Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th Apr 2018 at 5:18 AM Last edited by Nazzy601 : 29th Apr 2018 at 3:55 PM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default [Solved] SimPe Issues and Sadness - No Character Files
Hey guys again,

So I know there have been many forum posts made about this and a lot of people get mad and/or upset (which is understandable) and get rude with others trying to help so I understand if no one responses right away. Yet I would be willing to posts any pictures and information regarding my 'hood.

I think I know what the problem is though; I created a batch of 8 sims through BodyShop. Then moved them into a lot, and moved them each out in singles with the Monique's Computer. I also renamed most of them through 'The SimBlender'. I thought the issue may have been "getting in contact" or "getting in the car" with the Taxi NPC (who was a patient sim in SimSurgery so he can look like a playable I have). However, the playable has a Mr. Potato Head with a GRAY background so all is well and that isn't the object of corruption. I also have one restaurant community lot and two hotel lots so maybe that could be the case?

The only issue now is that the sims are in the bin and will be moved into their own homes. I have not deleted anyone through the Simbin or any other means w/out using that black batman box (edit: The only sim I "deleted" was an extra one from the bodyshop. I say "deleted" because I just used them in CAS as "the father" to create children and then clicked 'cancel this sim' option and did not use them outside of CAS but I don't think that would cause any corruption?). I really think it's either the SimBlender, Monique's Computer, or one of the lots....but I'm at a lost.

Thank you! <3

PS the restaurant lot is by Simperi (Trattoria de Fiore)
Advertisement
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#2 Old 12th Apr 2018 at 12:29 PM
What has no character files - the sims you made in CAS? Where are you seeing the absence of character files - SimPE? Sorry, your post is a bit muddled and I'm not clear what you're asking here. What is it you want to know? Did you try placing the moved out sims on a lot of their own?

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#3 Old 12th Apr 2018 at 1:18 PM
Mr Potato heads in SimPE is a normal thing, if that is the issue? Or did something happen on move out? It's hard to tell.

You can delete sims in CAS freely.

The SimBlender, Monique's Computer are fine, make sure you do have the AL version of the computer.

Oh sorry I missed the bit above, no character file. Who has no character file? A sim you just made?

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 12th Apr 2018 at 2:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by maxon
What has no character files - the sims you made in CAS? Where are you seeing the absence of character files - SimPE? Sorry, your post is a bit muddled and I'm not clear what you're asking here. What is it you want to know? Did you try placing the moved out sims on a lot of their own?

Sorry about that! The 8 Sims I made in CAS/Bodyshop all of sudden have no character files (in SimPE (RED Mr. Potato Head) and with the Hood Checker) after I moved them out one-by-one using the Computer. I did place one of them in their own lot but was too afraid to play as them because I have no backups at all and was afraid of "my game blowing up into Outer Space". In SimPE their thumbnails don't appear in the Sim Browser and it also says "No Character File."

FYI - I just saw the second Sim doesn't exist. So I'm pretty sure the corruption is beginning to take place.

(edit: I have like 4 other families including the 8 Sims Household and using the SimBlender summoned them all to get everyone acquainted but didn't move anyone in. They all made friends and enemies and romances and then I asked a member of the playing family, The Hamiltons, to 'ask them to leave' and everyone left. But I don't think that would cause a problem. Maybe it's the Lot I put the 8 sims on? It was a different lot from the Hamiltons Lot. I also have Boiling Oils No Sim Loaded (Final bugfix) but for some reason my Sims still Gossip and I also have the Smarter EP Mod if that makes any difference.)
Screenshots
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 12th Apr 2018 at 2:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Mr Potato heads in SimPE is a normal thing, if that is the issue? Or did something happen on move out? It's hard to tell.

You can delete sims in CAS freely.

The SimBlender, Monique's Computer are fine, make sure you do have the AL version of the computer.

Oh sorry I missed the bit above, no character file. Who has no character file? A sim you just made?

Yes, the sims I just made don't have any. (edit: I have like 4 other families including the 8 Sims Household and using the SimBlender summoned them all to get everyone acquainted but didn't move anyone in. They all made friends and enemies and romances and then I asked a member of the playing family, The Hamiltons, to 'ask them to leave' and everyone left. But I don't think that would cause a problem. Maybe it's the Lot I put the 8 sims on? It was a different lot from the Hamiltons Lot. I also have Boiling Oils No Sim Loaded (Final bugfix) but for some reason my Sims still Gossip and I also have the Smarter EP Mod if that makes any difference.)
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#6 Old 12th Apr 2018 at 2:37 PM
Make a back up of your hood files, place the/a sim(s) on a lot, go in let the timer run for a moment, save and exit. See if that makes any difference.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 12th Apr 2018 at 3:01 PM
Make a back up of your hood files, place the/a sim(s) on a lot, go in let the timer run for a moment, save and exit. See if that makes any difference.

Okay. Thank you! I'll let you know how it goes soon.

MICAHMicah
Mad Poster
#8 Old 12th Apr 2018 at 4:12 PM
The 4 No Character files in Hood Checker could be the 4 aliens of a multi-PT mod, if you have one.
If it was your sims, you'd have more than 4 showing in there.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 12th Apr 2018 at 4:13 PM

Nothing has been changed.

MICAHMicah
Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 12th Apr 2018 at 4:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosebine
The 4 No Character files in Hood Checker could be the 4 aliens of a multi-PT mod, if you have one.
If it was your sims, you'd have more than 4 showing in there.

Hey Rose, so I only have one NPC Pollination Technician in-game. Maybe it's the Sim Transformer (the Occult changer painting)? I used it on a batch of CAS sims that I made into townies? Idk how that would affect my playables but I don't know.

MICAHMicah
Test Subject
Original Poster
#11 Old 12th Apr 2018 at 4:23 PM
It's strange because my Hood was fine before this. No areas for issue. Does the game ever create problems for itself? Like is it possible for A.I. to just mess itself up somehow and create corruption?

MICAHMicah
Mad Poster
#12 Old 12th Apr 2018 at 4:24 PM
If you do not have any multi-PT mod, then forget what I said.
I saw on your sim browser picture, that you had way more than just 4, with no character. But only 4 of them show in your Hood Checker, which seemed to be a multi-pt hack.
I hope you'll solve your problem!

Test Subject
Original Poster
#13 Old 12th Apr 2018 at 4:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosebine
If you do not have any multi-PT mod, then forget what I said.
I saw on your sim browser picture, that you had way more than just 4, with no character. But only 4 of them show in your Hood Checker, which seemed to be a multi-pt hack.
I hope you'll solve your problem!

You're fine! Don't worry, hun. Thank you though!

PS - Do you think ACR might be the problem? One of the 8 had a ACR interaction with a young adult sim but I have all the mods needed to allow young adults in mainhoods. If young adults were the area of corruption then I would think every other playable would have issues but idk. Sorry about all the questions, I'm just very confused. I'll play regardless though, I put a lot of effort into the hood

MICAHMicah
Mad Poster
#14 Old 12th Apr 2018 at 4:39 PM
I personally don't think ACR is a problem, but I am not using it. That no character issue puzzled me, as I cannot see what you could have done to get it, reading your posts.

Scholar
#15 Old 12th Apr 2018 at 5:01 PM
If the sims actually have no character file where do you suppose SimPE is getting their name from?
Notice the .1 appended to the character files in your second image, their files have been made split in two because of a mod that's overriding the template they're made from. They will have a second character file and will probably play normally.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#16 Old 12th Apr 2018 at 5:11 PM
It could possibly be something from MATY that could be overriding that template but I'm not sure. I don't have any known mods that would do that except for maybe something within MATY's Director's Cut (which is why it's important to read haha) but Chris that makes the most sense out of all of this. But if it's safe to play I might just not do anything because all of my other sims are well and healthy.

MICAHMicah
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#17 Old 12th Apr 2018 at 10:45 PM
None of these majorly used mods (ACR is used by about 80% of players here) is the cause.

Make a back up of your hood. Rename the sims 2 folder, run the game and exit. You now have a fresh sims 2 folders for testing. Paste your hood backup in there. Open SimPE and check them in simPE.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
Original Poster
#18 Old 13th Apr 2018 at 12:25 AM
I think I know where the problem may have started; I created NPCs through the mailbox than making them through testingcheatsenabled make npc spawner objects. Now random Witch NPCs I "didn't" make showed up on a Business Lot and one of them has "disappeared" even though their icon appears in the customer loyalty slot. It's the beginning of the end haha

MICAHMicah
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#19 Old 13th Apr 2018 at 12:49 AM
Not unless you want even more corruption. Why are you making NPC's? The game will make those. eg Paper girl, mail carrier, firefighter etc. If you mean you were making townies, that is fine. Just make sims in CAS, place on a lot, click the simlogical cat and select make townie. Or you can do it through the mailbox but you won't have any control over how they look. Once a sim is made their character file is here to stay unless you kill them (and they are still there, just changed to a grave) Never ever use the delete all character cheat, not unless you want your hood to combust. If want the game to make less NPC's such as the witch you need mods to suppress it. I believe you can make NPC's, but I have never done so, so I am not sure how. You would probably want to start with empty templates.

~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
Original Poster
#20 Old 13th Apr 2018 at 12:51 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Nazzy601
I think I know where the problem may have started; I created NPCs through the mailbox than making them through testingcheatsenabled make npc spawner objects. Now random Witch NPCs I "didn't" make showed up on a Business Lot and one of them has "disappeared" even though their icon appears in the customer loyalty slot. It's the beginning of the end haha

And messing in Sim Surgery with Carpool/Taxi NPCs as Patients. I didn't choose anything so everything went from Archetype (Playable) to Patient Sim.

MICAHMicah
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#21 Old 13th Apr 2018 at 12:53 AM
You can change NPC's to look like playables in simPE, something I have on my list of must try one day. Unless you did something wrong, it is safe to do.

~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
Original Poster
#22 Old 13th Apr 2018 at 12:58 AM
You can change NPC's to look like playables in simPE, something I have on my list of must try one day. Unless you did something wrong, it is safe to do.

For some reason on this list (http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/Game_gui...ding_corruption) it says to not at all mess with them as well as the major other ones like Grim and Hula Zombies; and I'm just remembering now that my last hood got the same sad ending of deletion because of that. I also changed their names too to my playables.

MICAHMicah
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#23 Old 13th Apr 2018 at 1:13 AM
Grim and Hula zombies are not NPC's, they are Universals. It's important to know the different labels and not just call all non playable sims NPC's.

You have townies, these are the sims you see walk passed you playable lot, all townies are safe. These come from the Plesantview template and you will see them in any custom hood you make over and over again-unless you use empty templates.

NPC's, these are sims with specific jobs such as the mail carrier or the gardener. Most are safe, but a few like the social worker are not. You can still make the game SW look like your playable though, changing their facial structure is not what is meant by 'not touching them'. Not touching means do not make selectable, do not move in.

There are downtownies that come with downtown, these are simply townies.

there are Dormies that come with Uni. These are safe to move in.

there are universals. these sims are not sims but objects in the installation files, do not mess with them.

Sim surgery is not changing their names, only their facial structure. This is fine to do on NPC's. I would not change an NPC's name. If you did, that could possibly be where your corruption came from.

~Call me Jo~
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#24 Old 13th Apr 2018 at 1:15 AM
Did you read Chris Hatch's post? That's what the issue is I should think. Chris is usually right.

Test Subject
Original Poster
#25 Old 13th Apr 2018 at 1:26 AM
Grim and Hula zombies are not NPC's, they are Universals. It's important to know the different labels and not just call all non playable sims NPC's.

You have townies, these are the sims you see walk passed you playable lot, all townies are safe. These come from the Plesantview template and you will see them in any custom hood you make over and over again-unless you use empty templates.

NPC's, these are sims with specific jobs such as the mail carrier or the gardener. Most are safe, but a few like the social worker are not. You can still make the game SW look like your playable though, changing their facial structure is not what is meant by 'not touching them'. Not touching means do not make selectable, do not move in.

There are downtownies that come with downtown, these are simply townies.

there are Dormies that come with Uni. These are safe to move in.

there are universals. these sims are not sims but objects in the installation files, do not mess with them.

Sim surgery is not changing their names, only their facial structure. This is fine to do on NPC's. I would not change an NPC's name. If you did, that could possibly be where your corruption came from.

Ah, then it was the name changing then darn-it.... I wish I could just wipe out all the corruption somehow, but I'll probably just have to start over a whole new hood.

MICAHMicah
Page 1 of 2