workinestonia.com/livin...hcare-overview/
Field Researcher
#39 Old 17th Apr 2017 at 4:30 PM
Why can they set their stove on fire by boiling water (or cooking/baking anything else) but only furniture burns, never the house?

Why can they make friends by repeatedly giving someone a backrub they met an hour ago?

Why do children get taken away for getting to hot by jumping on the bed?
Mad Poster
#40 Old 17th Apr 2017 at 4:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by velvetina
How can sims use the toilet without taking their pants off?

That would be equalanat to asking "how can sims change their clothes by a second?". Since it is only one part of their clothes, only pants, so they change their pants but without wonder-woman-spin, because they're only changings pants.

On the other hand, I just remember that they still wear the pants while sitting, If you pay attention to their censored pixels. Probably their excrement differ from ours, since they appear to phase through matter and only the toilet can "grab" a hold of it. Hence why sims use only toilets to do their nature call.

Oddly enough, sims cannot talk to themselves when their social is on critical rate, but instead a bunny pops up. Maybe their concept of 'Tulpa/Egrogere' differers.
Mad Poster
#41 Old 17th Apr 2017 at 4:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Annaminna
If you think healthcare is free, it's not so. It's hardly paid from our taxes. You just don't see it when going visit a therapist "for free"
https://www.workinestonia.com/livin...hcare-overview/

In the sims it is free..hence the, it is better than America.

Mad Poster
#42 Old 17th Apr 2017 at 4:54 PM
Never mind the teddy bears. Have you ever had a sim who couldn't go to work because the newspaper delivery left a magazine in front of the door. Seriously, you don't even have to lift your leg, just slog right through it.

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Mad Poster
#43 Old 17th Apr 2017 at 4:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Simonut
It's a game it's a game and if the creators of the Sims made interactions and animations that is kind of silly.
And since the game seem to be basic off of the real world we live in, then maybe we in the real world are just plain off our rocket. ( crazy ) So maybe the Sims creators at Maxis are just plain crazy, so our Sims are silly crazy.

You no fun! We should give rational explanations based of the system that works in the game, not by outside source who created (imo). Let's play along please, ok?
Mad Poster
#44 Old 17th Apr 2017 at 5:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kanzen
why are the pools so deep?! how come all the sims just knoooow how to swim?!

I guess that's the law: pools shouldn't be build deeper or shallower than how it is, otherwise it would be illegal And how they can swim... no idea. Perhaps once a person learns how to swim, his/her genes than carries over to generations and thus, why, everyone knows automaticly how to swim. Adom&Eve self-taught themselves or eath other, maybe god just gifted them with the ability to do so?; Same probably goes for the Evolution theory.
Mad Poster
#45 Old 17th Apr 2017 at 5:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by yavannatw
Why can't a Sim put an unwanted child up for adoption (as you can with pets) rather than have to neglect it to be taken away?

This... Especally with new borns babies. I get why you can't do so on tots and children, because that would be just cruel for those juniors to witness, but babies? They would simple not care and would get used to the new guardians/parents.
Mad Poster
#46 Old 17th Apr 2017 at 5:08 PM
The mysterious sim shoes.

Thinking of it when sim goes out to splash in the puddles and then comes in and floor stays clean and dry.
Oh, and they manage to swim and sleep in flip-flops without losing them...
Mad Poster
#47 Old 17th Apr 2017 at 5:17 PM
Probably they're shoes are highly advange than irl, as they're just mechanical/technical device wear. Flip-flops are very tight I would imagine
Mad Poster
#48 Old 17th Apr 2017 at 6:29 PM
I've always been confused by the fact that after a major physical fight, neither of the pixels will look as though they've been bruised, mussed or even bloodied. All that dust and nothing to show for it but really hurt feelings, and perhaps enemy status.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Theorist
#49 Old 17th Apr 2017 at 6:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Voeille
There was a mention of it in a different thread not so long ago, but I think it’s fitting here – why did Maxis set sims’ bladders to yellow when you start the game, for party guests, average visitors and walkbies? I really don’t get it. Is it really fun for them to watch sims swarm the bathroom or have an accident on themselves? That just doesn’t make sense. It’s good that there is a mod to stop that because it’s nothing other than an annoyance.

Read the box, see right there where it says 'Crude Humor'? Now picture a bunch of guys and gals sitting around saying "you know what would be funny?", then they would all rotfl and add their funniness to Sims. The the thing is, they didn't bother to explain what the heck they were thinking (smoking) to the box info. (:

When you forgive, you heal. When you let go, you grow.
Lab Assistant
#50 Old 17th Apr 2017 at 7:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosebine

Bien sûr!! Flying therapists are the future! Universal health care is so basic (even though us Americans don't have the luxury of universal health care ).
Page 2 of 5