Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
#26 Old 18th Feb 2018 at 9:34 AM
47 according to my sheet, 12 of them are deceased/unplayable (one is a child taken away from the social worker), so 35 playable Sims, although in the next hours I'm going to play with some elders... The number will increase
I don't know how many Sims in total, but since I don't have antiredundancy hacks I guess there a lot of townies/students/etc.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#27 Old 18th Feb 2018 at 10:03 AM
I play two hoods, both custom. One has 1447 sims and has been around for the entirety of the Sims 2 life (It was originally created in Sims 1 and then "converted" when TS2 came out). The other one I just started around the start of this year and has a comparatively modest 88 sims.
Instructor
#28 Old 18th Feb 2018 at 10:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by MattieOReilly
I play two hoods, both custom. One has 1447 sims and has been around for the entirety of the Sims 2 life (It was originally created in Sims 1 and then "converted" when TS2 came out). The other one I just started around the start of this year and has a comparatively modest 88 sims.

Oh, that sound very interesting! Do you have LJ/Simblr or pics at all? I'd like to see it
Field Researcher
#29 Old 19th Feb 2018 at 12:19 AM
Of my huge hood? What kind of pics would you like to see?
Field Researcher
#30 Old 19th Feb 2018 at 5:02 AM
I have 57 living and 19 deceased sims in my main hood. The first few members of Generation 5 have been born; I have 8 main storyline households (up from 6 last generation) and a few households containing single sims awaiting spouses and superfluous siblings who moved out to make room.

It doesn't sound like all that many compared to some of the numbers around here - but it seems like more when I realise I know what every sim looks like, their aspiration and major life events, and who they're related to.
Instructor
#31 Old 19th Feb 2018 at 9:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by MattieOReilly
Of my huge hood? What kind of pics would you like to see?

In general, how does it look like and some pics comparison between the one in Sims 1 and the one in Sims 2!
Test Subject
#32 Old 19th Feb 2018 at 5:41 PM
Genderswapped Uberhood, 79 lots, 331 sims
Lab Assistant
#33 Old 19th Feb 2018 at 6:19 PM
Just spent a while putting together a spreadsheet for a hood census of my playables in Rolling Hills, my current hood on my new PC, which I started just recently. Here's the full census:

General
13 Sims
7 Male
6 Female
11 Alive
2 Deceased
4 Households

6 Adults
0 Young Adults
4 Teenagers
2 Children
0 Toddlers
1 Baby

Generation
6 Generation 1
7 Generation 2

Life state
13 Human/Sim
No others (currently)

Relationship status
4 Married
0 Engaged
0 Steady
6 Single
3 N/A (Children, toddlers, babies)

Housing
11 Private Home
2 Apartment
0 Dormitory
0 Greek house

Highest education
0 College
6 High school
4 Primary school

High school grade
(Some of this is just roleplay/backstory for the CAS adults)
1 A+
2 A
1 A-
3 B+
0 B
1 B-
0 C+
0 C
1 C-
0 D+
0 D
1 D-

Occupation
5 Employed (1 in Culinary, Gamer, Law, Politics, Criminal)
5 Unemployed (not incl. children, toddlers, babies)

Race
4 S1 (Fair)
4 S2 (Light)
3 S3 (Medium)
2 S4 (Brown)
0 S5 (Dark) - this is the Castaway stories skin

Hair colour (genetic)
1 Light
3 Red
3 Brown
6 Black

Sexual orientation
9 Straight
1 Bi
0 Gay

Some notes:
I don't assign sexual orientations to sims until they become teens, because in general I just go with what I feel like. There will be some gay sims soon, no worries.

Generation 2 is so big because I placed down the Newson family, and I consider all of them to be gen 2, I even made them CAS parents (and then killed them off for backstory purposes, they are the 2 deceased sims).

I actually don't have any townies besides some socialites generated for apartments and the garden club (+ worker NPCs), and this census does not count them.

Also no pets yet. Hopefully soon.
Mad Poster
#34 Old 19th Feb 2018 at 6:30 PM
Over 900 last time I checked (with 30+ extra males than females). It's a megahood with every premade neighbourhood in the game, and it's currently at the stage where the very youngest pre-made sims (toddler, 4 days til childhood) have just finished university last rotation! The first born-in-games ("Unborn Baby Curious" etc) will be graduating this semester, and a lot of premade families have had extra babies since the start of the hood.

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Instructor
#35 Old 19th Feb 2018 at 8:03 PM
My current hood, Belladonna Cove with 3 Maxis Universities and vacation destinations, 1 custom occupied downtown and 2 empty ones, 3 custom occupied business districts and 3 Maxis ones, has 431 Sims and 27 Pets and I've been playing it for 5 months.

LGBTQ+. Fans of RAMMSTEIN, GOJIRA and Architects. Check out my favorite YouTube channels: Second Thought, Adam Something, Climate Town, and Not Just Bikes
Helptato
#36 Old 19th Feb 2018 at 8:48 PM
I play in a number of different hoods for variety, so....I guess maybe about 100-200 Sims each?

Emma!

Simblr
[url=https://peanutbuttersandwich.dreamwidth.org/Dreamwidth[/url]
Alchemist
#37 Old 19th Feb 2018 at 10:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mdsb759
shipped version main neighborhoods; those are now at their shipped version numbers.
more accurately, the number of characters in each household is the same.
some characters have had changes.
long ago, some non-grave dead characters gotten a grave; Goth and Specter lots.
recently changed gender of a few sims.
Field Researcher
#38 Old 20th Feb 2018 at 5:58 AM
My bacc currently has 69 playables (there would be 73 in total if all the sims who are pregnant only pop out one baby.) There has been 10 deaths. No idea about townies, but I would presume there would be at least 30+ of them.

Cove Family (ts4 family tree)
Mad Poster
#39 Old 20th Feb 2018 at 3:15 PM
Ok..so what does BACC stands for please?

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Scholar
#40 Old 20th Feb 2018 at 4:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosebine
Ok..so what does BACC stands for please?

BACC = Build-A-City Challenge. Find the thread here.

No need to use my full name, "Selly" will do just fine.
Mad Poster
#41 Old 20th Feb 2018 at 4:46 PM
Since I keep a spreadsheet of playables, I can give a handful of statistics. For the entire population (including townies and NPCs) I'd have to check one of the census hacks later.

I have 605 playable Sims, spread out over 211 households. That's an average of about 2.8 Sims per household.

Subhood Populations

Age Breakdown

Gender Breakdown

Primary Aspiration

Origin

Gender Preference

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Forum Resident
#42 Old 20th Feb 2018 at 5:37 PM
I'm currently playing a test hood to avoid losing the latest iteration of Holling.

The test hood is getting ridiculously interesting though, so it might get to stay as a custom hood. It's called Prova which means 'test' in Italian and a few other latinate languages.

Currently the population there is a raging 7 sims: the four founding adults, and the resulting three toddlers (one set of boy-girl fraternal twins and a lone baby boy.)

They have a mini-mall.
Top Secret Researcher
#43 Old 20th Feb 2018 at 7:57 PM Last edited by yavannatw : 22nd Feb 2018 at 12:32 AM. Reason: Recount
For Veronaville, my biggest hood about 120 from memory. I need to do a proper count when next I play. I never count deceased, pets, or townies.

Edit: A proper count revealed 146 (two born since the above post) over 43 households, averaging 3 Sims per household.
Field Researcher
#44 Old 21st Feb 2018 at 6:34 AM
137 in Heron Hills. I started with the archetypical 6 and now have my first 5th gen teenager. The last 2nd gens have all passed.
Mad Poster
#45 Old 21st Feb 2018 at 9:03 AM
I honestly thought my Four Corners-Bitville (+LGU) was pretty small, comparatively,but the census report from the Sim Blender says it's got 179 sims. This of course includes many non playables, including all the premade dormies that came with LGU.

MATY Census Tool reports 4 male and 1 female babies, 6 male and 1 female toddlers, 0 male and 2 female children, 2 male and 6 female teens (all those are cashiers/paper carriers), 18 male and 21 female YAs, 61 male and 37 female adults, 7 male and 8 female elders, for a total of 98 male + 76 female = 174 sims in total (plus 5 "unidentifiable").

Of course if I tell the Census Tool to only show playables, the numbers are substantially different, though babies, toddlers, and children are all the same, and as noted above I don't currently have any playable teens. So, with 5 male and 7 female YAs, 12 male and 12 female adults, and 2 male and 1 female elders, that makes 29 male + 24 female = 53 playable sims.

Of those 53 playables, not one at this point is any sort of supernatural. I don't even have any playable alien hybrids yet, though one alien dormie is joining a Greek house. I've got the two high witches and I think just one grand vampire, and that's it.
Mad Poster
#46 Old 21st Feb 2018 at 8:37 PM
91 playable sims in 21 households! And quite a few deceased sims, too, as I have been playing it for 40 in-game days now.
Instructor
#47 Old 21st Feb 2018 at 9:12 PM
Zero. I just started over with empty templates and have just built a cemetary and a community lot. It's a small 'hood, so there's only one community lot for everything.
Mad Poster
#48 Old 21st Feb 2018 at 10:09 PM
With a Downtown and 2 shopping districts, Veronaville is the largest and oldest of my 'hoods, and the one I'm currently playing. With the help of SimPE, I can tell you that it has 397 Sims made up as follows:

Playables 93
Townies 98
NPCs 93
Uneditable 113

The "Uneditables" include 7 "object" Sims with no character files. Most of the rest are dead ancestors of the pre-mades.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Alchemist
#49 Old 21st Feb 2018 at 10:38 PM
the 7 universals; those being the following? Grim Reaper, Hula Zombie, Therapist, Pollination Technician, Mrs Crumplebottom, and 2 "Unknown".
I would guess Open For Business would be the most recent pack of that installation. since the universals from the previous packs seem to get generated during Create-A-Family and during Live Mode.
Mad Poster
#50 Old 21st Feb 2018 at 10:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mdsb759
the 7 universals; those being the following? Grim Reaper, Hula Zombie, Therapist, Pollination Technician, Mrs Crumplebottom, and 2 "Unknown".
I would guess Open For Business would be the most recent pack of that installation. since the universals from the previous packs seem to get generated during Create-A-Family and during Live Mode.
That's right! I get them even in my Sim-free building 'hood (which has no character files). I guess that one of the Unknowns is the radio-controlled toy car, but I'd love to know what the other one is. I've always had the OFB game engine (even before I got the actual EP) because that's what my original Double Deluxe game came with.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Page 2 of 3