Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th Dec 2017 at 4:07 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Minor but weird issue - Cowplant not showing up in career rewards menu
The good news is - the game otherwise works like a complete charm despite the relatively high amount of custom content I have.

The bad news is, I wanted to make a botanical garden kind of community lot, and long story short I looked at a Sims' career rewards panel and found every other career reward was there EXCEPT the Cowplant which just completely vanished.

The only files that would remotely be guilty in my knowledge where the two custom careers + matching rewards from The Sims Life Stories (the Entertainer and Game Development ones) I downloaded. I pulled them out of the Downloads folder, reloaded the game and the Cowplant is still nowhere to be found.

As far as I know the Natural Science career still works - I looked if it was still there by using boolProp testingCheatsEnabled and shift-clicking on the newspaper and there it was, but I didn't have my Sim pick it.

I'm really at my wits' ends what could be causing this because I haven't downloaded anything that really tampers with career rewards - other than MajorJeff's Simouns Chocolate Factory which I am 99.9% sure didn't delete my cowplant. It's such a minor issue and yet - argh, it bothers me so much. I hardly ever use the Cowplant because it breaks my immersion but now for one of the FEW times I want it it's nowhere to be found. I mean I COULD make a botanical garden without it, but it'd be missing it's center-piece!
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#2 Old 14th Dec 2017 at 4:10 AM
Well the test would be to rename your sims 2 folder, load the game forcing it to make a new one and see if the cow plant shows up in there, if it does some other CC has probably messed with it.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 14th Dec 2017 at 4:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Well the test would be to rename your sims 2 folder, load the game forcing it to make a new one and see if the cow plant shows up in there, if it does some other CC has probably messed with it.

The Origin Games one or the User/My Documents one?
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#4 Old 14th Dec 2017 at 4:46 AM
Ah well if you are on the UC, make a backup, go into Origin, right click the game and see if fix is an option. Do that first.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 14th Dec 2017 at 4:32 PM Last edited by sergeantaegis : 14th Dec 2017 at 5:00 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Ah well if you are on the UC, make a backup, go into Origin, right click the game and see if fix is an option. Do that first.

Clicked repair, loaded from Origin, had to deal with the disgusting basic resolution and broken low-res textures which isn't a problem when I launch from desktop, and nope the Cowplant is still not there.

EDIT: I made a backup of the Custom Content I have, deleted everything in my Downloads, loaded the game, sure enough the Cowplant was there. So it's definitely something in my CC that deleted it, but I'm completely clueless what could do it.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#6 Old 14th Dec 2017 at 5:33 PM
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 14th Dec 2017 at 8:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
This may help:
Game Help:Finding Problem Custom Contentwiki

Thanks I'll try that another day.