Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in

Latest Site News

Theme Seasons and Celebrations - posted on 1st Oct 2017 at 1:52 PM
Replies: 7 (Who?), Viewed: 2225 times.
just a girl
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Jun 2017 at 1:50 AM Last edited by Lamare : 24th Jun 2017 at 4:27 AM.
Default Autonomous ocean swimming (Published)
Previous version of autonomous ocean swimming is here.

This time I added more conditions to calculate likelihood of autonomous action and fixed a bug.

What's new?
- Sims with active personality, enthusiasm for fitness and/or wearing swimsuits are more likely to get in sea.
- For lazy sims, during night hours and/or wearing formal wear, it is less likely to go swimming.
- If sims have low motives or are wearing outerwear, they do not get in sea autonomously.
- Swimming interaction is pushed on sims immediately once they're in water, so they actively swim instead of wandering around.

I've come up with kind of weighted system. It turned out rather complex
Anyone is welcome to try out new version and make suggestions. Let me know how it feels in game or what you think on my writing below.

I tested too. Lazy sim without fitness hobby relaxes on a lounger or plays in sand, and may swim when too hot. Extremely active sim with maxed hobby tends to swim more, but may sunbathe or do other things as well. These were new sims with no learned behaviours, so it's early to tell.

(Btw I didn't forget about the other mod I promised. I'm working on it - two objects almost finished, one object halfway through.)

Grab only one version of the mod and don't forget to remove the old one from your Downloads.
Download - please read all instructions before downloading any files!
File Type: zip ijGetInSeaPatch-ExceptWinter.zip (1.1 KB, 11 downloads) - View custom content
File Type: zip ijGetInSeaPatch-SummerOnly.zip (1.1 KB, 7 downloads) - View custom content
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 15th Jun 2017 at 10:48 AM Last edited by LilSister : 16th Jun 2017 at 12:08 AM.
I love the new conditions that you made and I look forward to trying this new version out in game.

******Edit: I didn't want to double post so I'm editing this 6:54 p.m. DST.******

I'm still in the process of testing but this is what I have so far: I tested on residential beach lot with Sims that are Lazy - both only have 4 active points each. With the original mod they both wanted to get in the Sea all the time, upon waking it was the first thing they wanted to do. Now neither of them seem to have any interest in the beach at all. Surprising both are actually fitness buffs who like to go jogging. Perhaps as their fitness enthusiasm increases their desire to swim in the ocean autonomously will increase. I was only able to play the lot for a day so this may change after more game play.

However, I've been playing with a family that is very active 4 Sims with actives 7 and above on a vacation beach lot. They get in the sea autonomously but they are not obsessed about it; they will leave the water when their like hunger or bladder gets low. I also like that they will do other beach activities, talk with each other or watch television. I like that their behavior is much more normal with this version.

I'm going to play the residential lot a bit more and also test this version on a community beach lot.
just a girl
Original Poster
#3 Old 16th Jun 2017 at 2:56 PM
Thank you for feedback, LilSister.
Perhaps, your lazy sims are into fitness, because the old mod made them swim more than they would have wanted.
I like how it goes so far. That's what I had in mind.
Try it when sim's body temperature is in the red, if you have a chance. I'm not certain, whether there's too much attraction to swimming or not.

Assorted mods: Moving out and job options
Apartment rent agreement mod - fresh update
Testers wellcome on Electrical box & Fertile land
Functional sofa bed is ready to be tested as well
Field Researcher
#4 Old 18th Jun 2017 at 7:38 PM
You were right my lazy Sims are into fitness (they both roll daily wants to go jogging); however this new version of the mod allows their behavior to be much more realistic. I've played their household for a several days, and they will get in the sea autonomously during day without their temperature being in the red. What I love the most is that they also do other beach activities, and are not constantly pushed to get into the sea. This version of your mod is a keeper for me, thank you so much.
just a girl
Original Poster
#5 Old 18th Jun 2017 at 11:17 PM
Let me know if you think I should lower it down some more.
I'll leave the mod here in testing for now, in case something comes up.

Field Researcher
#6 Old 21st Jun 2017 at 4:27 AM
So far I think it's fine the way it is, but I will continue playing with different households. I still haven't tested on community lot beach, that's next on my to do list.
Top Secret Researcher
#7 Old 24th Jun 2017 at 3:00 PM
I wanted to mention something, although I haven't been playing lately since it takes me forever working on my downloads folder, but am looking forward to making residential beach properties. Anyway, I do water physical therapy 3 days a week, equaling at least 6+ hours total. Having a low comfort level doesn't make sense to me for sims to swim less. One of the things about the pool, for people like me, is the fact that it is very comforting. Water exercise is much, much easier on us than land exercise. It eases pain while doing what we cannot do otherwise and I quite often hate getting out of the water. This also keeps me from taking the very strong pain meds I was on, which don't help except to make me lethargic, off balance and nauseous. Instead I'm relaxed, comfortable and sleeping very well. I would think the water would raise comfort some in this case. (:

When you forgive, you heal. When you let go, you grow.
just a girl
Original Poster
#8 Old 24th Jun 2017 at 6:01 PM
Thanks, good point.
It's just they sometimes won't get out of the water until motive failure. They complain and swim, complain and swim looking like they suffer. For now, the restriction takes care of that. But I'll keep this in mind for the next version, when I look into swimming interaction.