Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Theorist
#26 Old 10th Nov 2017 at 2:06 PM
Can someone find out if trying to edit a pet in a house with more than 8 sims/pets in it breaks the family? xD 'cause that's another deal breaker for me.

Not increasing the family size to ten like the two previous packs, especially when pets can't be controlled was one of the worst ideas they had for the pack

Quote: Originally posted by annoellyn
so far I can't figure out if pets have a simology panel somewhere for age or skills, etc. I can't find any.

You can stop looking because they already said the pets have no UI xD
Advertisement
dodgy builder
#27 Old 10th Nov 2017 at 2:07 PM Last edited by Volvenom : 10th Nov 2017 at 3:36 PM.
I have a friendly and loyal Boxer and it never stops bothering Mari. It's there all the time. When Mari is at work it sleeps on the couch, but I can't seem to correct that when Mari comes home.

Edit: silly me, I didn't remember how dogs are when they want attention. With a bit more attention it's fine.
Field Researcher
#28 Old 10th Nov 2017 at 2:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by annoellyn
I made my friend buy me this game for my birthday and I was surprised how much I like it. Everyone was so up in arms about the pets not being controllable but so far I haven't really missed it, at least on my end. I love the toddler interactions, so cute.

The pets not being controllable make this pack awesome! I was bored to tears by pets in Sims 3. On Sims 4 I actually am getting personally attached to my pet creations! In real life you have to pay close attention to your pets and their needs so this game makes it mimic real life superbly! Not to mention the addition of obsessions and fears adds a new layer of personality. I think people opposed to not being able to control them will be just as surprised as you by how much more entertaining it makes the animals.
Field Researcher
#29 Old 10th Nov 2017 at 2:47 PM
Have you guys noticed any whims for adopting pets?
Mad Poster
#30 Old 10th Nov 2017 at 2:51 PM
I'm finding the lack of control a non-issue. Even the concern about not knowing what the animals need is a non-issue so far. Maybe something will come up at some random point in game play later, but so far, so good. I've started with Brandt and Brent's home and their little French Bulldog, Rosie. One time, Brandt came downstairs to see Rosie by the door looking sad. There was a yellow question mark over her head and Brandt had the option of asking her what's wrong, so he could take care of her need. So easy. I haven't had any indications of hunger, so I'm just trying to be responsible the way you would with a real dog and have her Sim feed her two times a day, take her for a daily walk, play with her and periodically give her a bath. After some encourging, Rosie has learned to go outside to pee so that part is nothing to worry about.

Other than that, Brindle...Brindleton? Bay is gorgeous. I love the braided rugs - those are new, right? And the pets are really cute and feel more fleshed out than they have been in past games.

Quote: Originally posted by KaiRuh
Not yet, but I haven't played much yet and only at Brandt and Brent's.

Addicted to The Sims since 2000.
Field Researcher
#31 Old 10th Nov 2017 at 6:07 PM

I haven't noticed any whims about adopting pets but they are definitely having a lot of whims about their pets in general.
Scholar
#32 Old 10th Nov 2017 at 6:36 PM
Have you guys noticed any missing animations? I saw in a gameplay video that the dog just teleported down from the couch, which looked very weird and jarring.

So be it. Move. ~Jason Bourne
Simblr
Scholar
#33 Old 10th Nov 2017 at 7:46 PM Last edited by spidergirl79 : 10th Nov 2017 at 11:01 PM.
All I can say is finally I have an accurate representation of my cat, Kes. I'm not quite finished her, but she's in the game. I'll be tweaking her fur pattern as I document more pictures of it. Oh! And plum you for disagreeing you miserable grinch. :lovestruc

Mad Poster
#34 Old 10th Nov 2017 at 9:26 PM
I am installing now. They will need to fix that so we can fast forward when there are no awake sims on the lot. Just sitting and watching a cat or dog alone for the whole time a sim is at work or asleep will drive me nuts.

Hey, I just changed to an inventor! LOL
Field Researcher
#35 Old 10th Nov 2017 at 9:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ShigemiNotoge
Can someone find out if trying to edit a pet in a house with more than 8 sims/pets in it breaks the family? xD 'cause that's another deal breaker for me.

Not increasing the family size to ten like the two previous packs, especially when pets can't be controlled was one of the worst ideas they had for the pack

You can stop looking because they already said the pets have no UI xD

I am also completely bummed about 8 sims including pets. Now my family is stuck at being maxed out. I will stop looking, ugh, I suck at paying attention to expansion announcements lol.
Field Researcher
#36 Old 10th Nov 2017 at 9:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by daisylee
I am installing now. They will need to fix that so we can fast forward when there are no awake sims on the lot. Just sitting and watching a cat or dog alone for the whole time a sim is at work or asleep will drive me nuts.

Yeah this sucks so hard! lol. I miss the super fast forward when working or sleeping.
Field Researcher
#37 Old 10th Nov 2017 at 9:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by VerDeTerre
I'm finding the lack of control a non-issue. Even the concern about not knowing what the animals need is a non-issue so far. Maybe something will come up at some random point in game play later, but so far, so good. I've started with Brandt and Brent's home and their little French Bulldog, Rosie. One time, Brandt came downstairs to see Rosie by the door looking sad. There was a yellow question mark over her head and Brandt had the option of asking her what's wrong, so he could take care of her need. So easy. I haven't had any indications of hunger, so I'm just trying to be responsible the way you would with a real dog and have her Sim feed her two times a day, take her for a daily walk, play with her and periodically give her a bath. After some encourging, Rosie has learned to go outside to pee so that part is nothing to worry about.

Other than that, Brindle...Brindleton? Bay is gorgeous. I love the braided rugs - those are new, right? And the pets are really cute and feel more fleshed out than they have been in past games.

Not yet, but I haven't played much yet and only at Brandt and Brent's.

I agree, i thought from the get go that noncontrollable pets wouldn't be a real issue. I just hate that they didn't change the sims per household and it includes pets.
Mad Poster
#38 Old 10th Nov 2017 at 10:48 PM
Yes, eight Sims/Pets total is limiting... The whole lot size and world population size is limiting as well. It makes it harder to do an animal rescue or raise a family of cats or dogs. Oh well.

Addicted to The Sims since 2000.
Scholar
#39 Old 10th Nov 2017 at 11:02 PM

Also the lights being on while the pet is awake but the sim is sleeping. Annoys me with the butler too, if the butler enters the masters room (which I end up locking)
Scholar
#40 Old 10th Nov 2017 at 11:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Apsalar
Have you guys noticed any missing animations? I saw in a gameplay video that the dog just teleported down from the couch, which looked very weird and jarring.

I haven't, no. And I was really, really worried about this! So far I haven't seen any teleporting. There are jumping animations for the couch, benches, counters, fridge, and so on. It's probably a simulation lag issue would be my guess. I had one lag hiccup last night when one of the cats in my test family learned not to scratch the couch. You get a notification for it and I had a tiny freeze when that happened. That's it.

My major beef is the plummed up outfits in nightclubs carrying over to Sims walking around in them. I've gotta figure out how to mod that out. I'm hoping that's why my vendors had weird shoes on with their outfits. Still a lot of testing to do! I love the Expansion though, because they hit it out of the park on Build and Buy. The objects are lovely and things actually match! And the world is beautiful, definitely the best for Sims 4 yet.
Mad Poster
#41 Old 11th Nov 2017 at 12:58 AM
I just played a bit and have only been a few places so far, but that world though tiny as far as lots go and so much as we know is fake, BUT it is gorgeous. And the areas that can be roamed are more than I expected. My sim bulldozed and is living in a new small home on the lot by the water. One thing that irritates me is there no access to the road! My sim supposedly teleports up that wall all the time. Little things like that do bug me. As soon as I saw the lot I thought how do you get there?

I was able to fast forward when my sim was napping and the dog was on the sofa with her.
It has been so long since I played 4 I am having to relearn it. (!)
Field Researcher
#42 Old 11th Nov 2017 at 1:12 AM

My sim got the whims to adopt a cat and a dog simultaneously. She has the cat lover and dog lover trait and the new aspiration and I wonder if that’s something to do with it?

The one thing I strongly dislike is not being able to see the pets needs. I’ve played a lot today in a house with two adults, two cats and a dog and it was stressful. The cats wouldn’t shut up. Only one f them had the vocal trait, they always had food, my sims were giving them attention 24/7 and it got to the stage my sims couldn’t leave the house without them. Both of them woke my sims constantly.

I can get on board with not controlling them although I admit as a storyteller/blogger I find this limiting but I really despise not being able to see anything about these pets. I can’t tell if my pets like each other, The cats always have the fine emotion but are clearly not fine, one of them ran away for reasons I have no idea. It’s the first sims game ever I’ve had a runaway pet.

I like the world, I like the vet clinic but I just feel in a house with multiple pets the game was starting to feel like Petz because the game was revolving around trying to work out why my aloof cat was yowling. The centre of the game was the pets not the sims.

I don’t buy that they removed us being able to see pets needs and skills for realism. Not when game is so unrealistic. Vampires can break in, you can be abducted and impregnated by aliens, children can hang out at night clubs, strays roam the world dressed in costumes.. I could go on. Newsflash EA none of the above is realistic.

My sim met three stray dogs and after two interactions she had the ability to adopt. Remember in the old games when you had to build a relationship with pets before they would go with you?

Don’t get me wrong some of the animations are cute, some are very accurate and some ...aren’t. Dog walking through the stairs and through the cabinets etc. I don’t understand why in order to make the game more realistic they took viewing pets skills and needs away from us. Why not take viewing sims needs away too? Make that more realistic!
Scholar
#43 Old 11th Nov 2017 at 1:15 AM
I think Maxis busted the vendor outfits somehow. I was just playing again without any mods and a new game folder and saw this in San Myshuno after seeing the same thing in Brindleton Bay.

If y'all see this in your own games, would you mind hitting "Me Too" or sharing a screenshot here: Answer HQ English>Games>The Sims>The Sims 4>Bug Reports>Issue with Food Vendor Stall Uniforms.

The reason I ask is I have really shitty luck getting QA to reproduce the bugs I submit. I'm so sick of these damn outfit problems I could pull my hair out!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#44 Old 11th Nov 2017 at 2:31 AM
"Thanks Buster, but I'm more of a cat person." XD

Scholar
#45 Old 11th Nov 2017 at 2:37 AM
I freakin love my labradoodle and so does Francis

Um so... I think if you have the pee-woo-hoo bush, and your dog plays in it, he can get bitten by a squirrel and get sick (or defeat the squirrel) or he can get skunked. Peanut got skunked twice. D:
Test Subject
#46 Old 11th Nov 2017 at 2:43 AM
Anyone else have a problem with patients checking in at the vet? I bought the clinic and redesigned it last night. Everything was working fine. Today when I try to play there is a glitch with the check in machine. Pet owners start checking in with the machine and then reset (where they flash standing still with arms out) then they will keep trying to check in and doing it over and over again. I've reset the machine holding shift adn clicking reset object, deleted and repurchased the objects, left the lot and returned, and restarted the game. Nothing is working. Help!
Scholar
#47 Old 11th Nov 2017 at 2:55 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ohxlala
Anyone else have a problem with patients checking in at the vet? I bought the clinic and redesigned it last night. Everything was working fine. Today when I try to play there is a glitch with the check in machine. Pet owners start checking in with the machine and then reset (where they flash standing still with arms out) then they will keep trying to check in and doing it over and over again. I've reset the machine holding shift adn clicking reset object, deleted and repurchased the objects, left the lot and returned, and restarted the game. Nothing is working. Help!

No, but it took forever to get my cat examined. I was on the verge of giving up.
Mad Poster
#48 Old 11th Nov 2017 at 3:09 AM
I did not read all available info. about this EP before release, but thought my sim could go work at the existing pet clinic, like doctors at the hospital. I was not aware she has to own one. I am not wild about that.
Scholar
#49 Old 11th Nov 2017 at 3:10 AM
I did not read all available info. about this EP before release, but thought my sim could go work at the existing pet clinic, like doctors at the hospital. I was not aware she has to own one. I am not wild about that.

Yeah! I don't want to "own" the vet clinic anymore than I "own the hospital". I just want to go there and work daily. My sim can't afford to purchase a clinic!

My vet visit went fine...however

anyone else unable to complete bathing toddlers and pets(dogs)? Its not such an issue with toddlers, but when a dog's been skunked, if you can't complete the bath, he'll still stink and everyone will feel uncomfortable. What happens is toddlers and dogs will end up resetting just toward the end of their bath.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#50 Old 11th Nov 2017 at 4:14 AM
Btw how do you guys teach your dogs to pee outside? I keep telling her to do so but after a while she comes back when her bladder is full again. Although if I ignore her long enough she will go outside to pee.
Page 2 of 6