Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
#76 Old 14th Aug 2017 at 11:57 PM
I rarely play Grilled Cheese sims because I don't want to get bored of them. One cheesehead every now and then can be very fun, though. I had one Grilled Cheese sim who got an aspiration boost every day by running outside to talk to the newspaper delivery kid every single morning. She had a high enough interest in food that she didn't mind talking about Grilled Cheese at all! She become his best friend and he gave her gifts of platters of grilled cheese sandwiches.

I don't really hate any of the aspirations, but each of them has their oddities and quirks. Family is my least favorite, though, because of the quantity over quality attitude toward children. I'm sure I consistently have fewer Family sims at any given time than any other aspiration.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#77 Old 15th Aug 2017 at 12:04 AM
I don't see the quantity over quality attitude toward children in my game. All parents wants to spend time with their children, not just wishing for more. So I cannot relate to that, but talking about grilled cheese..I am hungry.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Mad Poster
#78 Old 15th Aug 2017 at 12:19 AM
is this thread any different from the pet peeves thread? just wondering

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Field Researcher
#79 Old 15th Aug 2017 at 12:53 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosebine
I don't see the quantity over quality attitude toward children in my game. All parents wants to spend time with their children, not just wishing for more. So I cannot relate to that, but talking about grilled cheese..I am hungry.

You've never seen a Family sim who just had a baby immediately roll up wants to Have a Baby and Have Ten Children? Mine do it all the time, and those wants sit there and sit there, often alongside wants for waterballooon fights or spaghetti dinners, while the non-Family spouse/parent is rolling wants to interact with the baby that was just born.

I think Ihatemandatoryregister is right, though. This is turning into a peeves thread now. :P
Forum Resident
#80 Old 15th Aug 2017 at 1:06 AM
Quote: Originally posted by gummilutt
To each their own, if an aspiration is not fun to you then it's not. But I love all of them. Haven't played grilled cheese yet, because that I do think will get repetitive on a regular Sim, but I have plans to have a big mogul in the finance world have a little breakdown and convert all his companies to grilled cheese restaurants.

Love! I played a grilled cheese gal once. She was the life of the neighborhood, always inviting people over for grilled cheese parties.

I don't necessarily play by wants. I have an overall plan of what I want to do with the Sim, and consider wants a sort of look into that Sims mind. It's fun to see what kind of things they come up with on their own, and sometimes I do follow it and adapt my story to it. But I don't if I don't think it really suits them. If I get the numbers game on a Romance Sim that I intend to do that with, I don't see that as the Sim actually wanting to kiss 20 Sims and woohoo 20, I see that as them feeling pressured by the norm and societies expectation on them, so I have no qualms about ignoring it.

yes! Yes! YES! I used to play almost exclusively family/knowledge as well. Gets old fast. I also aimed to fulfill as many wants as possible and to get them platinum by having them reach their LTW. And then they'd be old and die. That was then. Now, I'm no longer going for the "win." Instead, my Sims are going to live longer lives, lives that not only follow the story in my head, but their own actions. And I agree that it is perfectly OK to see those "wants" as something other than a true desire (peer pressure, society norms, that sort of thing.) And so what if our Sim dies without a platinum headstone, so long as they live fruitful and meaningful lives?

I suppose one thing I dislike about TS2 is how romance doesn't have a programmed way to sort of "break up" and have the Sim decide no this one is not for me . . . Maybe have the break up interaction clear want history so that they stop rolling wants for that person.

I also wish this! I'm so tired of my Sims being "in love" with three or four Sims when they are not longer dating or interacting. I wonder if the Adults Go Stead (I think that's the name) would do that? Sort of the same way cheating and subsequent marriage break-up does--though I guess it's not the breakup, so much as the cheating that leads to the breakup dissolves the relationship.

Quote: Originally posted by wthrwthoutyu
You've never seen a Family sim who just had a baby immediately roll up wants to Have a Baby and Have Ten Children? Mine do it all the time.

Mine, too. And, because I'm inclined to allow it, my new neighborhood gives tax breaks to families with 1, 2 or 3 children, but start penalizing families who have 4 or more.

So many things to learn; so few brain cells to process the info needed to learn things!
Shipwreck Island
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#81 Old 15th Aug 2017 at 1:51 AM
You've never seen a Family sim who just had a baby immediately roll up wants to Have a Baby and Have Ten Children? Mine do it all the time, and those wants sit there and sit there, often alongside wants for waterballooon fights or spaghetti dinners, while the non-Family spouse/parent is rolling wants to interact with the baby that was just born.

I have seen that with family sims but generally my family sims don't wish for more kids all the time. Though in Little Carping, there is a strict 2-child rule in effect and after a while, family sims start behaving more normally. I think part of the issue is that if you fulfil a want, they tend to wish for it again. I don't do want-based play so I don't tend to see this sort of issue very often.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Mad Poster
#82 Old 15th Aug 2017 at 2:13 AM
You've never seen a Family sim who just had a baby immediately roll up wants to Have a Baby and Have Ten Children?

Immediately? No. Eventually, yes. Once they have something like 3 children, then they might wish for 10. Like I said, it does not get to the point where it annoys me.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Forum Resident
#83 Old 15th Aug 2017 at 2:47 AM
Curious, for those of you who don't do want-based play, how do you keep your Sims from plummeting into the red? Do you cheat them back up to green?
I'm trying hard to ignore those wants, but I have one Sim who spends a lot of time with a lampshade on his head.

So many things to learn; so few brain cells to process the info needed to learn things!
Shipwreck Island
Mad Poster
#84 Old 15th Aug 2017 at 3:06 AM
There's ways to make the wants reroll to new ones, go to community lots or have them check out another Sim.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Top Secret Researcher
#85 Old 15th Aug 2017 at 3:13 AM
Usually what I think about a Sim and their wants line up enough that I don't have to worry about their wants. Once in awhile i'll get a Sim that starts worrying from being in the red and they'll roll easy (generally) wants to fullfill like "talk about hobby" or something that i'll do to get them back in the green. I don't pay a ton of attention to their wants but I do see them and fulfill them where I think it fits. Not sure what that makes me..

My Simblr
He/They
Mad Poster
#86 Old 15th Aug 2017 at 8:34 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SIMelissa
Curious, for those of you who don't do want-based play, how do you keep your Sims from plummeting into the red? Do you cheat them back up to green?
I'm trying hard to ignore those wants, but I have one Sim who spends a lot of time with a lampshade on his head.

I don't play want-based, but that doesn't mean I ignore wants completely. For me it just means that I am free to make my own choices about where a Sim is headed, that isn't forcibly linked to what they themselves express. So if a family Sim wants 10 children or a Romance Sim wants to woohoo 5 Sims, I don't feel pressured to follow their want and do that. But if a Sim rolls a want to talk to someone, I will make sure they get a chance to. And if someone wants a skill, or to learn something, and I don't have other things in mind then sure.

And the other way around, I have no problems sending them to skill for a promotion if I want them promoted, even if they themselves don't roll wants to do so. Some players who do want-based only allow such things if the Sim rolls a want. But over all there's always some want I am okay with filling, so they don't spend their time in aspiration failure just because I don't have a want-based playstyle.

Creations can be found on my on tumblr.
Mad Poster
#87 Old 15th Aug 2017 at 9:35 AM
Sims are "trained" by the way you play them. The want panel changes according to how they are played and they will start rolling wants that are different from the initial ones - example: knowledge sims who have been on a couple of outings may start to roll the want to go on one/visit a community lot/be friends with somebody more often than before, family sims (if not shy) may roll the want to perform for tips or sing karaoke after they have done it once or twice.

Sims who get depressed (in the red) often only need to visit a community lot
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#88 Old 15th Aug 2017 at 12:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SIMelissa

? I never have this issue at all. I have trouble keeping my sims out of the green. I'm a bit like gummi - they do gets wants fulfilled every so often, it's just that it's incidental rather than intended. The other thing is I play sims according to their personality or role so family sims, for example, will tend to do things with family members. That keeps their happiness high even if they don't get wants fulfilled.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Mad Poster
#89 Old 15th Aug 2017 at 2:43 PM
I have a Sim now and then going into red, but not plummeting. I do play to wants in a way, but I have noted how these wants can change if you just play them a bit differently. I think that many of my sims roll "social" or "fun" wants because my hood functions that way - eg. promotions are celebrated by group outings, parties or at least dining out. That is why I say I train them
Mad Poster
#90 Old 15th Aug 2017 at 4:05 PM
The pixels in my towns are nearly always happy-platinum, too..the rare occasion when they go red doesn't happen very often, but I've found that if you fulfill just 2 wants (they don't have to be big ones, either) they'll stay sane...or at least out of the red zone.

However, when a pixel is decidedly depressed (as Ted Borgia was following being fired as a doctor-he was a fortune aspiration) you have to take extreme steps to pull them back from the brink. I did it by changing his aspiration to Grilled Cheese, because he was definitely not going to handle life any other way. That made him pretty pleased when he got to talk about his beloved grilled cheese sandwiches and eat them as well. There is a use for that aspiration, I've found.

It sure beats seeing the social bunny..or other silly things.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Page 4 of 4