Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Apr 2017 at 4:07 AM Last edited by RibbonKitten : 24th Apr 2017 at 8:49 PM.
Default A few beginner questions..
I am editing a world (Here) for personal use, rather than making one from scratch. Thank you both who helped with my bridge question But I have a few more questions.

1. How can I transfer lots with CC from an already existing world to this world? Like a residential lot with tons of CC to a lot of the same size to this Create a world file?

2. How do I install CC into CAW? I hear it's complicated compared to installing CC into Sims 3 itself.

3. How do you move an existing family into this new world after it is completed? Like with no changes or things missing from them at all?

4. How would I copy over any kind of non-residential lot over?

5. Is there anything I should be careful about with CAW? I don't feel confident in making a world from scratch yet, since I hear all of the things that can go wrong.

I would like to have as much done as possible before I move over my sims to this new world, since from what I have found it seems really complicated to modify a world afterwards. And sorry if some of this might have been asked before, I keep finding so many different answers and some of those answers have cons that others don't. I just want everything to go smoothly with this project. And this world is pretty close to what I was imagining anyway. Thank you!
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 24th Apr 2017 at 7:05 AM
1. Save those lots to the bin. When you use CAW you have a button "Edit in game" in the tools bar. This loads a (somewhat reduced) game which allows you to place lots from the bin like in Edit town mode. (The "game" starts as if you had an active family - but don't try to actually play anything. Just hit the edit town button as you would in game). CAW framework must be set up properly for the cc to show up (see 2.)

2. Setting up the CAW framework:
Here is a tutorial how to set up your CAW framework. It basically works like your Mods framework, just in other places:
http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title...p:CAW_Framework
I use the second option (a symbolic link) because this makes sure that you don't forget to copy anything to the caw framework - caw will just use your mods framework.
More details for option one: http://modthesims.info/t/481967

3. Populating a world needs the help of mods. Google is your friend, really Here is a tutorial: http://simswiki.info/wiki.php%3Ftit...ting_CAW_Worlds
This method got it's restrictions though, but I wouldn't know of any other. Also, this needs to be done as very last step before export (only hit rebuild routing afterwards, nothing else).

4. Same as 1.

5. Basics in CAW: rebuild the routing data often, at least once before export. You should double check routing by showing the routing grid and look for unconnected dots or long strings of connected single dots. Those are the spots where sims will get stuck. Each dot should be connected to at least 2 other dots - and the more the better!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 24th Apr 2017 at 8:48 PM
Thank you so much!
Top Secret Researcher
#4 Old 24th Apr 2017 at 10:53 PM
You're welcome Let me know if you have more questions. Here is avery good tutorial on routing by armiel, by the way.