Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Apr 2017 at 6:04 AM Last edited by d_dgjdhh : 6th May 2017 at 4:03 AM.
Default Possibility of Shiny/Reflective Face Paint/Mask?
Hi there. I would like to know if there's a tutorial specifically to make a face mask reflective/shiny using EnvCubes. I've followed tutorials for editing the TXMT on objects, and received favorable results. I've also had success with Hair and Body recolors....but for some reason, the face paints/mask on a Sim's face doesn't want to cooperate. Is there a special set of instructions to go through in order to get a shiny/reflective face?

EDIT: Here's an example of where I am at this project, & am currently stuck with this result:

Check out my latest version of Superman's Classic Uniform for The Sims 2.
See what images I have posted on DeviantArt as well related to The Sims 2 and designs.
Also check out My Website to see my superhero uniform creations for The Sims 2. THANKS!!!
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 13th Jun 2018 at 5:43 AM
I not a hardcore SimPE person but would the 'Knight Helmet' in 'Open For Business' have that reflection / shiny thing. I will use that as some reference, I think you just need to copy that material thing that allows that shiny feature to Iceman. By the way, I love it. It looks so cool
Scholar
Original Poster
#3 Old 13th Jun 2018 at 6:25 AM Last edited by d_dgjdhh : 13th Jun 2018 at 6:39 AM.
Thanks for the comment.

Unfortunately the Iceman project has been put aside. I wasn't able to achieve the effect on the face. I was able to create some fake face mask to use as the shiny object, but the face mask was limited to the sculpt of the face, rather than varied whatever type of faces are made. I found that the face doesn't have joints to it. There wasn't a possibility of connecting the vertices to areas of a Sim's face to make the mask adjust to whatever face a person creates. Also, the neck connecting the Sim's body and head is programmed and not readily adjustable, and was causing this overlapping when the Sim twists their head certain ways:

Anyway, for posterity purposes, here's a test video of what I achieved before stopping this project:

Along with a shot of adjusting the mask at one point, where the shading was almost consistent. You could still see the outlines of the mask, and would have required changing the UV Mapping, but then I got lazy and stopped the project:

Screenshots

See what images I have posted on DeviantArt as well related to The Sims 2 and designs.
Also check out My Website to see my superhero uniform creations for The Sims 2. THANKS!!!
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 13th Jun 2018 at 4:05 PM
@d_dgjdhh The non-reflection version still looks ice-y, I would of try to upload it if I was you, reflection feature could be made at somepoint
Scholar
Original Poster
#5 Old 26th Jul 2020 at 7:12 AM
Hi,

Although this has been a bump of 25 months, I've officially added this Iceman project up for download on ModTheSims HERE.

If anyone wants to tackle this shiny/reflective skin issue, please do so.

It looks like shiny hair is not base-game compatible.