Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Apr 2017 at 6:03 AM
Road glitch?
Can anyone help me fix this, So i downloaded Isla Paradiso road texture but the sidewalk seems to be transparent or something you can see the grass on the road?
Advertisement
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
#2 Old 22nd Apr 2017 at 10:50 AM
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 22nd Apr 2017 at 8:18 PM
Anyone???
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 22nd Apr 2017 at 11:56 PM
I wish this was in the general section nobody is gonna see this!
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
#5 Old 23rd Apr 2017 at 12:26 AM
They will! It just takes a few hours for someone to see the thread! I mean it's Saturday after all, you never know if someone's taking hours till they finally got to sit down after shopping for hours and finally logged in! ^- ~ And then we have timezones... The general forums aren't exactly meant for CC-related question and I'm not sure you'll get the answer you deserve it it happened to be in the general forums >.<
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 23rd Apr 2017 at 3:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Greenplumbbob
They will! It just takes a few hours for someone to see the thread! I mean it's Saturday after all, you never know if someone's taking hours till they finally got to sit down after shopping for hours and finally logged in! ^- ~ And then we have timezones... The general forums aren't exactly meant for CC-related question and I'm not sure you'll get the answer you deserve it it happened to be in the general forums >.<

I just want a respond before the week starts
dodgy builder
#7 Old 23rd Apr 2017 at 10:34 AM
Your link is still visible in the main forums, that's how I arrived here actually. This forum can be subscribed to, the main forum can't. They will be here later. This forum is where you will find the tutorials. I'm struggling with this problem myself at the moment, as well as recoloring a bridge. I googled for the right tutorial and as usual it's on this site, it's just easier to google for it. Perhaps it will help you to. It's a texture resource really: http://modthesims.info/showthread.p...5#startcomments

click on the red circles in your caw and right click on the active road. What does your road look like?

I'm trying to get a roadtexture without the blurry tracks in the middle, and the resource I linked to seems to provide that, now I have to put them in the right spot.
Screenshots
Top Secret Researcher
#8 Old 23rd Apr 2017 at 10:57 AM Last edited by Vincent T. : 23rd Apr 2017 at 11:05 AM. Reason: Now for asphalt road.
This is actually the way the asphalt street in IP looks like. If it looks different in the world it's because terrain paint was used to make it look better.

So you can either use terrain paint to change the look, or you change the opacity of the sidewalk:

In this example I used the opacity file of the cobblestone road to avoid the blurring of the sidewalk edges. But you can use any other opacity file that is all white. Or even leave it out alltogether.
Screenshots
dodgy builder
#9 Old 23rd Apr 2017 at 11:30 AM Last edited by Volvenom : 23rd Apr 2017 at 11:48 AM.
I managed to fix mine. I just made a photofilter with a color for my world in Photoshop to make it blend in more.

Perhaps I would like a tad bit darker sidewalk texture, but I'll give it some thought.

I just used the opacity map supplied by Elmigo in the resource files I linked to.
Screenshots
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#10 Old 24th Apr 2017 at 2:29 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Vincent T.
This is actually the way the asphalt street in IP looks like. If it looks different in the world it's because terrain paint was used to make it look better.

So you can either use terrain paint to change the look, or you change the opacity of the sidewalk:

In this example I used the opacity file of the cobblestone road to avoid the blurring of the sidewalk edges. But you can use any other opacity file that is all white. Or even leave it out alltogether.

Hmm Ill give that a go, I dont know what terrian paint they use!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#11 Old 24th Apr 2017 at 2:34 AM
Ok, It works! Good thing im just modeling where i live cause this would be a pain to terrain a lot of streets with this!