Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Buff Replacement Pack

by chingyu1023 Posted 6th Dec 2017 at 9:25 PM - Updated 20th Jun 2019 at 7:27 PM by chingyu1023 : compatible with June ’19 Patch 1.52.100 Island Living

34 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 21 Feedback Posts, 12 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Page 1 of 2
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 6th Dec 2017 at 10:13 PM
This is a great idea!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#3 Old 6th Dec 2017 at 11:34 PM
Can be very useful, thank you!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#4 Old 6th Dec 2017 at 11:37 PM
I'm not really one for realism for my sims but the buffs definitely needed some work. Thanks so much for doing this!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#5 Old 7th Dec 2017 at 6:49 AM
Thank you! I'm using this with "Emotional Inertia," "No Happy Environment Buffs," and "Uncomfortable Overhaul" and now my sims' emotions matter. They can finally be negative once in a while.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#6 Old 7th Dec 2017 at 11:20 AM
I love it! Definitely overdue to have one like this, Sims 4 has long advertised the emotion aspect but your mod elevated it to a new level, thank you <3
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#7 Old 7th Dec 2017 at 2:24 PM
Nice! Thanks for all your hard work! <3
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#8 Old 7th Dec 2017 at 3:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by justjasper
This is a great idea!

Thanks!
Quote: Originally posted by imJustMexoxo
Can be very useful, thank you!

Glad that it's useful for someone!
Quote: Originally posted by lemememeringue
I'm not really one for realism for my sims but the buffs definitely needed some work. Thanks so much for doing this!

I personally like "more realistic gaming style" but I would probably make an unrealistic one with all buffs' duration lowered down in the future. See if it would be useful for you! :P
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#9 Old 7th Dec 2017 at 3:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CheezBallzFTW
Thank you! I'm using this with "Emotional Inertia," "No Happy Environment Buffs," and "Uncomfortable Overhaul" and now my sims' emotions matter. They can finally be negative once in a while.

Yes! I highly recommend people to use my mod with roBurky's! Just a little advice to use a no emotional death setting in MC Command or a separate mod if you prefer no death tragedy. Stronger emotions in this mod plus Emotional Inertia might make sims easier to get Very___(an emotion)___ than vanilla gameplay.
Quote: Originally posted by GrumpySuzy
I love it! Definitely overdue to have one like this, Sims 4 has long advertised the emotion aspect but your mod elevated it to a new level, thank you <3

I hope that it can make their emotions more meaningful!
Quote: Originally posted by Retrospacive
Nice! Thanks for all your hard work! <3

Thanks for your support!
Rabid Recoloring Renegade
retired moderator THANKS POST
#10 Old 7th Dec 2017 at 7:05 PM
Great work! I always use the longest lifespan possible because, for some reason, I like using only 1 Sim at a time. This will make life more interesting, so I will be using the A version. Thanks!
Test Subject
#11 Old 8th Dec 2017 at 10:36 PM
Hiya! Is it safe to rename the file for the longest lifespan version? I tried to add it to my mods folder but for some reason my laptop is being a butt and saying the "filename is larger than the supported file system"
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#12 Old 9th Dec 2017 at 3:39 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Simmiller
Great work! I always use the longest lifespan possible because, for some reason, I like using only 1 Sim at a time. This will make life more interesting, so I will be using the A version. Thanks!

Thanks! I will make a super long (or should I say strong) version for it! Look forward to it! :P
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#13 Old 9th Dec 2017 at 3:39 AM
Quote: Originally posted by zombieobrien
Hiya! Is it safe to rename the file for the longest lifespan version? I tried to add it to my mods folder but for some reason my laptop is being a butt and saying the "filename is larger than the supported file system"

Yes! You can rename it.
Test Subject
#14 Old 9th Dec 2017 at 7:04 AM
Quote: Originally posted by chingyu1023
Yes! You can rename it.

Ok awesome! Thanks so much
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#15 Old 9th Dec 2017 at 12:39 PM
Awesome work. I'm using this together with roBurky's mods and no emotional deaths as well and it makes a big difference. :) Especially since I like to play with a custom, even longer, lifespan and therefor it was even more ridiculous how quickly my Sims got over huge events.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#16 Old 14th Dec 2017 at 1:52 PM
Simply one of the best!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#17 Old 25th Dec 2017 at 7:54 AM
Quote: Originally posted by PsychoticKitten
Awesome work. I'm using this together with roBurky's mods and no emotional deaths as well and it makes a big difference. Especially since I like to play with a custom, even longer, lifespan and therefor it was even more ridiculous how quickly my Sims got over huge events.

Thanks! Hope that the new version would be helpful for you!
Quote: Originally posted by Galit123
Simply one of the best!

Thanks!
Test Subject
#18 Old 23rd Feb 2018 at 3:12 AM
Hi! This mod is a great idea! I play with long, custom lifespans and roBurky's mood mods, and this has been a great addition to making events count for more. Though I've been having a weird issue with lastExceptions whenever my Sims have WooHoo for the first time? I've done some testing and I think this mod might be causing the error.
Test Subject
#19 Old 27th Feb 2018 at 12:30 AM
Found a bug where I can't have kids. After female Sim tries for baby, option for pregnancy test doesn't come up. I moved all my mods then had a kid. Then added them all back. But the pregnant Sim glitched out. I added all my mods in batches to find it worked fine only without this mod.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#20 Old 27th Feb 2018 at 8:45 AM
Quote: Originally posted by JannaBun
Found a bug where I can't have kids. After female Sim tries for baby, option for pregnancy test doesn't come up. I moved all my mods then had a kid. Then added them all back. But the pregnant Sim glitched out. I added all my mods in batches to find it worked fine only without this mod.

I would check for it next week. I need to examine several files. Thanks for reporting bugs!
Test Subject
#21 Old 26th Mar 2018 at 7:25 PM
Is this compatible with 1.41 patch?
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#22 Old 27th Mar 2018 at 10:43 PM
Please update, causing lots of Last Exceptions in game. Would really like to use this mod, seems great!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#23 Old 21st Jun 2018 at 7:26 PM
Seems to be working fine with the latest (Seasons) patch, at least for me!
(But it would still be great if you could double check it )
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#24 Old 23rd Jun 2018 at 10:16 AM
does it work with seasons 1.44???
Test Subject
#25 Old 28th Jun 2018 at 8:17 PM
I haven't had any issues with it
Page 1 of 2