Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Apr 2017 at 11:20 PM
Default Making a default replacement (global I believe?)
I have been searching the forums most of the day (as work permitted), and didn't find the solution to my question. I want to have pure grey sidewalks in every lot, on every street, in every 'hood. How would I go about locating the brownish-grey default that's currently in use, and how would I replace it? Even better, has someone already created/shared this? The search for the object of my desire (ha!) and the search for how to create it if it doesn't exist, have so far yielded nothing. I want my sidewalks to match the default grey concrete/cement driveway.

Thanks in advance! And if this question/.request belongs elsewhere, please direct me there!

goderguy

goderguy
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 19th Apr 2017 at 10:45 PM
You can only change the whole thing...the road pieces. Simply editing the sidewalk from them, can be done though. but there are a buttload of road textures..
You'd open the finder tab in SimPE, and look for road. Then you would extract the txtr, files you wish to edit, all of them..then all their respective Lifo files. You would then edit the part you want to edit on them. Once done, you would create a new package and add them all in.
You then have a default road texture replacement.
There is dirt road, concrete road and lotskirt road. My guess is lotskirt is actually what is attached to a lot.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#3 Old 19th Apr 2017 at 10:53 PM
Instructor
Original Poster
#4 Old 19th Apr 2017 at 11:13 PM
Always has to be more difficult that it would seem it needs to be... Thanks for the advice. HugeLunatic, I do have your recolored driveway and it's a great solution. I just prefer pure grey vs brownish grey. But given all that is involved, I may stick with the current state of things.

goderguy