Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
#26 Old 10th Jan 2018 at 7:52 PM
InSIMinator. Always

"Oh look, my grandchild is now an elder. They grow up so fast. Gee, I wonder when I'll finally graduate college." Sims 2
Advertisement
Scholar
#27 Old 10th Jan 2018 at 8:15 PM
inteen,ACR,anti corruption mods,simblender and many more

I May Be Life Dumb But I'm Sim Smart(mostly).
My Tumblr
Field Researcher
#28 Old 10th Jan 2018 at 8:41 PM
comm-skilling was the first hack (and actually, possibly the first CC) that I ever added to my game. It still gets put in pretty much immediately every time I move to a new computer and decide to do a Downloads reset. Not every Sim can afford their own home gym or swimming pool, so I like to send them out to do those things.

After that ACR, Smart Beds, Sim Blender and the Visitor Controller to make rules for my sims and then let them do their own thing. And Water Inaccessible Flowers, so I can have better looking gardens.

My most recent additions have been CAS sliders, SkyFix2 and Better Nightlife. I love the new horizons too, but count them as neighbourhood deco.
Mad Poster
#29 Old 10th Jan 2018 at 8:47 PM
Aside from a bunch mentioned here, I don't know what I'd do without Macrotastic's "Procastinate" option. I can send them out to the curb to wait for the carpool and not worry about them missing work because they wandered back in to play computer games. And using it to have a Sim clean is good for tracking down any annoying fly noises.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Mad Poster
#30 Old 11th Jan 2018 at 9:58 AM
Monique's hacked computer. If I could only have one, it would be that. Insim, simblender, manipulator and that kind of thing you can replicate most of it by using boolprop, whereas Monique's computer adds banking, the ability to buy things from home, badge studying and skill studying. I need some kind of banking tool or I would get bored very quickly, and the badge/skill options gives me more freedom in how my Sims learn skills. No need for everyone to have a chess table or telescope, now they can learn logic by doing sudoku online. And no more hundreds of customers whining because no cashiering badge, now Sims can take online classes to improve their efficiency!

Yep. Monique's PC all the way.

Creations can be found on my on tumblr.
Mad Poster
#31 Old 11th Jan 2018 at 8:14 PM
SO many! Big families, ACR - because I can set a respectable couple to NOT cheat (nod to DameMika). HoodChecker, Clean Installer, Lot expander (hope you're having a great time, Mootilda!),

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Forum Resident
#32 Old 12th Jan 2018 at 2:57 PM
I agree about Monique's Computer _ it's a must have for me along with Monique's ATM. A lot of us who have been playing for a number of years have a lot of mods like ACR, Sim Blender, Visitor Controller, annoyance mods, and anti-corruption mods that are pretty much standard. I have so many game enhancing mod's ... my game is heavily modded ... that it's hard for me choose. However I love some of my mods that I think are unique that have really added another layer of game play for me, like Simlogical School Mods, Teleporter Cat, Kid's Can Cook mod, MSD's Surf's Up surfing mod, Chris Hatch Mods (baby clothes changer, JS Bouquet, alternate pregnancy controller), YA animations walk mod, Elder Walk Animations Mod, Fish without shaders mod, 4key door lock mod, Monique's child support (I modified it so that Sims can actually pay bills and buy clothes for their children), Investment Silver, usable washer/dryers, Phaenoh's Summer Vacation Mod, My Lamare Mod's folder that I've labeled Lamare Life Style Mods ... newspaper and phone mod; the updated get in the sea patch has made my beach lots functional for all sims, job options, ask before promotion and of course her mod set that allows YA pregnancy on Uni (I love mods that work behind the scene) and now that teens won't age in private housing on Uni I can have my college towns. Gummi's faster novel , Ctfg Novel Royalties Administrator, Maintenance Free Dishwasher, and I couldn't live without Honeywell's Island Desks, Island Appliances and indoor grilling mod and then there is Simouns Chocolate Factory Mod and the High Roller's Craps Table. I'm only scratching the surface of mod's I have that enhance my game play. A few of the newer mods I've added have actually enhanced some of the mods I've been using for years. I'm just gonna stop now because if I don't I'll be here all day.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#33 Old 12th Jan 2018 at 4:59 PM
I favour things that extend gameplay and am not so bothered about tweaks though I do have some (e.g. Carrigon's fire control mods) and I only have a limited number of things that extend functionality (can't think of an example but I can think of one I don't have - Monique's computer. I've never liked it or had a use for it). So I like Inteen and ACR but I also like things like the schools and prison, the hospital mod and smaller stuff like the surfing mod.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Forum Resident
#34 Old 12th Jan 2018 at 5:50 PM
I used to use Carrigon's burn forever fire mod; but when Sunni created the Functional Fire Mod it eliminated the need for it.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#35 Old 12th Jan 2018 at 6:06 PM
Yeah I looked at that but decided against it. I do hope Sunni recovers.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Field Researcher
#36 Old 12th Jan 2018 at 11:30 PM
I need to mention: Don't Eat Crap.

It does many good things 1) no one eats rotting fly food anymore (and so they don't get sick from self inflicted food poisoning) 2)only lazy sims overeat (and gain weight) and 3) cuts down on meal time conversation, so sims can eat together and not starve while they talk
Mad Poster
#37 Old 13th Jan 2018 at 12:21 AM
I forgot to mention the converted CS trees. With even just one on a lot, so far they've 100% eliminated the need for my sims to ever guy groceries. (If interacting with them raised Nature enthusiasm, they'd be perfect!)
Mad Poster
#38 Old 13th Jan 2018 at 8:17 PM
Macrotastics--for sparing my bad wrist.

I love a lot of mods, but I really, honestly couldn't play without that one. I tried once a couple years ago for playtesting a challenge, ended up wearing my brace for a couple weeks.

(Half of why I like ACR is probably that it automates woohoo the same way.)

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Test Subject
#39 Old 15th Jan 2018 at 2:05 AM
I absolutely love the Perfect Plants mod! I can add shrubs and flowers without having to worry about how I am going to take care of them afterwards.
Mad Poster
#40 Old 15th Jan 2018 at 11:30 AM
I've looked at macrotastics. There was some stuff I didn't want so I didn't get it. The description made it sound like the pixels wouldn't do anything if it was undirected, like they had no free will. I don't want that. I want them to live their lives, chat, play, whatever, if I'm not directing them.

Is there someway I can pick and choose the features I do want and leave the rest?

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Forum Resident
#41 Old 15th Jan 2018 at 12:04 PM
I think my sims showed more autonomy when using macrotastistics. Think Macrotastics made my lazy guy choose baths instead of showers every day after work. I pulled it out when my dirt poor teenager kept helping her little sister with her homework unasked. Her personality meant that she was hardworking so it made sense in a way, but it interfered with my story to make them all fail at school. It did however bring out more personality, because it left her lazy brother alone. Pescado likes ultimate efficiency, but I don't. Made my sims run everywhere.

It also caused my sim to fall down dead for no reason. But that was a conflict with the herbs from PBK, which they have now amended. (Think they was working on a poison/healing system). Macrotastics killed my sim and made them too smart and fast, so now I avoid it.
Mad Poster
#42 Old 15th Jan 2018 at 12:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by smorbie1
I've looked at macrotastics. There was some stuff I didn't want so I didn't get it. The description made it sound like the pixels wouldn't do anything if it was undirected, like they had no free will. I don't want that. I want them to live their lives, chat, play, whatever, if I'm not directing them.

Is there someway I can pick and choose the features I do want and leave the rest?

No, they still have free will unless you tell them to do something. It just adds a pie menu (or a box) where you can tell them to do certain actions - telling them to clean makes them rush around and clean until there's nothing left, eat makes them look for leftovers or cook if there are none, etc.

Procrastinate makes them stand around. The main thing I use it for is because whenever I have a kid ask their parent to ask for homework, without fail the parent would wander off and start doing something and it would drop from the kid's queue. Used to take an in-game hour to line them up right. Now I just tell the parent to procrastinate and it works.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Mad Poster
#43 Old 15th Jan 2018 at 4:57 PM
I use procrastinate mostly for toddlers who will go to the activity table or dollhouse when they're collapsing from exhaustion or need to pee instead of letting their parent/teen sibling take care of their needs.

Macro-->do homework: will get the kid or teen to get his needs high enough to do the homework by kicking any kickable object on the lot and using the bathroom. If there is an older sim not doing anything then the kid or teen will ask for help. And if the little stinker thought he'd hide it behind a bush somewhere, macrotastics knows where he hid it! Macro-->skill gets the sim to take care of needs and then perform the skilling task, by the most efficient means of gaining the skillpoint. So a sim will use the execuputter over the mirror. If the sim is in good enough aspiration and there is a light-bulb-hat aspiration reward on the lot, he'll put that on first, if the skill benefits by it. (The non-point skills don't, according to Pescado.)
Power Idle will have the sim fulfill needs and call friends, then sit quietly on the couch until a command is pushed, such as go to work. I almost never use that one.
Auto-yak lets you tell your sim to call friends, and your sim will call all their friends who are available, and not stop talking when social is full, but rather when the STR bar is maxed.
Macro-->eat pulls food from inventory, or has the sim make the most filling meal they can to put in inventory where it can be pulled from. Something about the pull doesn't work quite right for kids, so they'll only eat if the meal is out when the hack pushes them to.
Macro-->garden means you no longer have to look at the plants, just let the sim take care of them all as they need.
There's one for college which I love for those sims with broken grade bars where you can't see how full they are, that pushes the proper activities to max the grade bar.

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Forum Resident
#44 Old 15th Jan 2018 at 5:25 PM
the mod that lets your sim watch the TV from any angle from any seating in the room.
I am but a simple person with simple joys u v u
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#45 Old 15th Jan 2018 at 9:51 PM
Watch TV from an angle http://modthesims.info/d/462269

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#46 Old 15th Jan 2018 at 10:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by smorbie1

Since having the mod in the game doesn't do anything unless you actually click on one of the menu options...yes. Just click the ones you want and ignore the rest. I use "concentrate" pretty often. Sometimes I use "harvest money trees" or "pay bills." Occasionally I'll use "call friends" or "kick stuff" if there's actually a kickable object and I don't have something useful and fun for the sim to do and they have limited time. The nicest bit about "kick stuff" is it automates standing the object back up again as needed, but it doesn't recognize custom kickables (I have a pile of blocks and possibly others), so it's less useful since I don't want a gnome or flamingo on every lot. I also use "caffeinate" on occasion, but I usually prefer to have my sims sleep. "Garden" can be useful if I actually have garden plants on the lot, but even then I usually forget it's an option.

I've poked at "clean" and "skillinate" and "hobinate," but I find I don't like them so I don't bother with them. I've never even tried the college rampage.

I feel like "warm up" and "cool down" would be useful options, but I guess I can't have everything.

Edit: Completely forgot, but I also use "socialize > friendly" pretty often if I have a sim who I want to raise relationship with someone but have other sims demanding my attention. It works very well, but it's not fun to watch, so if I'm actually watching a sim I prefer to direct the conversation myself. It also ignores most/all EP interactions like "tell a story" and "good reputation" which I tend to use a lot.
Alchemist
#47 Old 15th Jan 2018 at 10:19 PM
created a number of hacks/mods. and downloaded some.

no particular favorite.
Page 2 of 2