Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#26 Old 7th Oct 2017 at 5:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by PenelopeT
default replaced everything I could on it...especially the silly water bottle. In my game, the water bottle is currently a bottle of vodka.

@PenelopeT Link pretty please with a cherry on top? :lovestruc

Creations can be found on my on tumblr.
Advertisement
Theorist
#27 Old 7th Oct 2017 at 6:05 PM
@gummilutt I was lazy and used one of the texture replacement bottles by Engram found throughout this thread http://www.simbology.com/smf/index.php?topic=3146.0, and then just created my own label design for personal use. I have a few different designs and just switch them out when I get tired of seeing the same one.

“Seize the time... Live now! Make now always the most precious time. Now will never come again.” ― Jean-Luc Picard
Mad Poster
#28 Old 7th Oct 2017 at 6:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by enebya
Well, I don't know about addiction - whenever I have a bar on the lot everybody keeps going there to get drinks all the time. That annoys me, which is why I never have it on the lot. Same goes for the bubble blower.
While all my sims do adore blowing bubbles, I've never been able to get them interested in bars, so your post here kind of has me scratching my head. I'll even have a host sim serve drinks so there are plenty available just sitting right there for the taking, and still no one's interested. They'd rather play SSX3.

Quote: Originally posted by gummilutt
I'd say I'm more prone to give bars to romance, fortune, pleasure and popularity Sims.

I just buy a bar if a sim wants a bar and can afford it and has space for it. I think it's only those four aspirations who ask for bars, and only pleasure who ask for the bubble blower (eventually all my pleasure sims get a bubble blower just to shut that obnoxious want up, but I usually lock it away from guests or that's all anyone will ever do!).
Lab Assistant
#29 Old 7th Oct 2017 at 6:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by maxon
Well I wasn't sure until I saw this ... definitely alcohol. Poor Cornelia.

Off-topic for the thread, but can I just say Cornelia's dress is gorgeous?
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#30 Old 7th Oct 2017 at 7:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by cakeninja
Off-topic for the thread, but can I just say Cornelia's dress is gorgeous?

Well, that's an ancient picture and an ancient recolour - I have no idea where I got it from. However, I could have a look and see if I still have it and could upload it to SFS for you. I'm pretty sure it's an EAxis mesh.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Scholar
#31 Old 8th Oct 2017 at 12:32 AM
The pineapple is alcoholic punch, and bars on community lots sell alcohol to adults and soft drinks to teens. A bar on a home lot has both - juice and soft drinks are poured, cocktails are stirred. Although, given how Sims will often go to grab a drink when they're hungry, I think it might have Boost or Ensure as well!
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#32 Old 8th Oct 2017 at 12:37 AM
Actually that bottle rather annoys me maxon! That looks like a water bottle to me, and why would they get a water bottle from a bar? Makes no sense to me. That is my next meshing project, replacing it with a more alcohol-looking bottle.

I view the bottle as water since it looks too much like one. I guess it could be an alcoholics way or hiding vodka drinking.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Theorist
#33 Old 8th Oct 2017 at 12:42 AM
Not that I drink much (try once a blue moon), but I do believe that some drinks use water, no? And if it wasn't a wet bar with a sink attached havin bottled water there would make sense, at least imo :D

With that thought though I rarely use the bars as I tend to build more smaller houses that don't have room for that sorta luxury.
Lab Assistant
#34 Old 9th Oct 2017 at 12:23 AM
Didn't EA put official alcohol in The Sims Medieval?
Mad Poster
#35 Old 9th Oct 2017 at 2:26 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SophieModan
Didn't EA put official alcohol in The Sims Medieval?

Yes. If you had the ingredients, could brew different recipes with the keg, and it was glorious. :lovestruc
Top Secret Researcher
#36 Old 9th Oct 2017 at 4:35 AM
I regard the juice as alcohol. Amazingly enough, you can drink alcohol without getting drunk. Moderation is the key as in all things.
However, even though Sims might always be at the juice bar, it has no effect other than filling their bladder, which is just a little disappointing. I have one of those beer keg mods but have yet to use it.
Mad Poster
#37 Old 9th Oct 2017 at 4:54 AM
If you do get either the kegs or the six pack, be forewarned that the results can vary wildly. Sometimes with life-altering results..

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Lab Assistant
#38 Old 9th Oct 2017 at 9:58 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosawyn
Yes. If you had the ingredients, could brew different recipes with the keg, and it was glorious. :lovestruc

Exactly, and if my memory is correct you could also poison sims to death in that game, and it was T rated just like the main series, why don't EA put these kind of stuff in the main game is beyond my comprehension.
Mad Poster
#39 Old 9th Oct 2017 at 10:25 AM
In my game, juice and nectar are alcohol. The slacker reward is a houseplant because it looks to me like some weird cross between a ruellia and an African violet. I considered making the bubble blower an illegal intoxicant, but then Malcolm Landgraab's daughter convinced me that it was just Fizzy Lifting Stuff like Smorbie said.

The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#40 Old 9th Oct 2017 at 1:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SophieModan
Exactly, and if my memory is correct you could also poison sims to death in that game, and it was T rated just like the main series, why don't EA put these kind of stuff in the main game is beyond my comprehension.

Uh - something about TSM I might have even liked.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
Lab Assistant
#41 Old 9th Oct 2017 at 3:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by maxon
Well, that's an ancient picture and an ancient recolour - I have no idea where I got it from. However, I could have a look and see if I still have it and could upload it to SFS for you. I'm pretty sure it's an EAxis mesh.

That would be lovely, but only if it's a quick job - don't go to too much trouble
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#42 Old 9th Oct 2017 at 5:12 PM Last edited by maxon : 9th Oct 2017 at 5:29 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by cakeninja
That would be lovely, but only if it's a quick job - don't go to too much trouble

OK it's here:
http://simfil.es/331806/
I'm pretty sure it's a recolour of the blue dress (picture). For an old skin, it looks pretty nice actually. It's called Royal Blue Lace Dress - I did rename the file at some point. Let me know if you have any difficulties.

Edit: I've just remembered that Stajl was a skinner over at All About Style - which makes sense as I used to raid that site on a regular basis back in the day - but I can't see that skin anywhere so I'll leave the file up for now. If anyone spots it, let me know and I'll take the file down if we can post a link instead.
Screenshots

Mad Poster
#43 Old 9th Oct 2017 at 6:42 PM
Bars do serve bottled water.
I totally love the suggestions, @SIMelissa Although I think serious Sims should sit alone in a corner and get seriously drunk
Forum Resident
#44 Old 9th Oct 2017 at 7:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Zarathustra
Oh yeah, totally. The juice bar is clearly an alcohol bar, the toasting set is obviously champagne (or "sparkling wine" for sticklers on propriety), the wine racks are wine racks, the pineapple keg is... just a normal keg, the bubble blower is a hookah, and the hydroponic garden career reward is for slackers to grow marijuana in their closets. Did I miss any?
The hydroponic garden is.... I FEEL LIKE SUCH A NOOB!

At least I know how to really get my sim's criminal empire going now.... He's going to sell bubble blowers and *cough* garden plants.

For my physical health, I can't eat cheesecake everyday.
For my mental health, I imagine eating cheesecake everyday.
It's a delicate balance.
Scholar
#45 Old 10th Oct 2017 at 8:28 PM
Actually that bottle rather annoys me maxon! That looks like a water bottle to me, and why would they get a water bottle from a bar? Makes no sense to me. That is my next meshing project, replacing it with a more alcohol-looking bottle.

For me it was even worse, because I thought it was an overgrown baby bottle
Alchemist
#46 Old 10th Oct 2017 at 9:45 PM
I seem to recall a similar discussion at some site; I do not remember where.

to me; for it to be an alcoholic beverage, sims would need to become drunk.
explicit alcohol might have increased the ESRB rating.
Mad Poster
#47 Old 11th Oct 2017 at 5:43 AM
Quote: Originally posted by AliaD85
The hydroponic garden is.... I FEEL LIKE SUCH A NOOB!

At least I know how to really get my sim's criminal empire going now.... He's going to sell bubble blowers and *cough* garden plants.

Can't give you a link because the Booty is down, but Pandora Sims has some 'bland cucumbers' you can grow as well.
Mad Poster
#48 Old 11th Oct 2017 at 6:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by mdsb759
explicit alcohol might have increased the ESRB rating.

They got away with it in TSM, though!

Quote: Originally posted by Charity
the Booty is down

Again? edit: damn, it is.
Alchemist
#49 Old 12th Oct 2017 at 11:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosawyn
They got away with it in TSM, though!
did some reading at the wikia site.
some possible reasons of why they got away::
-the character technically not a person.
-the drink being nectar instead of alcohol.
Page 2 of 2