Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Real Life Trees (no fade/LOD)

by Nothead Posted 25th Aug 2017 at 11:56 AM

34 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 12 Feedback Posts, 21 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Scholar
THANKS POST
#2 Old 25th Aug 2017 at 4:35 PM
Thank you so much!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#3 Old 25th Aug 2017 at 4:48 PM
Thanks for sharing your work!
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#4 Old 25th Aug 2017 at 5:47 PM
THANK YOU This is so essential mod
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#5 Old 25th Aug 2017 at 5:56 PM
Thanks for this mod it fixes my issue with the trees but could you also use it on the shrubs in the neighboorhood
Smeg Head
THANKS POST
#6 Old 25th Aug 2017 at 7:48 PM
I can imagine the repeat, monotonous grind of extracting each tree with S4S and editing the Model values one by one. You probably would've ended up talking to yourself as your mind drifts due to the rinse-and-repeat boredom. So an extra big thanks to you for your perseverance in completing this set. Nice one.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 25th Aug 2017 at 8:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by coolspear1
I can imagine the repeat, monotonous grind of extracting each tree with S4S and editing the Model values one by one. You probably would've ended up talking to yourself as your mind drifts due to the rinse-and-repeat boredom. So an extra big thanks to you for your perseverance in completing this set. Nice one.

True, I've ended up talking to myself, but it was worth it ,And there's more to come! Just wait..
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#8 Old 25th Aug 2017 at 9:28 PM
Love This! Thanks.
Banned
#9 Old 25th Aug 2017 at 9:31 PM
I'm not sure which one to download, what are the differences?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 25th Aug 2017 at 9:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Reitanna
I'm not sure which one to download, what are the differences?

Hi Reitanna,
Just download one file(the one of your version) you can chose only "no fade" or both, "no fade" And "no lod".
Remember to download just one
Test Subject
Original Poster
#11 Old 25th Aug 2017 at 9:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsfreak 388
Thanks for this mod it fixes my issue with the trees but could you also use it on the shrubs in the neighboorhood

I've just thought about it
Shrubs come on next update,just wait...
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#12 Old 26th Aug 2017 at 2:38 AM
What does the "no paper trees" version do? Does it remove those trees or make them look more realistic? I know that when you go towards the end of the map, the trees become 2D, so... My assumption is that the mod fixes that. I just thought I'd ask though! Thanks for the mod!
Test Subject
#13 Old 26th Aug 2017 at 3:52 AM
what is a LOD? lol
Scholar
#14 Old 26th Aug 2017 at 4:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ImmortalDreams
What does the "no paper trees" version do? Does it remove those trees or make them look more realistic? I know that when you go towards the end of the map, the trees become 2D, so... My assumption is that the mod fixes that. I just thought I'd ask though! Thanks for the mod!

It does fix that and they look much better!

Quote: Originally posted by zaceitorius
what is a LOD? lol

LOD = Level of Detail. When you zoom out the trees look like paper as the description says and this fixes that.
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#15 Old 26th Aug 2017 at 10:10 AM
Haha, "real life".
But at least it's better than default.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#16 Old 26th Aug 2017 at 5:16 PM
THANK YOU THIS IS GREAT!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#17 Old 27th Aug 2017 at 4:52 AM
You Are Awesomeeee!!!!!!!!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#18 Old 27th Aug 2017 at 4:57 PM
You have gone beyond our expectation. And after reading what coolspear said, I appreciate this download even more. Thank you so much.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#19 Old 29th Aug 2017 at 12:04 PM
Great one) i like it very much)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#20 Old 30th Aug 2017 at 3:18 PM
I want to kiss you right now !!!!! I've been looking for an updated mod so my trees won't fade for so long I was losing hope. I tried to make it myself, but the amount of work was too much and I started placing less trees so it wouldn't annoy me. I can finally clutter my lots with trees so it will look pretty and not fade. Thank you !!!
Inventor
THANKS POST
#21 Old 3rd Sep 2017 at 4:45 PM
Thank you!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#22 Old 16th Sep 2017 at 4:09 PM
Thank you
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 9th Nov 2017 at 12:22 PM
Love this!
Test Subject