Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Apr 2017 at 10:43 PM
Default Detecting Sim moving to the bin
Is there anyway to detect when a Sim gets moved out of a house into the bin?

My latest mod puts a token into the Sim's inventory to flag if they are taking leave for their next working day, and as moving a Sim in and out of the bin resets the clock (and possibly the day) I should probably delete the token as they move out/in

TIA

W

Just call me William, definitely not Who-Ward
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 25th Apr 2017 at 7:21 AM
You probably can't detect the actual move as that's a 'generic sim call' (handled by the game's executable) but all default move in/out use the Inheritance Controller (group 0x7F859641) so you could handle it from there which will work for all default moves. (see the global 0x02A2 'Move Out - Normal')

To detect a neighbour that's in the bin, it's any neighbour with a family number below the reserved min (constant 0x013A:0x04) and greater than zero that passes the primitive "Neighbour in stack object (house number) == Literal 0x0000"
Instructor
Original Poster
#3 Old 25th Apr 2017 at 8:49 AM
Thanks muchly.

Another mod to add the credit - "Chris Hatch @MTS for many valuable insights into the weird and whacky world of BHAV coding." to

Of course it's the Inheritance Controller ... as if anyone would expect that to handle anything other than death and taxes!

Just call me William, definitely not Who-Ward