Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Pointed Ears as CAS Sliders - updated 6/15/2022

by CmarNYC Posted 16th Jun 2017 at 4:33 PM - Updated 15th Jun 2022 at 3:57 PM by CmarNYC

52 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 27 Feedback Posts, 24 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Page 1 of 3
Scholar
THANKS POST
#2 Old 16th Jun 2017 at 5:23 PM
Thanks for this, Cmar!! A great addition!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#3 Old 16th Jun 2017 at 8:25 PM
I love you. It's gonna be great :3
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#4 Old 16th Jun 2017 at 10:44 PM
Cmar you are da man!
Criminal Mastermind
retired moderator THANKS POST
#5 Old 17th Jun 2017 at 4:49 PM
Thanks. I use the pointy ear unlocked mod too, but I had no means to reposition or resize the ears.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#6 Old 17th Jun 2017 at 5:05 PM
Thank you so much! :D
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#7 Old 17th Jun 2017 at 8:02 PM
Awww so cute, nice work!
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#8 Old 18th Jun 2017 at 5:01 PM
thanks
Inventor
THANKS POST
#9 Old 19th Jun 2017 at 8:49 PM
Wow!! Thank you very much for this slider!!!!
Sorry to ask, but are the pointy ears inherited?
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#10 Old 20th Jun 2017 at 4:14 AM
Quote: Originally posted by RedMallie
Wow!! Thank you very much for this slider!!!!
Sorry to ask, but are the pointy ears inherited?

I haven't tested so don't know, but since this is built into an EA slider it seems very possible.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Visit my blogs for other Sims content:
Online Sims - general mods for Sims 3
Offline Sims - adult mods for Sims 3 and Sims 4
Inventor
THANKS POST
#11 Old 20th Jun 2017 at 8:17 PM
Thank you!
Test Subject
#12 Old 22nd Jun 2017 at 6:45 PM
I think this mod already exists - see pointy ears unlocked - all ages by Khitsule? But great minds think alike, I suppose. (:
Instructor
#13 Old 22nd Jun 2017 at 7:58 PM
THANK YOU so very much!
So I tested the ears in CAS. I removed the CC pointy ears I was using for an Elf sim and a Fairy sim. Used your slider and created an offspring in CAS, randomized about a dozen times and sad to say the ears are not genetically passed on. So when I have a child in game they will have a special Pointy Ear celebration in CAS!

They call me The Seeker.
I've been searching low and high.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#14 Old 23rd Jun 2017 at 10:18 PM Last edited by CmarNYC : 24th Jun 2017 at 12:47 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Purrdalecki
I think this mod already exists - see pointy ears unlocked - all ages by Khitsule? But great minds think alike, I suppose. (:

Khitsule's mod unlocks the EA alien/vampire ears for humans that came with Get To Work and Vampires. My mod is base-game compatible and uses a visibly different, custom morph. I even mentioned Khitsule's mod in my description.

Quote: Originally posted by SimJymm
THANK YOU so very much!
So I tested the ears in CAS. I removed the CC pointy ears I was using for an Elf sim and a Fairy sim. Used your slider and created an offspring in CAS, randomized about a dozen times and sadly to say the ears are not genetically passed on. So when I have a child in game they will have a special Pointy Ear celebration in CAS!

Thanks for finding this out and letting me know!

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Test Subject
#15 Old 24th Jun 2017 at 1:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CmarNYC
Khitsule's mod unlocks the EA alien/vampire ears for humans that came with Get To Work and Vampires. My mod is base-game compatible and uses a visibly different, custom morph. I even mentioned Khitsule's mod in my description.

Thanks for finding this out and letting me know!

Oh, sorry! I didn't mean to come off as rude, I'm sorry for not reading the description, I just thought you should know. It is a nice mod. c;
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#16 Old 6th Jul 2017 at 12:14 AM
I really love this mod but I'm having trouble with it freezing my CAS when I try to create aliens. In other words, if I have it in my game, I can't take aliens out of CAS and put them in worlds. It just sticks on the loading screen forever or it sticks on the 'family thumbnail/screenshot' screen. Please help

This seems to apply with either your mod or Khitsules. I just don't know what's going on. I really want pointed ears for other Sims but I like my aliens, too.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#17 Old 6th Jul 2017 at 9:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by FurryJackal
I really love this mod but I'm having trouble with it freezing my CAS when I try to create aliens. In other words, if I have it in my game, I can't take aliens out of CAS and put them in worlds. It just sticks on the loading screen forever or it sticks on the 'family thumbnail/screenshot' screen. Please help

This seems to apply with either your mod or Khitsules. I just don't know what's going on. I really want pointed ears for other Sims but I like my aliens, too.

This isn't happening in my game even when I use the ear slider on aliens. All I can suggest is testing to make sure it's this mod and not another problem.

Lab Assistant
#18 Old 7th Jul 2017 at 6:19 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CmarNYC
This isn't happening in my game even when I use the ear slider on aliens. All I can suggest is testing to make sure it's this mod and not another problem.

I'm going to try sifting my CC in and out and see if it's conflicting with any of my CAS stuff. I'm not sure why that stuff would conflict but I've seen weirder stuff conflict in the Sims so I'll try it. Is there any mods you can think of that possibly conflict? All I have is a no muscle/fat mod as well as the Voidcritters for all ages mods that directly affect Sims.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#19 Old 8th Jul 2017 at 4:45 AM
Well cool! I sifted through various files and located the conflict. Some hair I had was conflicting with the ears. Go fig.... It's always something weird like this.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#20 Old 8th Jul 2017 at 8:22 AM
Quote: Originally posted by FurryJackal
Well cool! I sifted through various files and located the conflict. Some hair I had was conflicting with the ears. Go fig.... It's always something weird like this.

That's completely bizarre since they're different types of mods, but glad you found it.

Test Subject
#21 Old 12th Jul 2017 at 9:18 AM
Sweet plumbbob, I've been trying to suss out how custom sliders work for Sims 4 since basegame came out. Can you link where on the EA forums you got your information from? Either my google-fu is failing me or I'm looking straight past it. Anything else you could do to disambiguate the custom-slider-creation process would be worth my download folder's gigabyte count in gold.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#22 Old 12th Jul 2017 at 3:35 PM Last edited by CmarNYC : 12th Jul 2017 at 7:53 PM.
Man, you ask simple questions, don't you? :D

I pieced together how the sliders work over a couple of years, from a lot of EA documents and threads on the EA forums. I'll just upload a zip of the most relevant stuff since it would take a while to track down the actual posts. The PDF "InnovationsInSims4CharacterCreator" is a sales-type presentation but goes into some of the details of face and body morphs towards the end. There's also a Word file of a post about the HotSpotControls, and lists of the HotSpotControls and SimModifiers. I can upload file formats of the BGEO and DMap and whatever else if you want them, and of course you can search the EA forum for them, especially DeformerMap, and get to some long discussions.

Basically this is how it works (very simplified):

-There's a texture ("CASHotSpotAtlas") that the sim mesh UV1 maps to, that assigns a color to each morphable part of the face/body.
-The HotSpotControls (HOTC) have an ID field that corresponds to the color of a particular area, and links to SimModifiers (SMOD) for each direction of the slider and each view of the sim (front, back, sides). (Directions/views that are unused are empty and can be customized without replacing EA sliders.)
-SMODs link to Blends (BGEO), DeformerMaps (DMap), and/or BoneDeltas (BOND) which contain the actual morph data.
-There's also CAS Presets (CPRE) which link to Sculpts (SCPT) and/or SMODs. Sculpts also link to Blends and DMaps.

And I had to make my own tool to make custom Blends, DMaps, and BoneDeltas. I'm uploading the latest version of that for you as well. It works pretty well but is still in development - in particular the BGEO mirroring function and the different DMap sizes haven't been tested. The DMap compression doesn't work well especially for shape DMaps - the DMaps work fine but may be bigger than uncompressed ones. BGEOs are used for faces, DMaps and BoneDeltas for both faces and bodies. At this point you have to use Milkshape for BGEOs since they depend on vertex ID numbers and AFAIK Blender has no support for them.

The tool will make the morphs and package them with SMODs, but it's up to you to find/clone and use the HotSpotControls and the CAS Presets if you do presets.

And you'll need the latest s4pe (updated today) to work best with HotSpots, Presets, and Sculpts: https://github.com/s4ptacle/Sims4Tools/releases
Attached files:
File Type: zip  Slider Documentation.zip (6.36 MB, 12 downloads)
File Type: zip  TS4MorphMaker_1_2_0_0.zip (1.75 MB, 14 downloads)

Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#23 Old 1st Aug 2017 at 8:32 AM
This is really cool! I wonder if it's possible to make extra sliders for lip fullness and nose mass(I'd love slider like the nose mass slider from Sims 3 BG).
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#24 Old 13th Sep 2017 at 9:50 PM
Been waiting for this mod forever!
Test Subject
#25 Old 20th Nov 2017 at 4:47 PM
CmarNYC, I was so excited to see you had created Pointy Ears for Sims 4. I used the ones you had created for Sims3 until we got aliens in Seasons, and it turned out the ears applied to human Sims, too. I have since used NoteEgain's ears, then Khitsule's ears and now back to yours. I'm sorry to say none of them are compatible with the C & D EP. I just pulled yours out of my Mods folder as my game started acting a tad wonky. It wasn't as bad as with Khitsule's, as that really disrupted the game, but it did stall game play. I do hope you'll find the time to update them, as yours are more like a Vulcan's ears, and that's what I need. Please, and thank you, in advance.
Page 1 of 3