Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Theorist
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Apr 2017 at 3:16 PM
Default Share your wisdom about diving lots with me, please...
Hello, hopefully this goes into the right forum. I've thought about creating this topic in the Building forum, but it's not really about building lots, it's about placing them in the world.

I've run into issues with functioning diving lots. For starters, I've simply copied four diving lots from Island Paradiso. First try, placing them in Bridgeport, kept crashing my game. I have no idea why, probably too many lots or too many sims in Bridgeport. On my second try I decided to place diving lots into a brand new iteraction of Monte Vista: they placed well, but were inoperable. Sims couldn't get access to the lots: they'd swim right up to the lot but failed to cross into it, thus no scuba diving was possible, once again.

I hoped for someone to give me advice on such issues. Bridgeport I did give up on already, I can't fathom what the problem with it is, but maybe with Monte Vista? Why would diving lots be inoperable? My guess is wrong height (they're a tiny tiny bit lower than terrain underwater). But how do I make the height right?

Surely there's wisdom about diving lots that people have accumulated and can share
Advertisement
dodgy builder
#2 Old 24th Apr 2017 at 3:32 PM
You should try worlds made after Island paradiso was released. I don't really remember when diving was introduced, but I'm fairly sure Bridgeport and Monte Vista is pre that date. They didn't update old worlds that much.

If you are trying to do this in caw, making your own worlds is really the safest option.

Just to write down some of my experience. You need good depth or they might end up swimming too high and I remember there are different difficulty levels for the lots. It has to do with the buey, is that the right spelling?
Scholar
#3 Old 25th Apr 2017 at 5:07 AM
As Volvenom said, the water has to be fairly deep to make a successful dive lot. I also agree that it is best to make your own dive lots. I've had no success even trying to replace a dive lot from the bin back into the same world / neighborhood, much less copying a dive lot from one world to another. I don't know how you'd get the terrain to match up. This is a good tutorial for making your own dive lots: https://simsvip.com/sims-3-island-p...ting-dive-lots/. This one has a list of worlds/neighborhoods with oceans deep enough to have dive lots plus a tutorial: http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/Game_gui...g_a_diving_area. (Although I've read that people have been successful placing dive lots in Dragon Valley, Aurora Skies - I think - and Barnacle Bay.) According to what I've read, the sea level of Island Paradise is 27 and someone made a dive lot that worked with a sea level of 20. Again, I read that the deepest water you can make in CAW is 44. You can open a world in CAW and make the water deeper (I did this with Riverview Lite), but it takes quite a bit of work. (EA world CAW files here: https://cawster.wordpress.com/2012/08/16/hello-world/.) Another thing you may want to consider with water / ocean depth is that the kraken seems to be much more likely to appear / attack in deeper water, if that's important to you. Good luck with your project!