Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Apr 2017 at 2:46 AM
Default editing inteen risky odds causing same sex pragnacy pack not to work
I would post this on the inteen support forum, unfortunately I'm unable to register there as simbology does not except gmail accounts. Hopefully since many people from simbology also come here from time to time someone who is familiar with the inner workings of inteen may be able to help me.
I have been attempting to edit the risky woohoo odds that come with inteen to be more in line with the ones set in my game with acr. I am following the instructions included at the bottom of the user guide to do so.
The problem that I am running into is that once I save the changes I made to the inteen_B file and lunch the game my same sex couples no longer have ether option to try for baby the "vanilla" one or the one from acr, nor can they get pregnant through ether version of risky woohoo (acr or inteen) even though the same sex pregnancy is installed. Taking the edited inteen_B file out and replacing it with the backup I made does fix this but then obviously I don't have the changes I made to it. Also tried swapping the load order of samesexpreg and inteen_B to no effect.
This is very frustrating, it is possible that I made a mistake either in editing or following the instructions, I'm far from ruling that out but I have no idea what that would be.
Is there something different I must do to make my changes compatible with same sex Pregnancy?
incase someone is going to ask and/or has the time to look at it I'll include a copy of the Inteen_B file that I edited.

As a side note I recall having a similar issue with syberpunk's riskywoohoo and twojeff's pregforall.
Attached files:
File Type: rar  InTeenimater_B.rar (510.3 KB, 7 downloads) - View custom content
Advertisement
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#2 Old 27th Apr 2017 at 10:51 AM
I can't find these instructions you mentioned, could you post them?

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Instructor
#3 Old 27th Apr 2017 at 11:04 AM Last edited by whoward69 : 17th May 2017 at 9:17 AM.
If they are the ones that are included in the .rtf file distributed with InTeen, please note that the BCON values given in the guide appear to be wrong / out of date.

Just call me William, definitely not Who-Ward
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 27th Apr 2017 at 2:14 PM Last edited by keyqueen : 27th Apr 2017 at 9:33 PM.
Nysha- This is the instructions from the Inteen User Guide.rft

"Customizing the InTeenimater (Advanced Users ONLY)
If you are familiar with the SimPE editor, you can edit the following constant tables included in this expansion to adjust certain behaviors and tailor your experience to your liking. This is for advanced users only and assumes you have a strong working knowledge of SimPE – use at your own risk. Support cannot be given for mods that have been altered by the end user. You may not publicly redistribute any customizations of the InTeenimater without my express written consent.
When editing BCON’s in newer versions of SimPE (> 0.50), it is recommended you use the legacy BCON plug-in instead of the PJSE editor that is enabled by default. The newer editor misaligns the InTeenimater’s BCON indices making editing of the tables described below problematic. As of 0.61 this issue had not been fixed. Edit the BCON indices shown here; do not rely on the SimPE plugin!
The following constants can be found in the InTeenimater_B.package file:
Hot Tubs
Change BCON 0x7FEABABA:0x200C
0x00 – Adjust Try for Baby percentage (Default is 25% or (0x0019))
0x01 – Adjust Random Pregnancy on WooHoo (Default is 10% or (0x000A))

Beds and Hammocks
Change BCON 0x7F4437F2:0x200A
0x11 – Adjust Try for Baby percentage (Default is 60% or (0x003C))
0x1C – Adjust Random Pregnancy on WooHoo (Default is 15% or (0x000F))

Clothing Booth (Normal and Colonial)
Change BCON 0x7FA267EF:0x1002 and 0x7FA739E2:0x1002
0x07 – Adjust Try for Baby percentage (Default is 50% or (0x0032))
0x0E – Adjust Random Pregnancy on WooHoo (Default is 10% or (0x000A))

Photo Booth
Change BCON 0x7F43654C:0x1002
0x07 – Adjust Try for Baby percentage (Default is 50% or (0x0032))
0x10 – Adjust Random Pregnancy on WooHoo (Default is 10% or (0x000A))

Car
Change BCON 0x7F4EA230:0x2006
0x29 – Adjust Try for Baby percentage (Default is 50% or (0x0032))
0x2C – Adjust Random Pregnancy on WooHoo (Default is 15% or (0x000F))

Elevator
Change BCON 0x7FE6B74C:0x2000
0x09 – Adjust Try for Baby percentage (Default is 25% or (0x0019))
0x14 – Adjust Random Pregnancy on WooHoo (Default is 10% or (0x000A))

Sauna

Change BCON 0x7F30F216:0x1000
0x00 – Adjust Try for Baby percentage (Default is 60% or (0x003C))
0x01 – Adjust Random Pregnancy on WooHoo (Default is 10% or (0x000A))

Tent

Change BCON 0x7FCBB499:0x1001
0x0D – Adjust Try for Baby percentage (Default is 60% or (0x003C))
0x17 – Adjust Random Pregnancy on WooHoo (Default is 15% or (0x000F))

Closet
Change BCON 0x7FE10572:0x2005
0x01 – Adjust Try for Baby Percentage (Default is 50% or (0x0032))
0x10 – Adjust Random Pregnancy on WooHoo (Default is 20% or (0x0014))"

Whoward69- I did read that part of the guide, (the part in bold). As I understood it something about the newer versions of SimPE misaligned the labels in the BCONs causing them to show up on the wrong lines? I edited the lines indicated by the user guide (ie. 0x01, 0x1c ect.) not the lines with the labels on them. All the lines I did edit had the same values the guide said that they should. So 0x17 in BCON 0x7FCBB499:0x1001 had the value of 15 for instance. If the lines the user guide does say to edit incorrect lines, how can I figure out which lines I do need to change?

I think I have an idea that I would like to try. When I edited the file I did alter the try for baby odds as well as the risky. I'm not really sure why since I don't ever use that option. I'd like to try again with out changing these values and see if that has an effect.

Edit- didn't work same issue.

Edit 2- Happy day! I got it to work. I remembered that syberpunk had to create a separate file of his risky woohoo in photo booth for pregforall users. Based off of that I decided to see what would happen if I left the BCON for the photo booth alone. And it worked! My same sex couples are now able to conceive once again. Thank you Nysha and whoward69 so much for your replies.