Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Apr 2017 at 4:42 AM
Default GUID change affect recolors or not ?
First of all, I am so sorry if this isn't the right place, please move it to the correct forum if needed. I was confused as to where to put it.

Now, recently, I have downloaded some CC, that I really, really like. They did have GUID conflicts with my old CC, so, seeing that it is for personal use only, I cloned the new CC and gave it a new GUID. No problems so far. Now, my question is, that now that I have cloned the mesh, what will happen to the recolors ? Will they be affected ? If so, then how can I fix that ? Is there any way to link a recolor to a specific meh or anything ? Or am I just over-thinking stuff and my recolors won't be affected at all ?

Thanks in advance to anyone who reads/replies.
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 25th Apr 2017 at 7:00 AM
Recolours do link to an item by GUID, if you change the GUID in the OBJD then you must also change the GUID in the MMAT. If the MMATs are in the same package as the OBJD then using the Update button instead of Commit button when changing the GUID will update the MMATs for you.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 25th Apr 2017 at 7:01 AM Last edited by pannisim : 25th Apr 2017 at 7:08 AM. Reason: typo
Thank you, that is helpful. How do I know if the MMATs are in the same package ? Sorry if I sound like an idiot. I don't do these things, usually.
Instructor
#4 Old 25th Apr 2017 at 3:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by pannisim
Thank you, that is helpful. How do I know if the MMATs are in the same package ? Sorry if I sound like an idiot. I don't do these things, usually.

In the resource tree window of SimPE, there will be an entry called "Material Override (MMAT)", usually just below "Material Definition (TXMT)." Among other things, these MMAT files link the textures to GUIDs. When you change the GUID of an object, if you tick the "update all MMATs" box and click on the update button, SimPE will change the GUIDs in the MMAT files to match your new value. This saves you the headache of editing each MMAT file separately. [NOTE: if you have a multi-tile object(i.e., there are more than one OBJD files), you can change the GUIDs on each tile, but do the MMAT update ONLY on the master tile. Click "commit" on the other tiles but NOT the update.]

When you're dealing with a recolor package, it is slightly different: The recolor package won't have an OBJD, but only the MMAT, TXMT, and TXTR. [USUALLY -I'm sure there are probably exceptions.] Since you can't update the MMAT with the OBJD, you must edit the GUID reference inside each MMAT to match the new GUID you assigned to the object package.
A workaround to this is to just make or remake the recolor from the object package after you have changed the GUID. That way, the recolor should adopt the correct GUID on its own.

The main thing to know is that you want the GUID in the MMAT of your recolor package to match the main GUID from the object package.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 26th Apr 2017 at 3:53 AM
Thank you for the help, and the quick response.