Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Feb 2018 at 2:16 AM
Default Cant find running interaction for digging?
I started creating a custom trait using mod constructor V3 and its rather important I have a buff for digging up collectibles, like in the geek trait. I cannot for the life of me find a running interaction for digging to use with a continuous buff. Im totally new to creating traits so if someone could point me in the right direction? I would like my sim to dig up the dirt patches or rocks and receive a happy buff for doing so. I can couple the trait with a sim with the geek trait and use a continuous buff on the find a collectible buff, but kind of defeats the purpose. Thanking you.
Advertisement
Deceased
#2 Old 23rd Feb 2018 at 6:29 AM
A search for "interaction dig" turned up the following, likely one of these will be the one you want:
  • collection_DigSite_AlienWorld_Dig
  • collection_DigSite_Dig
  • collection_DigSite_Dig_Treasure
  • dirtMound_Dig_Human
  • dirtMound_Dig_Walkby
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 23rd Feb 2018 at 8:56 AM
Quote: Originally posted by scumbumbo
A search for "interaction dig" turned up the following, likely one of these will be the one you want:
  • collection_DigSite_AlienWorld_Dig
  • collection_DigSite_Dig
  • collection_DigSite_Dig_Treasure
  • dirtMound_Dig_Human
  • dirtMound_Dig_Walkby

Ah you are an actual star, thank you so much 😊
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 23rd Feb 2018 at 9:41 AM
Okay so perhaps a little more help! As the dig interactions are not preset on mod constructor, I’m not sure how to use the mod to add the interactions in. I know I can add a manual reference rather than using a preset, but I’m assuming I can’t just put collection_DigSite_Dig as the running interaction without adding a value to it first as they appear when using a preset interaction. Or can I?
Test Subject
#5 Old 23rd Feb 2018 at 5:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by PurpleThistles
Okay so perhaps a little more help! As the dig interactions are not preset on mod constructor, I’m not sure how to use the mod to add the interactions in. I know I can add a manual reference rather than using a preset, but I’m assuming I can’t just put collection_DigSite_Dig as the running interaction without adding a value to it first as they appear when using a preset interaction. Or can I?

I am no expert in the mod constructor, but i use it to generate a template or base. For the custom or out of the box things not possible with the mod constructor i use sims 4 studio to edit the xml files. From there i make the customizations that are not possible with the mod constructor or i dont know how to do with the mod constructor

Adding references to other interactions require the interaction id in your modded xml file. Hope this info points you in the right direction.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 23rd Feb 2018 at 5:44 PM
I got the instance keys using Scumbumbo's XML extractor, delighted, everything appears to be working now. Thanks for all your help guys