Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#26 Old 13th Sep 2017 at 2:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
I need picture proof!

Proof (not a picture, but a video of it): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WGNq2iGb-o8
Advertisement
Scholar
#27 Old 13th Sep 2017 at 5:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MiniMimi
Hmm maybe that horrible awning was supposed to look like the front view of a firefighter helmet - and thus being a hint of some upcoming shit - but the thing is so ugly that no one noticed the hint -.- Oy.
So the patch is the all-the-stuff-we-forgot-to-finish-earlier? Oh joy. Worse part is that they still haven't finished working on them! erroneous hair color? check. erroneous slotting? check. copy paste of an already existing bench? check!

... Before someone jumps on me for 'negativity' I do love the hair mesh, the bed and the small window.

I really like the bed (and I'm so glad BrazenLotus is already working on separating it) and the new windows. That awning is just. Ridiculous. I like the duck sculpture now that it sits on tables properly. I also like the new outdoor chair, because it's nice when we actually get sets of things. I'm sure someone will fix that hair swatch eventually like they did with the beard texture that was off from Get Together.

I'm going to read some tutorials later though and see if I can fix the lack of comfort level on the living room chair and the sofa, because for the price point it should at least be +1 versus nothing as it is now. I'm sure BrazenLotus is fixing the mattress stats as she separates the bed.

Overall, the presentation was just very messy, but I always appreciate freebies.
Top Secret Researcher
#28 Old 13th Sep 2017 at 7:04 PM
Yeah, that's not how you do "funny" fix updates. (My all-time favorite, I think, is one from Crusader Kings 2: "No longer possible to sacrifice the same person to Satan multiple times.")
Mad Poster
#29 Old 13th Sep 2017 at 9:23 PM
OP, maybe you can highlight (bold) important and direct patch notes? Would be easier to skip through reading that long pan humour witty remarks.
dodgy builder
#30 Old 13th Sep 2017 at 9:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SneakyWingPhoenix
Proof (not a picture, but a video of it): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WGNq2iGb-o8

He sure knows how to entertain
Field Researcher
#31 Old 14th Sep 2017 at 9:26 AM Last edited by Kompaktive : 15th Sep 2017 at 1:24 AM.
"Your door is ajar"
"No, it's a door"

I found it hilarious tbh in one of EA patch notes.
Instructor
#32 Old 14th Sep 2017 at 1:36 PM Last edited by XtraSim : 14th Sep 2017 at 1:51 PM.
fuck yes a wooden duck just WHAT I WANTED!

Mirror floors, sexy mirror silhouettes, adult DVD, legend of zelda items and more ALL FREE AT: XTRA SIMS!
Instructor
#33 Old 14th Sep 2017 at 1:39 PM
The ball pit still looks awful - the balls look like they're melting, but at least it isn't flat any more.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#34 Old 14th Sep 2017 at 7:02 PM

Thanks for that video, it made me laugh!

It does look to have a better texture, I wonder why they made it so low-res in the first place?

Quote: Originally posted by andru
The ball pit still looks awful - the balls look like they're melting, but at least it isn't flat any more.

Oh dear, well at least they tried!
Mad Poster
#35 Old 14th Sep 2017 at 8:08 PM

It does look to have a better texture, I wonder why they made it so low-res in the first place?

Budget problems, I guess.
Mad Poster
#36 Old 14th Sep 2017 at 8:09 PM
Does the higher resolution use more computer resources?

Addicted to The Sims since 2000.
Mad Poster
#37 Old 14th Sep 2017 at 11:33 PM
Thanks for that video, it made me laugh!

The same reason for all the other stuff we've gotten in free updates. They didnt think we'd care. Updated ball pit. Toddlers. Pools. Ghosts. Dishwashers. They only go above and beyond when they fail to get away with the bare minimum.

The Receptacle still lives!
Forum Resident
#38 Old 15th Sep 2017 at 10:07 AM
I noticed in a pic that the new bed has an energy level of 1...
Instructor
#39 Old 15th Sep 2017 at 10:37 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lil bag2
The same reason for all the other stuff we've gotten in free updates. They didnt think we'd care. Updated ball pit. Toddlers. Pools. Ghosts. Dishwashers. They only go above and beyond when they fail to get away with the bare minimum.

The ballpit is just a symptom of a larger problem. The game is just mediocre at best. I recently reinstalled TS2 and was blown away at how much better everything looked over TS4. This is a 13-year-old game.

"Well, you see, SneakyWing, making a ballpit is hard. It takes a lot of resources and money to make a ballpit. Not just anyone can do it. It takes a lot of effort and hard work to make those balls."
Scholar
#40 Old 15th Sep 2017 at 5:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Dorsal Axe
I noticed in a pic that the new bed has an energy level of 1...

A guru claimed it was a typo and that the bed actually has another energy level. Failed to mention which that was though. Mysterious energy levels inbound!

So be it. Move. ~Jason Bourne
Simblr
Scholar
#41 Old 24th Sep 2017 at 10:49 AM
Why do they always have to drunk post changelogs?
Test Subject
#42 Old 24th Sep 2017 at 1:57 PM
I always have to bite on a piece of cloth to avoid grinding my teeth when I read these, god. Would it kill them to give us a serious changelog for once?
Theorist
#43 Old 25th Sep 2017 at 1:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SharksAreCool
I always have to bite on a piece of cloth to avoid grinding my teeth when I read these, god. Would it kill them to give us a serious changelog for once?

Weirder Stories Changelogs™
Mad Poster
#44 Old 25th Sep 2017 at 1:33 PM
Reading these weirder changelogs makes me want to take an angry poop.
Theorist
#45 Old 25th Sep 2017 at 1:38 PM
Page 2 of 2