Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Link Ninja
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Oct 2017 at 3:41 AM
Default Juicy interpretations
Kind of an off-beat discussion topic but do you just pretend the juice bar serves alcohol for your sims? Or does your neighborhood have prohibition, or maybe alcohol doesn't even exist for your hood. Technically it doesn't, unless you have a keg type mod or cocktail glass deco because it's all juice. Or is 'Juice' just a slang term in sims for a hard drink?? Is this why @Justpetro is always offering us up juice in contest threads?

I for the most part just see the juice as alcohol, even though teen sims are allowed to drink it.

How does everyone else handle their juice bar(s)?

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Advertisement
Link Ninja
Original Poster
#2 Old 7th Oct 2017 at 4:00 AM
that's some....interesting fanon I never knew about.

Meet Me In My Next Life
#3 Old 7th Oct 2017 at 4:05 AM Last edited by Simonut : 7th Oct 2017 at 4:47 AM.
Yes I always pretend the juice is "alchohol" I have several night clubs in my custom hood, where the Sims can go and dance and meet other Sims,
But I do have mods that will give the Sims an achohol reactions I have SimSlice beer mod there are two types alcohol and non. I also have the beer Keg mod, and a beer vending machine mod, here
https://www.thesimsresource.com/mem...beer/id/474882/
Beer Keg here http://modthesims.info/d/200435 you can get Simslice beer at the booty.

Picture of the Beer vending machine below click on picture for a better view :LMAO
Screenshots

"Nothing in life is a Surprise it just happen to come your way at the time".
Mad Poster
#4 Old 7th Oct 2017 at 4:16 AM
I have the SimSlice beer 6 pack and the mod that puts it in the fridge. That juice bar ain't got nothing on those.

But yes, the juice bar is alcohol. "Getting juiced up" is slang for getting drunk, you know-and it is old-fashioned slang at that. Now you know how old I am...

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Field Researcher
#5 Old 7th Oct 2017 at 4:20 AM
Huh, I never thought of Sims that way lmao. Maybe they're aliens.

Anyway, some households have "juice" bars and the pineapple keg, but while college kids and young adults do bubbles and keg stands, older, more sophisticated adults and elders partake in the "juice" bar. Adults with children and elders that use bubbles are definitely seen as strange in my hoods because it's seen as something done when you're young and wild, and not when you have bills to pay and responsibilities.

My simblr
In the name of the Moon, i will right wrongs and triumph over evil, and that means YOU! ❤️
Mad Poster
#6 Old 7th Oct 2017 at 4:33 AM
I like this line from the SimWiki:

Quote:
However, whether or not Sims are considered a species has never been stated.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Mad Poster
#7 Old 7th Oct 2017 at 4:34 AM
I just figured "juice" was sim slang for "alcoholic beverage." I don't have any mods that add other types of alcohol to the game, but now you all have me somewhat curious...
Mad Poster
#8 Old 7th Oct 2017 at 4:47 AM
Alcohol just gross me out. It's not in my game, never will be. I rarely even use the bars in my builds. There is already too many alcoholics in RL, and I am glad, no sims can become one.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Forum Resident
#9 Old 7th Oct 2017 at 5:24 AM
You know, I never gave it much thought. I guess I always thought of it as grown up juice -- as opposed to the juice kids can get out of the refrigerator. But I suppose that "grown up juice" could be a euphemism for "Vodka & OJ" or other similar juice-based drinks. Except that the juice from the juice bar does not impair my Sims or cause them to act differently (more stupid, obnoxious, irresponsible that normal). Recently, I added some wine grapes to my downloads folder, so my Sims will soon be drinking wine. But I would bet that when they do, I'll just think of it as another kind of grown up juice. LOL

Me personally, I like don't like the taste of most alcohols -- not even wine. I get my tannins from pomegranate juice and the only alcohol I consume is a splash of irish cream in my cocoa on a cold, rainy night.

So many things to learn; so few brain cells to process the info needed to learn things!
Shipwreck Island
Mad Poster
#10 Old 7th Oct 2017 at 5:54 AM
Oh yeah, totally. The juice bar is clearly an alcohol bar, the toasting set is obviously champagne (or "sparkling wine" for sticklers on propriety), the wine racks are wine racks, the pineapple keg is... just a normal keg, the bubble blower is a hookah, and the hydroponic garden career reward is for slackers to grow marijuana in their closets. Did I miss any?

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Link Ninja
Original Poster
#11 Old 7th Oct 2017 at 5:56 AM
oooh yeah I forgot about that hyroponic garden center heh heh.

Mad Poster
#12 Old 7th Oct 2017 at 6:04 AM
As to the notion that EA didn't intend for the effects of alcohol to be present in the game, everyone remembers the enchanted garden gnome from Makin' Magic back in TS1 getting obviously drunk after swimming around in the nectar press, right?

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Meet Me In My Next Life
#13 Old 7th Oct 2017 at 7:30 AM
Just to be a bit clearer I have never drink any alcohol in my entire life ( I don't like being around a drunk person ) I am also a non smoker. ( As a teen in high school I try one time. ) Only to be apart of the in crowd.
I did not know what I was doing anyway or how to smoke and got sick as a dog, thank goodness that happen that was the end of me trying to smoke.

Now just for the fun of it and to have a somewhat realistic Sims game just a few of my Sims do smoke, but they can "only" get it at the gas / petrol station when they go. ( or they can buy a pack for home )
I do not want my whole neighborhood to be smoke heads I have no more than two Sims in each hoods that it. I use a mod for cigarettes from PCSims found at the Sims Graveyard
So I guess Alcohol and Cigarettes are some of my Sims Vices lol.

"Nothing in life is a Surprise it just happen to come your way at the time".
Mad Poster
#14 Old 7th Oct 2017 at 7:45 AM
I always figured that the juice bar was alcohol, but also had a couple of non-alcoholic drinks as well.

Though considering I once managed to get drunk on Nyquil (!), I don't profess to be any great expert in alcoholic beverages.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Mad Poster
#15 Old 7th Oct 2017 at 8:14 AM
In my game, it is obviously a fermented juice bar! Like any proper bar, it serves soft drinks as well, and you may even find those serving coffee.

I do have that beer keg in my game - it does lead to a lot of fun

Here you become a "responsible" adult at age 18 - then you can start drinking (and driving, though not on the same nights).

(Both my kids also worked as bar tenders and managers at one stage (not any longer) so I did visit bars rather frequently back then. Son's bar was part of a music venue/restaurant, daughter's bar was in a very nice country hotel).

Still hoping somebody will make a mod that allow a sim to buy another sim a drink from the fermented juice bar
Forum Resident
#16 Old 7th Oct 2017 at 8:31 AM
The bars contain alcohol. Adults will occasionally drink a glass, which is perfectly normal, but I've had some alcoholic sims who used the bar way too much.

The Fruit thing is alcohol too, mixed with fruit juice. Students love it.

The hydroponic garden... produces nice plants that decorate the room, because innocent 16 year old me had no idea what else this could be about when I first got the game. I thought it a bit strange as a career reward for the slacker career, but I guess you don't have to take that much care of it. In the same vein, the bubble blower produces soap bubbles.
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 7th Oct 2017 at 9:34 AM
I consider juice and nectar to be alcohol - blended juice drinks are cocktails, poured juice drinks are spirit + mixer, nectar is wine. Never thought much about that fruit barrel thing, but I think I'd imagine it either as beer or as "fruit punch" that's been spiked.

The good thing about sims 2 alcohol is the lack of many of the real-life negatives - they don't experience any adverse effects beyond a full bladder, and addiction doesn't seem to exist. If only it were so harmless in our world...
Field Researcher
#18 Old 7th Oct 2017 at 9:58 AM
Well, I don't know about addiction - whenever I have a bar on the lot everybody keeps going there to get drinks all the time. That annoys me, which is why I never have it on the lot. Same goes for the bubble blower. I never really thought about it, but I'd say it's alcohol. Doesn't it say "get drink"? But since it's not having any effect, be it positive or negative, I usually just ignore it.
Theorist
#19 Old 7th Oct 2017 at 10:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosebine
Alcohol just gross me out. It's not in my game, never will be. I rarely even use the bars in my builds. There is already too many alcoholics in RL, and I am glad, no sims can become one.

Same here, in addition I never considered "getting drunk" an important part of life, so I don't exactly care to simulate it in a life simulation. I do use the various bars if I find them appropriate for a household or have a corner of a room I need to fill with something, but I have never used that juice thing that came with University. I never have used that disgusting bubble blower either, partly because "hur hur hur, they're getting high hur hur hur" isn't exactly my kinda humor.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#20 Old 7th Oct 2017 at 11:29 AM
Well I wasn't sure until I saw this ... definitely alcohol. Poor Cornelia.
Screenshots

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Mad Poster
#21 Old 7th Oct 2017 at 12:50 PM
Actually that bottle rather annoys me maxon! That looks like a water bottle to me, and why would they get a water bottle from a bar? Makes no sense to me. That is my next meshing project, replacing it with a more alcohol-looking bottle.

To me juice is alcohol. As so many already said, the juice keg is mainly used by students or people throwing wild parties (ehem pleasure/popularity ehem). If I notice a specific Sim spend a lot of time on the juice keg/bar at a party, I might make them do funny things. I have a memory in my custom memory object that says "Oh boy, I think I might have had too much to drink. I hope I didn't do anything foolish..." Regular bars would be found in the homes of Sims who I think might enjoy a drink here and there. Most people who throw parties on a semi-regular basis has one. Over all I'd say I'm more prone to give bars to romance, fortune, pleasure and popularity Sims. Knowledge are too busy focusing on whatever it is they enjoy doing, and family Sims don't want it around their kids. Sims might have a bar even if they have kids, but if it gets used too much I'd remove it.

I don't have any smoking mods in my game, but I do have a decorative ash tray and pack of cigarettes that I use when I want to create a specific ambiance. I won't detail exact what since I think smokers might feel offended and we don't want that

Creations can be found on my on tumblr.
Mad Poster
#22 Old 7th Oct 2017 at 1:00 PM
I always took it as alchohol. Though unlike humans, these pixel people obviously differen from us in anatomy and their biological in many ways, one being they don't get drunk from these "juice". Nice observation you made there, alchohol may be as well a slang or official definition in their dictionaries.
Mad Poster
#23 Old 7th Oct 2017 at 1:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Charmful
Kind of an off-beat discussion topic but do you just pretend the juice bar serves alcohol for your sims? Or does your neighborhood have prohibition, or maybe alcohol doesn't even exist for your hood. Technically it doesn't, unless you have a keg type mod or cocktail glass deco because it's all juice. Or is 'Juice' just a slang term in sims for a hard drink?? Is this why @Justpetro is always offering us up juice in contest threads?

I for the most part just see the juice as alcohol, even though teen sims are allowed to drink it.

How does everyone else handle their juice bar(s)?

Juice in my hoods is just juice. And the bubble blower just blows bubbles, but the bubbles are like Willy Wonka's fizzy lifting drink.

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Theorist
#24 Old 7th Oct 2017 at 4:39 PM
Yes, I consider the juice bar to be one that serves alcohol, and even default replaced everything I could on it...especially the silly water bottle. In my game, the water bottle is currently a bottle of vodka.

“Seize the time... Live now! Make now always the most precious time. Now will never come again.” ― Jean-Luc Picard
Forum Resident
#25 Old 7th Oct 2017 at 5:41 PM
Hmm...maybe we need a mod that somehow affects the behavior of the Sim drinking from the bar. Maybe it can be related to their highest/lowest personality score.
Grouchy Sim argue with everyone.
Shy Sims do the Romance walk and hit on everyone.
Serious Sims refuse to drink, or maybe scold others for drinking.
Playful Sims do the lampshade on the head (aspiration failure) dance.

So many things to learn; so few brain cells to process the info needed to learn things!
Shipwreck Island
Page 1 of 2