Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in

Latest Site News

MTS Movie Night #2 - posted on 10th Aug 2017 at 2:58 PM
Replies: 5 (Who?), Viewed: 711 times.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th Aug 2017 at 7:07 AM
Default seed spawners
The world I am working on was originally done by someone else and I have permission to use it as a starting point. The original creator used many spawners, many, including seed spawners. CAW says to not use seed spawners. I am having a memory lapse here, and do not remember the details about this. Should I delete all the seed spawners placed in the world and use them solely on lots? EA/CAW must have changed after this world was done.
Advertisement
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#2 Old 8th Aug 2017 at 9:51 AM Last edited by daisylee : 8th Aug 2017 at 10:20 AM.
I put a lot of spawners on a lot. A lot! Will this cause problems?

https://photos.google.com/share/AF1...WVNa3lpQ09ibUNB
Site Helper
#3 Old 8th Aug 2017 at 1:26 PM
From personal experience, having a lot of spawners in a world can cause lag on slower systems. And spawners in a lot have been known to duplicate themselves if the lot is rotated when it is placed. (This may have been fixed, since now when I place the alchemy shop that came with the game all the harvestable plants in the garden are gone. I'm assuming that this might be a side-effect of removing all spawners in a lot when it is placed.)

I don't use CAW, so I have no idea about seed spawners in the worlds, but it certainly looks as though the worlds that EA made have seed spawners that are in the world rather than on a lot.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2016 Yearbook
My name is Ruin
staff: retired moderator
#4 Old 8th Aug 2017 at 7:32 PM
I've used seed spawners in my own worlds and have had no issues.

I will choose a path that's clear- I will choose free will
RUSH
Please try my Sims 2 and Sims 3 worlds!
Sims File Share- ask me for a code :)
dodgy builder
#5 Old 8th Aug 2017 at 7:47 PM
Same here. I think it's ok in world as long as it's not too much of it. I never use it on lots though, unless it's a lot that is the samme on all 4 sides.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#6 Old 9th Aug 2017 at 3:38 AM
Thank you for all the responses.

I sure wish my memory was better. I wonder why EA specifically changed CAW to say to not use seed spawners? I deleted a heck of a lot of the spawners the original creator used as thought there were too many. I think I will go ahead and leave the seed spawners left where they are so I can at least delete them from this lot.