Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#26 Old 5th Jun 2017 at 4:33 PM
When I opened second time it just wanted me to start the survey again. That was the one on the link here. Not the one just posted.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#27 Old 5th Jun 2017 at 4:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by daisylee
When I opened second time it just wanted me to start the survey again. That was the one on the link here. Not the one just posted.

That's not the result I'm getting, so I can't help you any more than I already did.
Maybe this link will work for you?

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Mad Poster
#28 Old 5th Jun 2017 at 5:15 PM
I can see that. Thanks!
Alchemist
#29 Old 5th Jun 2017 at 5:43 PM Last edited by sweetdevil : 5th Jun 2017 at 6:00 PM.
I did it, so where do we see the results? The player survey.

Thank you! I enabled summaries from the start, there was possibly an issue. Anyway, I'll post the results on my Tumblr this Friday (9th of June) and will also link to them here

Also there was an option to redo whole worlds for 2 and none for 3. I included making worlds and not just redoing all the lots. I did worlds in 2 and 3. Am ticked off we cannot do them in 4. There also needs to be an option for Sims 3 runs well. It has always run well for me on my laptop and PC. We have not all had performance issues with 3.

I'm not quite sure I understand what you mean here. An option to what? I haven't included any questions about game performance.

Edit: sorry, I misunderstood!

Tumblr - more downloads! ◾ CC reuploads / creator backupsTS3 CAS Conversion Catalog - for basegame, EP, SP, and Store clothing!
Mad Poster
#30 Old 5th Jun 2017 at 5:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sweetdevil
Thank you! I enabled summaries from the start, there was possibly an issue. Anyway, I'll post the results on my Tumblr this Friday (9th of June) and will also link to them here
I'm not quite sure I understand what you mean here. An option to what? I haven't included any questions about game performance.

Daisylee wasn't talking about your survey. Try to keep up

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Top Secret Researcher
#31 Old 9th Jun 2017 at 9:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by GristlePigeon
...Try to keep up
I do get confused easily! So, I returned to OP's survey, checked some boxes, and -- most importantly if I'm to sort out my confusion -- examined the results.

As it turns out, I'm predominately (~ 25%) female TS2, and very little (~ 6%) male TS1. No huge surprises there; I mean, nothing that calls for bothering my endocrinologist. Your results should be about the same as mine (since it's a survey and not a quiz.)

Keep in mind that correlation is not causality. That is, we oughtn't to assume that playing TS2 is the reason for someone's being 25% female.

Too, I have some misgivings about the results being titled "Ages of ..." while not touching the matter of age at all. Maybe that's just a technical limitation in the survey software; perhaps ages in proper form, e.g. "nine days from YA", aren't tabulated correctly.
Mad Poster
#32 Old 9th Jun 2017 at 11:01 AM
Quote: Originally posted by r_deNoube
That is, we oughtn't to assume that playing TS2 is the reason for someone's being 25% female.

But can you exclude the possibility, and state to a medical certainty, that that's impossible?

insert signature here
Top Secret Researcher
#33 Old 9th Jun 2017 at 12:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by GrijzePilion
But can you exclude the possibility, and state to a medical certainty, that that's impossible?
No, and you make a good point. We know that Simming can have life-changing effects on people, and the possibilities are rich. I meant only to say that no causal relationship should be inferred from the survey results. The relationship could, in principle, exist. This survey just isn't the right way to answer that question -- but that's OK, since it was designed for a different purpose! If we truly wanted to measure the tendency of Simming to affect the player's gender, a better test would probably use some manner of paired-sample methodology, so as not to be overwhelmed by other differences amongst the players.
Mad Poster
#34 Old 9th Jun 2017 at 12:26 PM
So you cannot exclude the possibility that prolonged exposure to a The Sims game can, in fact, cause the body to react in a way that may cause a change in gender?

insert signature here
Top Secret Researcher
#35 Old 9th Jun 2017 at 5:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by GrijzePilion
So you cannot exclude the possibility that prolonged exposure to a The Sims game can, in fact, cause the body to react in a way that may cause a change in gender?
I'm deeply skeptical, and anyway, the burden of proof would be on the "yes it can" hypothesis. Yet if someone wants to try Simming for that purpose, I wouldn't discourage them. Hormones can vary for myriad reasons and (barring tumors of course) the goal isn't so much to explicate every possible factor, but to achieve healthy levels.
Page 2 of 2