Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Apr 2017 at 5:43 PM
Default Changing what a item is categorized as?
Ive been unsuccessful in finding a full body freckles that are not in the skin details section or can be overlayed with an other item is skin details. So i was wondering if it was possible to edit one (maybe with sim studios?) and change it to allow overlay or change its category (with permission of the original creator). Is this possible? Are there any guides on how to do it?
Advertisement
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#2 Old 21st Apr 2017 at 9:29 PM
You can't change whether it can be layered, but you can change the BodyType in s4pe, CAS Tools, or Sims 4 Studio. You could try recategorizing it as a different kind of skin details like a mole or skin crease, or as a tattoo.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Visit my blogs for other Sims content:
Online Sims - general mods for Sims 3
Offline Sims - adult mods for Sims 3 and Sims 4
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 22nd Apr 2017 at 3:47 PM
I have downloaded all three programs and have tried to change the skin details but i cannot find the option to do that on any of them. Any chance there's some kind of thread somewhere detailing how to do this?
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#4 Old 23rd Apr 2017 at 12:23 AM Last edited by CmarNYC : 23rd Apr 2017 at 12:33 AM.
In CAS Tools, you go to the Clone Package Editor tab, select your package, then in the General CAS Part Properties tab click on the dropdown for Part Type and select the type you want. Then at the bottom of the window click on the Commit Changes button and either Save or save as a new package.

In s4pe, click File, Open, and select your package. At the bottom of the window make sure both Names and Tags have check marks next to them. Click on a CASP to select it. Click the Grid button.

In the Grid window that pops up, find the BodyType, click the dropdown to get the list, and select the type you want. Click the Commit button.

In s4pe you'll have to make this change for every CASP in the package, then save the package.

I don't use Sims 4 Studio so I can't help you with that one, but here's a tutorial showing how to find the option, which is called Outfit Type: http://sims4studio.com/thread/684/c...dy-category-top
Screenshots

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Field Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 24th Apr 2017 at 5:06 PM
Oh thank you! I dont know how i couldnt see these options right in front of my face! I appreciate you taking the time to show me how to do this. :lovestruc
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#6 Old 24th Apr 2017 at 10:25 PM
You're very welcome!