Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#51 Old 12th Aug 2017 at 9:47 PM
strikes again.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#52 Old 12th Aug 2017 at 11:20 PM
Well, I wanted to do a custom career and college major, but this whole GUID thing seems to have stopped that in its tracks. So, plan B? Either learn to recolor or build something.
Forum Resident
#53 Old 13th Aug 2017 at 1:01 AM
Quote: Originally posted by cord11
I'm considering making an apartment building that caters to families. Built for an urban environment. There's a bit of a lack of them as far as I can tell, with most lots on MTS either being geared more or less to singles and couples, or are suburban in nature. I'm not really sure what it will have aside from a playground, multiple bedrooms in each unit, maybe a common games room, and why not a pool and gym if there's space. It will probably have at least 3 floors due to the urban intentions, which could make toddlers a tad annoying, but hey that's the price of a desirable area that families can afford.

In my city, there are a couple of homeless shelters for single women with children. The rooms are motel style, rather than full-on apartment style. The one I visited had computers so mothers could search out and apply for job openings. I don't recall if there was a kitchen, but I know the dinner meals are brought in by local churches in big trays, and the families eat together. There is a family room with games and at least one of the shelters has a really nice outdoor playground.

You could do something similar, but make it a home for unwed pregnant sims or single moms with infants or toddlers. Just include a crib and a changing table in mom's room, and maybe a little daycare room where the tots can stay while mom attends job interviews or goes to her new job.

So many things to learn; so few brain cells to process the info needed to learn things!
Shipwreck Island
Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator
Original Poster
#54 Old 13th Aug 2017 at 1:13 AM
Top Secret Researcher
#55 Old 13th Aug 2017 at 1:16 AM
Quote: Originally posted by gdayars
What guid thing @Goldenbtrfly

I should have elaborated. Sorry about that! Here we go: http://modthesims.info/showthread.php?p=5233734
Field Researcher
#56 Old 13th Aug 2017 at 2:46 AM
Welp maybe I might not have anything to make for the theme after all, but I still plan on making a family oriented apartment building. Whether it fits the theme will depend. I'm thinking of making @SIMelissa 's idea first with 2 lots, one being a motel, and one being the homeless shelter after it's been converted. Hope no one minds exterior stairs and walkways, cause that's the style I'm going for. Probably. Toddlers can't use elevators without mods right? Would it be worth it to add them to a 3 or 4 floor motel?

WowoW it's a badly hidden owo UwU Yeet skeet Idk what I'm doing
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#57 Old 13th Aug 2017 at 11:29 AM
Do you have a block of GUIDs already @Goldenbtrfly?

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
just a girl
#58 Old 13th Aug 2017 at 11:47 AM
I should have been doing other things but... I got inspired and made a mod for having children in college... Young adults can get pregnant, can roll a want to have a child, can take kids with them when they move out, plus children can age normally on college lots. I don't use Inteen or such, but if this have already been done as a separate thing before, please stop me.

While I was at it, I did a couple more things in "young adults can" vibe, one of them being to get a job. But since the job panel is occupied by college stuff, players are going to need some source of job information otherwise they'll just forget the sim has a job, lol. Anyway, it's not a jobs monthly theme here.

I like the homeless shelter idea very much. More stuff for struggling sims.
Top Secret Researcher
#59 Old 13th Aug 2017 at 3:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by maxon
Do you have a block of GUIDs already @Goldenbtrfly?

No, I don't, I've never had a reason to use any before. I will try registering at the German site and see what happens. If not, a lovely Simmer offered me some assistance with a couple. :lovestruc
Mad Poster
#60 Old 13th Aug 2017 at 5:50 PM
@Lamare
the new mod you made and describe is features of Inteen, and no..I do not think anyone else done this besides Inteen.
I have that..my YA can have a part time job while in college. they can be pregnant, their children grow normally and the school bus comes to pick them up in the morning/comes back at 3pm. They move out just fine back to the main hood with their parents as well. See?
Last time I played this way, the YA mom invited her mom over..and ask to watch kids. Grandma stayed with them until the kid grew into a child and could be at school while mom was also at school..and this was fantastic.
If everything works the way you want..I might be able to let go of Inteen, who clashes with everything..but has these features I would prefer not to live without.
Thank you, hero.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Mad Poster
#61 Old 13th Aug 2017 at 6:56 PM
I was going to say you can have a couple of GUIDs from me but I see you're already covered Golden

Sounds awesome Lamare, I think a lot of people would love that. Lots of people don't want inteen or teen-anything, so would be great with an option that only enables YA families on campus.

Creations can be found on my on tumblr.
just a girl
#62 Old 13th Aug 2017 at 8:00 PM
Yeah, I thought Inteen would have YA pregnancy; never used it. I used to use cheats for that. But having it being controlled automatically is certainly more convenient.
Not to clutter this thread, I created one in Creator Feedback Forum.
Top Secret Researcher
#63 Old 13th Aug 2017 at 9:46 PM
Thanks so much for the offer, Gummi! I tell you that is one thing I really like about the Sims community, they tend to be very willing to help each other out!
Mad Poster
#64 Old 15th Aug 2017 at 9:24 PM
I made pajamas!
http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=598985

Mad Poster
#65 Old 15th Aug 2017 at 10:41 PM
Rosebine, you just made my day!
Mad Poster
#66 Old 16th Aug 2017 at 12:09 AM Last edited by Rosebine : 16th Aug 2017 at 11:47 PM. Reason: Just so I avoid double posting
@Justpetro You're too nice! Thank you

Edit to add, I am working on another outfit...something I haven't found in the Download section

Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator
Original Poster
#67 Old 25th Aug 2017 at 2:40 PM
Car is basically done except for recolors trying to make a base game compatible version tho!
Mad Poster
#68 Old 25th Aug 2017 at 10:10 PM
A full-sized hospital, with a good-sized maternity ward to ensure it fits the requirements of this theme!

You know, assuming I can actually finish another $1M+ lot in time...

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Forum Resident
#69 Old 27th Aug 2017 at 2:50 AM
FINALLY! It's preview time!

Sorry if it's not the best picture. I'm working on the smooth edges....

For my physical health, I can't eat cheesecake everyday.
For my mental health, I imagine eating cheesecake everyday.
It's a delicate balance.
Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator
Original Poster
#70 Old 1st Sep 2017 at 12:10 AM Last edited by gdayars : 1st Sep 2017 at 11:58 PM.
Car will be going up in the next few days

Base game version and freetime version. Base game works with all ep's but only the freetime version will give enthusiasm

There is both driving and tinkering involved

Jones has done some awesome recolors

edited to add pictures!

Mad Poster
#71 Old 4th Sep 2017 at 12:22 AM Last edited by Rosebine : 4th Sep 2017 at 4:17 AM.
If all goes well, (this means, if I find the time..) I'll be ready to upload tonight.
A very cute set of clothes..including 2 different meshes...on which you'll be getting : 2 different pajamas, and 2 different everyday outfits.
So 4 outfits, and of course..the choice between maxis feet or real feet. (that's 4 meshes & 16 recolors basically)
Not for toddlers this time!

Seems like I had the time.
http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=599771

Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator
Original Poster
#72 Old 4th Sep 2017 at 4:32 AM Last edited by gdayars : 4th Sep 2017 at 5:28 AM.
@gazania it has no npc's so don't worry. It uses the chair animations where it moves under the table and back, for its movement.

It's up btw
Mad Poster
#73 Old 4th Sep 2017 at 5:59 AM
Oops ... thought no one would see that post before I whisked it away. Busted!

Can't wait to try the cars!

Thanks to ALL free-site creators, admins and mods.

RIP Sunni ... truly a ray of light.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#74 Old 4th Sep 2017 at 6:08 AM
Us mods have ex-ray vision no matter if you edit or delete... *plays ominous music*

And yah the car is up so I better get onto to uploading my lot. :D

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#75 Old 4th Sep 2017 at 6:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Us mods have ex-ray vision no matter if you edit or delete... *plays ominous music*

*Runs off to buy lead-lined underwear*

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Page 3 of 4