Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Apr 2017 at 12:46 AM
Default Nightlife Coffin Hider crashing lots with coffins already placed.
I recently uploaded a mod that hides the Nightlife Coffin from the buy mode menu, and there is one problem, loading a lot that had a coffin placed prior to installing the mod results in the game crashing, removing the mod fixes this.

With that being said, I have been informed that this needs to be fixed before the mod is uploaded as hider mods shouldn't do this. Does anyone know how to fix this?

I used this tutorial to create the mod. The mod is attached to this post.

Thank you in advanced, God Bless.
Attached files:
File Type: zip  coffinhider.zip (231 Bytes, 10 downloads) - View custom content
Advertisement
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#2 Old 19th Apr 2017 at 1:47 AM Last edited by maxon : 19th Apr 2017 at 1:57 AM.
You seem to have zero'd out everything in the Raw Data tab. As it's just the OBJD that's been altered, that's the only thing I can think of. As HugeLunatic points out on that thread, that's unnecessary. You're only hiding it from the catalolgue, so you really only need to zero out the catalogue sorting section (3rd section in Raw Data).

I guess it's either that or you made a mistake when you cloned it and then searched the objects.package - which seems possible given that that tutorial seems to take a number of unnecessary steps - why search for the OBJD in the objects.package file when you can just extract it from the cloned object you already have? It's making a rather complex job of what is actually a rather easy process. When I do something like that, I just clone the object then delete everything in the file except the OBJD - then edit that. Job done.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#3 Old 20th Apr 2017 at 3:01 PM
The zero-ing of all fields in the OBJD is what is causing it to crash on lots with it already placed. Only the catalog sort tab needs to have all things unchecked.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#4 Old 20th Apr 2017 at 9:38 PM
Yeah I thought so too - I think the OBJD sets flags or enthusiasms or attractions or something that's active anyway.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc