Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Cooler Sicknesses Mod (v.2.2.2)

by Nies Posted 5th Jan 2018 at 8:46 PM - Updated 21st Jun 2019 at 11:50 PM by Nies : updated for 1.52.100

105 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 75 Feedback Posts, 29 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 5
Scholar
THANKS POST
#2 Old 5th Jan 2018 at 10:45 PM
Thank you!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#3 Old 5th Jan 2018 at 10:54 PM
I thought the sicknesses were too short to make much of an impact on my Sims. Thanks for the tuning!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#4 Old 5th Jan 2018 at 11:04 PM
thanks but I might have a small request right now my Sim is ill and still running around happy because those +1 or +2 in uncomfortable aren't really that big of a deal so could you maybe change that too? i
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#5 Old 5th Jan 2018 at 11:35 PM
Thanks for this. When they were sick I was like "No need for medicine you'll be fine"
Now it is forreal
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 5th Jan 2018 at 11:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Buddy92
thanks but I might have a small request right now my Sim is ill and still running around happy because those +1 or +2 in uncomfortable aren't really that big of a deal so could you maybe change that too? i

Great idea, I put it on a ToDo
Inventor
THANKS POST
#7 Old 6th Jan 2018 at 5:04 PM
Nice Nies! You should add a chance to actually die if not treated with medicine^^
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 6th Jan 2018 at 7:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by LittleMsSam
Nice Nies! You should add a chance to actually die if not treated with medicine^^

ToDo
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#9 Old 7th Jan 2018 at 6:48 PM
thank you i was hoping someone was going to make a mod for this! is there a way you can add different files to make them longer like maybe a 48 hour sickness or a week..etc?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#10 Old 7th Jan 2018 at 11:26 PM
I was waiting for this so long, thank you very much!!! I support all the suggestions the users did, and I wish the illness´ll be longer, like two or three days, It will be interesting for the gameplay. I will be follow the progress of this great mod, thank you again!!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#11 Old 8th Jan 2018 at 9:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by syberiana009
I was waiting for this so long, thank you very much!!! I support all the suggestions the users did, and I wish the illness´ll be longer, like two or three days, It will be interesting for the gameplay. I will be follow the progress of this great mod, thank you again!!

I am actually planning to look more into the whole sickness system.
As for right now, I only overwrote the time for the symptoms, like fever, headache, ...
The whole sickness system is another thing, since your sim can be sick but not show any symptoms.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#12 Old 8th Jan 2018 at 9:25 PM
finally! looks promising, ill give it a try :)
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#13 Old 9th Jan 2018 at 10:43 AM
Oh... my... god... I was learning modding, to actually do THIS... THANK YOU that you did it!!! :))
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#14 Old 10th Jan 2018 at 1:25 PM
+1 For the request of a chance to become deathly ill and die. Thanks so much for doing this.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#15 Old 12th Jan 2018 at 1:46 PM
This is helpful! Thank you very much for creating this. I am so happy that someone else got a little annoyed (and maybe a little jelly) that our Sims were only sick for 2 hours instead of days on end.
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 20th Jan 2018 at 5:43 PM
+1 For the request of a chance to become deathly ill and die. Thanks so much for doing this.
Scholar
#17 Old 23rd Jan 2018 at 1:02 PM
I love the update for version 2.0! Sickness has been so meaningless in the game and this makes it so much more realistic!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#18 Old 24th Jan 2018 at 12:15 AM Last edited by melissaq64 : 18th Feb 2018 at 4:50 AM.
This is great, i've always wanted the sim's sicknesses to be something more than a minor inconvenience. Though it will be cool if there was a chance for illnesses to get worse or have sims run the chance of dying.
Test Subject
#19 Old 24th Jan 2018 at 2:03 AM
This is amazing.. Thank you. As a suggestion/request in case you are looking for any, have you considered adding different medications that are maybe more expensive and such for the worse diseases? Also maybe some medications can only alleviate symptoms but not cure them altogether and you just have to ride them out but with less of a debuff after you take medication. Love this mod.
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 24th Jan 2018 at 6:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleMsSam

Quote: Originally posted by Nies
ToDo

Could you consider making that a lovely addon a la numerous LittleMsSam mods rather than building it in as "guaranteed doom if you don't take your meds RIGHT NOW" ?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#21 Old 24th Jan 2018 at 1:30 PM
Thanks for all the replies, yes I did think about some of your stuff posted in here such as the different medication types; for now, I planned to take a little break and then tackle the deadly diseases idea.

I can add a "regular" and a "deadly" version of course. Good idea. I will probably keep the old version up as well, so in case I don't fix much, I could just simply add it as an additional download so you will not need it.

I'm glad for the positive feedback, I wasn't sure whether people will like it cause it does add uncomfortable, bad moods and makes them longer, some folks don't like that, but life isn't all fairies and unicorns in general, is it? :P
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#22 Old 25th Jan 2018 at 12:17 AM Last edited by melissaq64 : 26th Jan 2018 at 3:55 PM.
I forgot to add this to my original post, but it would be a neat idea if the medicine that a sim can order, does not completely remove the sickness buff, but reduce the length of the illness. Similar to how certain actions lower the length of mood in roBurky's uncomfortable mods.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#23 Old 26th Jan 2018 at 2:06 AM
Awesome! Would it be possible to also increase the sickness idle animations? I find that sims sneeze and cough or wipe their brow if they have a fever every so often but when I'm sick I'm just ATCHOO - ATCHOO - ATCHOO - ATCHOO - ATCHOO and everyone gets mad at me because I'm just non stop sneezing/coughing lol. Thanks. (:
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#24 Old 27th Jan 2018 at 10:41 PM
This is wonderful! As someone who used to write custom diseases for Sims 3 (presumably you're aware of the whole sickness system from the NRass suite?), I would love a better sickness system to work from! (I am capable of basic things, but not serious modding, and don't have the time to learn.)

Also, have you thought about fixing the food poisoning system from the dine out stuff pack? It's also WAY too short!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#25 Old 29th Jan 2018 at 5:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Arithmancer
This is wonderful! As someone who used to write custom diseases for Sims 3 (presumably you're aware of the whole sickness system from the NRass suite?), I would love a better sickness system to work from! (I am capable of basic things, but not serious modding, and don't have the time to learn.)

Also, have you thought about fixing the food poisoning system from the dine out stuff pack? It's also WAY too short!

sorry to tell you I didn't play TS3 much. It crashed a lot on my laptop, so I didn't even start modding that. (played TS4 for 2 years straight vanilla)
The food poisoning system is a cool idea, I might think about adding that. Need to look into it a bit more, I kinda wanna keep the package available for everyone with additional content instead of adding a required pack to it.

wish the sickness system ingame was easier. *sigh*
Page 1 of 5