Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th Apr 2017 at 9:18 AM
Default Create invisible head and eyes
I have some clothes which include a kind of "head" (a bit like this mod here, which uses a hair mesh as head: http://www.modthesims.info/d/213719)
What I don't know is how to make the original head and eyes invisible, so they don't stick out the clothing mesh. I haven't found any way to make invisible skins in Sims 3.
And if not possible, is there a way to make them smaller, like some custom slide?

Thanks.
Advertisement
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
#2 Old 26th Apr 2017 at 11:39 AM
Well... if someone would make a invisible skin, then the skin would turn all black >.< So I guess that's why no one has really done it, and I think it will eventually give you a gray or skintone looking mesh if you would make it invisible-compatible

Anyway! I tried to find an alternative for this as well for my floursack sims (http://greenplumbboblover.tumblr.co...-havent-laughed) Not trying to self-advertise myself here lol
how I managed to get some of them to work, is by cloning Bonehilda and the grim reaper. (RIP sim I had to kill off for to do this :P). And eventually go in CAS and make the grim reaper or bonehilda wear whatever you want them to wear.

However, i'm trying to find a way to make this work with kids, teen, etc. because the game resets stuff and it's giving me this black skin I mentioned before. I do think it has something to do with the SIMO or any SIM file though, but I have to go a bit deeper to see what's causing it to make the mesh invisible.

EDIT: I wouldn't use sliders though, it will resize the head with it. Say you are making a werewolf-ish head mesh, it will shrink with the mesh. which is something I guess you don't want it to do
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 26th Apr 2017 at 5:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Greenplumbbob
Well... if someone would make a invisible skin, then the skin would turn all black >.< So I guess that's why no one has really done it, and I think it will eventually give you a gray or skintone looking mesh if you would make it invisible-compatible

Anyway! I tried to find an alternative for this as well for my floursack sims (http://greenplumbboblover.tumblr.co...-havent-laughed) Not trying to self-advertise myself here lol
how I managed to get some of them to work, is by cloning Bonehilda and the grim reaper. (RIP sim I had to kill off for to do this :P). And eventually go in CAS and make the grim reaper or bonehilda wear whatever you want them to wear.

However, i'm trying to find a way to make this work with kids, teen, etc. because the game resets stuff and it's giving me this black skin I mentioned before. I do think it has something to do with the SIMO or any SIM file though, but I have to go a bit deeper to see what's causing it to make the mesh invisible.

EDIT: I wouldn't use sliders though, it will resize the head with it. Say you are making a werewolf-ish head mesh, it will shrink with the mesh. which is something I guess you don't want it to do

A family of floursacks? Oh my... That's more or less what I wanted to achieve, but I was working on a teen mesh, so I guess I'm kinda stuck for the moment.
If it was possible to clone one of the head presets and link it to an almost empty mesh, or no mesh at all... As far I see, in FullBuild0 there are several files associated with the default head: XML, CASP, BBLN, BGE, VPXY, GEOM... But I don't know what to do with them, or which one controls the available head presets. Perhaps the Grim Reaper is using this kind of head preset?
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
#4 Old 26th Apr 2017 at 6:27 PM
That... could be it though! Or telling the game not to generate a head. I guess it's the last one, but I guess we're both kinda stuck here lol. Will take a look at it