Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#26 Old 12th Aug 2017 at 2:13 AM
Another thing I love is that there is so much to learn that i haven't yet! I am getting better and better at creating for this game because of all that learningz!

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#27 Old 12th Aug 2017 at 2:34 AM
What I love? That this game has a higher ethical standard than real life:
There is no sexisim, racism, ageism, or any other kind of Ism that happens to pervade our reality. It really is a equal society.
You don't have stupid insane people threatening to end all life on this planet because they're incompetent and crazy. Mary Sue Pleasant is stupid, but she's not going around threatening death to anyone. Lilllith Pleasant is many things, but usually she's not lethally inclined-at least now when she's safely locked up...

The pixels just have fistfights over things-not nuclear warheads, and that's why I often escape into the game to get away from the brutality that seems to be overtaking our planet in one way or another.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Forum Resident
#28 Old 12th Aug 2017 at 5:40 AM
Quote: Originally posted by FranH
What I love? That this game has a higher ethical standard than real life:
There is no sexisim, racism, ageism, or any other kind of Ism that happens to pervade our reality. It really is a equal society.

YES TO ALL OF THIS!
They don't care what color your skin is, who you date or whatever. All they care about is if you've kicked their trash can, spied on them via telescope or pranked them with a joy buzzer! Small yet understandable things that people would normally get annoyed or angry about. There's just ...peace in that game =)) seeing everyone happy and friends with each other can feel so good sometimes I just play to see them be good to each other.

If there's chaos its usually because someone cheated on someone else. And that's a pretty valid reason.
Top Secret Researcher
#29 Old 12th Aug 2017 at 10:19 AM
The Sims personalities, they can all be so different. With the points, hobbies, interests etc.
The looks and genetics of the Sims.
The huge ability to mod it. I don't know how to mod but it also doesn't matter because if you can think it, it's probably already modded. Love all the creators for this game!
The fact I have over 6GB of cc and, while it does affect loading time, once loaded can play just fine...unlike Sims 3. I love Sims 3 too but it does not work well with CC (and despite having no CC takes just as long to load (actually longer I think) as my TS2 with over 6GB, go figure that one out..lol)
The ability to control all of my Sims lives. Mwahahahaa
The sandboxy-ness
and much much more

Edit: So much yes to what FranH said! No sexism, ageism, racism, homophobia, no worry the Sims are going to blow everything up or anything like that. <3

My Simblr
He/They
Scholar
#30 Old 14th Aug 2017 at 11:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by DezzyBoo
I wasn't allowed to play Barbie as much as I wanted and there were limits due to me having no sets to play with so The Sims gives me what I always wanted; Barbie dolls to play with and do whatever I wanted :lovestruc

Funny story! I didn't have any sets either. So I would make my own accessories, like a knitted pencil case became a sleeping bag, a totally unrelated model horse became a Barbie horse and voila! Barbie goes camping! :D

And now we do the same thing with sims.

Paladins/SimWardrobes downloads: https://simfileshare.net/folder/87849/
Mad Poster
#31 Old 14th Aug 2017 at 4:30 PM
The genetics.
I don't know any other sims game what can provide so detailed genetics.
Modeling a sim face.
I can make exact face of anyone, now with new sliders even more. And it is NOT plastic.
All these tiny amazing animations hidden everywhere.
Equality of all sims.
Mad Poster
#32 Old 14th Aug 2017 at 5:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SciBirg
Funny story! I didn't have any sets either. So I would make my own accessories, like a knitted pencil case became a sleeping bag, a totally unrelated model horse became a Barbie horse and voila! Barbie goes camping! :D

And now we do the same thing with sims.

Re..
I would build Barbie-size furniture using Popsicle sticks, glue, wood from the family workshop...I would use some of my mom's fabric to create cushions etc.
I even made them clothing when mom finally showed/allowed me to use the sewing machine.

I make my own cc furniture, deco and clothing for my Sims.(and for me!) Life's goOd.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Instructor
#33 Old 15th Aug 2017 at 8:37 PM
Even though I *think* I'm in control, my Sims continuously throw me curve balls and surprises.

While I was distracted trying to stop my servo from preparing the 16th meal of the day, my male Sim got abducted by aliens and impregnated. I DID NOT see that coming. Then his roommate got killed by a satellite. The telescope is my favorite new death tool. HeeHee
Alchemist
#34 Old 15th Aug 2017 at 10:28 PM
there were similar past threads.

like I told in another thread, one thing I like is the creating possibilities of this game.
Mad Poster
#35 Old 16th Aug 2017 at 1:28 PM
Elevators is the only thing I can think of right now, that is exclusive to this iteration. Sims don't teleport in them when it gets cramped (they have to wait to hitch the ride) and of course has animation (for the elevator and complete for the sim).
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#36 Old 16th Aug 2017 at 5:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SneakyWingPhoenix
Elevators is the only thing I can think of right now, that is exclusive to this iteration. Sims don't teleport in them when it gets cramped (they have to wait to hitch the ride) and of course has animation (for the elevator and complete for the sim).

Elevators are the only thing you love about Sims 2? Surely you don't play the game just for the elevators. Dig deep into your inner child. What are the real reasons you love to play the game? Let me guess, I bet you love the ability to blow things up and cause mayhem in your neighborhood. Am I right?

So many things to learn; so few brain cells to process the info needed to learn things!
Shipwreck Island
Mad Poster
#37 Old 17th Aug 2017 at 12:16 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SneakyWingPhoenix

lol, the second being vague thing - crude humor and the charm it has.
Lab Assistant
#38 Old 17th Aug 2017 at 1:56 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Justpetro
Toddlers and children and teens and young adults and adults and elders.
Neat Sims pumping fists of joy when told to clean. Sloppy Sims asking "Me? You want ME to do it?"
Oh, boy, the animations! It is some of the best, surely, ever - from the elder male tucking in his tummy and straightening his shoulders when a pretty young sim walks by to the way some Sims flirt with their toes grinding into the ground and their hands behind their backs.
The townies.
The social group townies, their greetings, their interests, the things that your sims should talk to them about The networking.
The teens from the BV hoods! Pong Grundstrom teaching all his fellow students how to do Thai Chi
Witches joining sims at the pool table (just do NOT turn anyone into a witch, please????) and sometimes even fishing at the pond.
Building! Trying to give a family the perfect house.
Children playing games such as Mary Mack and Cops and Robbers.
Seeing a hood grow until you need a subhood (or two, or three or five).
Elixir of Life. Trust me, I love Elixir of Life.
The career rewards!
The surprises - for they still keep coming, after 12 years of playing.
Sims painting portraits of other sims.
That is to start with...

I just kept what I agree with out of your list. I dare you to get Dina Caliente to clean, she refuses to when I play her.
Page 2 of 2