Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Invisible Pet Beds - Updated 7-7-'18

by Bakie Posted 1st Dec 2017 at 9:48 PM - Updated 7th Jul 2018 at 2:53 PM by Bakie

31 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 18 Feedback Posts, 12 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#2 Old 2nd Dec 2017 at 12:40 AM
Great idea! Thank you for this!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#3 Old 2nd Dec 2017 at 1:29 AM
pretty smart, thanks!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#4 Old 2nd Dec 2017 at 3:55 AM
I don't even have the expansion pack, but if I do get it then thank you!
Instructor
THANKS POST
#5 Old 2nd Dec 2017 at 4:25 AM
Brilliant! I didn't even realise that pets couldn't sleep just anywhere. Thanks for this!
Instructor
THANKS POST
#6 Old 2nd Dec 2017 at 11:39 AM
idea seems awesome yet I find beds for pets useless they prefers sleeping on couch or in bed with my sim instead it's rare they use it not that I complains about it
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#7 Old 3rd Dec 2017 at 11:43 AM
Once again you made something cruelly missing in game ! thank you !
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#8 Old 5th Dec 2017 at 5:17 AM
What a great item! Thanks.
Test Subject
#9 Old 5th Dec 2017 at 7:48 AM
Quote: Originally posted by girlfromverona
Brilliant! I didn't even realise that pets couldn't sleep just anywhere.

They kinda can. I have one household where both the fox and cat sleep on the floor at the foot of the owners' bed at night and share the sofa when they're at work. I have another where the big dog usually picks the couch when owner is at work and sleeps on the bench on the front porch at night. But other than conking out from fatigue in the middle of the sidewalk, this gives a nice option for a designated outdoor space to sleep, which they don't seem (so far, in my experience) to chose on their own. So these mats definitely open up more options!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#10 Old 6th Dec 2017 at 10:27 AM
Quote: Originally posted by imJustMexoxo
Great idea! Thank you for this!

Quote: Originally posted by summer roses
pretty smart, thanks!

Quote: Originally posted by Hot Dawg
I don't even have the expansion pack, but if I do get it then thank you!

Quote: Originally posted by girlfromverona
Brilliant! I didn't even realise that pets couldn't sleep just anywhere. Thanks for this!

Quote: Originally posted by aadrianova
idea seems awesome yet I find beds for pets useless they prefers sleeping on couch or in bed with my sim instead it's rare they use it not that I complains about it

Quote: Originally posted by Loryah
Once again you made something cruelly missing in game ! thank you !

Quote: Originally posted by dinkytink
What a great item! Thanks.

Quote: Originally posted by amy
They kinda can. I have one household where both the fox and cat sleep on the floor at the foot of the owners' bed at night and share the sofa when they're at work. I have another where the big dog usually picks the couch when owner is at work and sleeps on the bench on the front porch at night. But other than conking out from fatigue in the middle of the sidewalk, this gives a nice option for a designated outdoor space to sleep, which they don't seem (so far, in my experience) to chose on their own. So these mats definitely open up more options!

You're welcome everybody! And it's true, they CAN sleep on more places then just the pet beds, but you can't really guide them that way unless using the controllable pets mod.
But this gives you indeed some more options.

Curious at all the mods I made or want to learn how to make mods yourself? Take a look at my BakieGaming YouTube Channel
For the people who would like to support me some more, take a look at my: BakieGaming Patreon page
For a quick mod overview, take a look at my Profile page
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#11 Old 28th Dec 2017 at 7:18 PM
Bakie, I think the beds are conflicted with Shimrob' all beds same energy mod. So I just wanna let you know, and of course it works great since I removed All Beds Same Energy Mod.
Thanks and Happy New Year!!!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#12 Old 30th Dec 2017 at 7:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by groovy13
Bakie, I think the beds are conflicted with Shimrob' all beds same energy mod. So I just wanna let you know, and of course it works great since I removed All Beds Same Energy Mod.
Thanks and Happy New Year!!!

Hi Groovy, I changed nothing to the tuning of the beds, so it's the other mod that needs to be updated then I guess..
But you're welcome! A happy new year to you as well!

Curious at all the mods I made or want to learn how to make mods yourself? Take a look at my BakieGaming YouTube Channel
For the people who would like to support me some more, take a look at my: BakieGaming Patreon page
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 30th Dec 2017 at 7:29 PM
Hey is there an easy way to find the bed? Lol

Cause I put it in front of the fireplace and then I accidentally moved it somewhere. And now I cannot find it lol
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#14 Old 31st Dec 2017 at 12:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by imJustMexoxo
Hey is there an easy way to find the bed? Lol
Cause I put it in front of the fireplace and then I accidentally moved it somewhere. And now I cannot find it lol

Haha, I've got exact that same problem too sometimes with invisible objects But in this case, I should follow your pets to see where they're going to lay down for a nap. In most cases (if there's not another bed too) they will choose the invisible beds over just somewhere on the ground.
And of course in build mode when hovering your mouse over the floor, if there appears a hand you can grab it or if you use the clone tool there will pop-up the name of the object when you hover over it. Hope you will find it eventually!

Test Subject
#15 Old 8th Jan 2018 at 10:25 PM
I can't use it on the bed.
Test Subject
#16 Old 20th Feb 2018 at 2:46 PM
Could you make a free version? Considering there's nothing physical to pay for, it's just giving your pet the options and suggestion to sleep in a specific place, it would make more sense.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#17 Old 5th Mar 2018 at 3:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mairia
I can't use it on the bed.

That's right, as there's no slot to place it into. Pets needs to be able to use the bed already before they can use it. I'm not really sure how this works with beds as sometimes they will sleep on it and sometimes they don't.
You can try the Controllable Pets mod from AOM on The Sims 4 Studio forum to make this more easy maybe.

Quote: Originally posted by Aerihk
Could you make a free version? Considering there's nothing physical to pay for, it's just giving your pet the options and suggestion to sleep in a specific place, it would make more sense.

I do have to say that you're making a really good point here... As for now I have no plans to do so, but you can always download The Sims 4 Studio yourself and change the price to zero for personal use.

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#18 Old 15th Mar 2018 at 5:17 AM
Thanks for making this mod, it works great! Do you think it would be possible to make an invisible surface that cats can walk on (like they do with counters and fridges)? I would love to make it look like my cats are in trees!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#19 Old 17th Mar 2018 at 3:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by flaminpenguin316
Thanks for making this mod, it works great! Do you think it would be possible to make an invisible surface that cats can walk on (like they do with counters and fridges)? I would love to make it look like my cats are in trees!

I think the best way to accomplish that is using some custom cats poses and the Sim teleporter to get them to the right spot. But I don't know if there're any "cats in trees" pose packs right now..

Lab Assistant
#20 Old 10th Aug 2018 at 7:25 PM
Default Heads up
I love it that you can place it up on tables/coffee tables. It saves space! Other pet beds don't snap to slots on tables. This is so nice that it doesn't block doorways, and sims can walk over them without an issue. Thank you for making it!

It is not a huge issue to someone who doesn't mind turning on testing cheats and have the playable pets mod from sims4studio, but those who don't, they need to know an important thing here

I have placed the small pet bed on the coffee table, the arrow pointing to the middle of the two tiles. My cats autonomously slept in the cat bed, and when he woke up, he was standing on the pet bed, stranded. I have tried to call him, direct him to get down from the coffee table, send him to eat, "pick him up", do whatever to help him off of there to no avail. I have to teleport him off the coffeetable to save him as sims cannot interract with him.
I thought I will turn the arrow away from the middle of the coffee table, but it doesn't help. When they want to leave they promptly get stranded, every time. Now these were "wild" kitties, and would climb onto counters regularly to investigate food, so I know it is not because they have learnt not to jump onto counters.

It is in no way Bakie's doing, the issue isn't with Bakie's beds. Cats get stranded on objects in other people's games without the bed, it is just that putting the bed onto surfaces makes this issue emerge. This bug is already in the game (pets get stranded as you teach any cats not to jump onto counters, trapping them on the very spot!)

This is a heads up for those who have no way of saving their kitties with sims4studio's mod: DO NOT PLACE THESE ON SURFACES!

Anita
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#21 Old 12th Aug 2018 at 7:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Antira
I love it that you can place it up on tables/coffee tables. It saves space! Other pet beds don't snap to slots on tables. This is so nice that it doesn't block doorways, and sims can walk over them without an issue. Thank you for making it!

It is not a huge issue to someone who doesn't mind turning on testing cheats and have the playable pets mod from sims4studio, but those who don't, they need to know an important thing here

I have placed the small pet bed on the coffee table, the arrow pointing to the middle of the two tiles. My cats autonomously slept in the cat bed, and when he woke up, he was standing on the pet bed, stranded. I have tried to call him, direct him to get down from the coffee table, send him to eat, "pick him up", do whatever to help him off of there to no avail. I have to teleport him off the coffeetable to save him as sims cannot interract with him.
I thought I will turn the arrow away from the middle of the coffee table, but it doesn't help. When they want to leave they promptly get stranded, every time. Now these were "wild" kitties, and would climb onto counters regularly to investigate food, so I know it is not because they have learnt not to jump onto counters.

It is in no way Bakie's doing, the issue isn't with Bakie's beds. Cats get stranded on objects in other people's games without the bed, it is just that putting the bed onto surfaces makes this issue emerge. This bug is already in the game (pets get stranded as you teach any cats not to jump onto counters, trapping them on the very spot!)

This is a heads up for those who have no way of saving their kitties with sims4studio's mod: DO NOT PLACE THESE ON SURFACES!

Anita

Thanks for the heads up Anita!
It's always nice if people share their findings with the rest of the community to help them with certain problems.

Test Subject
#22 Old 22nd Oct 2019 at 2:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Bakie
Thanks for the heads up Anita!
It's always nice if people share their findings with the rest of the community to help them with certain problems.

Will you be fixing the problem in an update sometime soon?
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#23 Old 1st Nov 2019 at 7:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Chihime
Will you be fixing the problem in an update sometime soon?

Well, as Anita already mentioned, it isn't a problem on my part, but on EA's. So no, I won't be fixing it as I can't

Inventor
THANKS POST
#24 Old 22nd Mar 2020 at 8:11 PM
Even with that note on where not to place them, these beds allow for such a wide variety of options!!!! Thank you!!!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#25 Old 2nd Apr 2020 at 10:39 AM
Quote: Originally posted by RedMallie
Even with that note on where not to place them, these beds allow for such a wide variety of options!!!! Thank you!!!

You're welcome! Have fun with them!

Page 1 of 2