Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

All adults can carry children(05/08/18)

by PuddingFace Posted 4th May 2018 at 12:01 AM - Updated 5th Aug 2018 at 1:47 PM by skydome : Bug fix

43 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 28 Feedback Posts, 14 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Page 1 of 2
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#2 Old 4th May 2018 at 2:05 AM
It'd always been a 'dream' of mine to look into making that interaction available for everyday sims if I ever figured out more complex mods, but now you've done it! Thanks so much for this, will definitely use it the next time I have kids around.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#3 Old 4th May 2018 at 4:12 AM
OMG I can't wait to try it! Huge thanks to you, Sky!
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#4 Old 4th May 2018 at 12:14 PM
Thanks so much! I have been wanting a mod like this since forever. I always wondered why EA didn't let us carry children, especially when they're all sleepy or sad or something.
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 5th May 2018 at 11:06 AM
Hi, Can you create another one for young adults??? let me know
Thanks
Scholar
Original Poster
#6 Old 5th May 2018 at 11:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by michela1390
Hi, Can you create another one for young adults??? let me know
Thanks

It already is usable by young adults and I think teens too.
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 5th May 2018 at 6:41 PM
Good many thanks :D
Instructor
THANKS POST
#8 Old 6th May 2018 at 4:46 PM
You are a genius :D I wanted this for so long, thank you!
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 7th May 2018 at 4:28 AM
I've got a bug report: this mod seems to make it where I can't interact with sims not on the home lot.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#10 Old 7th May 2018 at 2:31 PM
Great to see new mods for sims 3.
Scholar
Original Poster
#11 Old 7th May 2018 at 6:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by soul reaper magnum
I've got a bug report: this mod seems to make it where I can't interact with sims not on the home lot.

Hmm that's weird. I'll look into it. Can you give some more details? Do the interactions appear when you click on a sim? It shouldn't really be happening. Do you have error trap and overwatch installed?
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 7th May 2018 at 7:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by skydome
Hmm that's weird. I'll look into it. Can you give some more details? Do the interactions appear when you click on a sim? It shouldn't really be happening. Do you have error trap and overwatch installed?

interactions will only appear if the sim I'm clicking on is on my home lot. and I have overwatch but not error trap.
Scholar
Original Poster
#13 Old 8th May 2018 at 1:02 AM
interactions will only appear if the sim I'm clicking on is on my home lot. and I have overwatch but not error trap.

OK that's odd. What were you doing when this glitch happened? What was going on in your game?
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 8th May 2018 at 3:07 AM
OK that's odd. What were you doing when this glitch happened? What was going on in your game?

normal stuff I guess? I just clicked on a sim to interact with them and noticed that nothing happened and after this persisted for awhile I decided to start removing mods to see if that had something to do with it and it turned out that it was this mod, and I loaded up the game multiple times with and without the mod to make sure before I said anything.
Top Secret Researcher
#15 Old 8th May 2018 at 3:01 PM Last edited by barbarat : 8th May 2018 at 5:59 PM. Reason: Never Answered Original ?

Unfortunately I have experienced the same thing. I can not get the pie menu to show up when clicking on sims that are away from their home lot, same for Service and Role sims. I did some testing in multiple worlds loading the game with only NRaas mods. Everything worked. Then I added 5 mods recently downloaded. One was a core mod and the other4 script. Removed the core mod and still had the problem so added each of the 4 script mods individually. When I added this mod back the problem resurfaced. (I did clear caches each time).

A little background that might help:
This happened in all 8 worlds I rotate.
ET and OW did not generate errors relating to to the mod but I can run another test game with the mod in if you would like.
Delphy's showed no conflicts.

Just remembered I never really answered your question: The game was playing well. This happened when I wanted to access the Pie Menu so I could access NRaas mods to be able to switch households, change, traits, etc. etc. Or just to use one of the game commands.
Scholar
Original Poster
#16 Old 8th May 2018 at 4:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by barbarat
Unfortunately I have experienced the same thing. I can not get the pie menu to show up when clicking on sims that are away from their home lot, same for Service and Role sims. I did some testing in multiple worlds loading the game with only NRaas mods. Everything worked. Then I added 5 mods recently downloaded. One was a core mod and the other4 script. Removed the core mod and still had the problem so added each of the 4 script mods individually. When I added this mod back the problem resurfaced. (I did clear caches each time).

A little background that might help:
This happened in all 8 worlds I rotate.
ET and OW did not generate errors relating to to the mod but I can run another test game with the mod in if you would like.
Delphy's showed no conflicts.

OK I have not been able to replicate the error on my computer but I am working on some changes which might fix it. I'll PM you and soul reaper magnus when I upload it.
Top Secret Researcher
#17 Old 8th May 2018 at 6:08 PM
OK I have not been able to replicate the error on my computer but I am working on some changes which might fix it. I'll PM you and soul reaper magnus when I upload it.

Sounds good skydome. This is really a great mod. I'll be happy to help testing any changes that are made. It could also be that these are just a couple of games that are fighting with the mod for some strange reason. I'll be away for a bit but will check back later. Thanks very much.
Scholar
Original Poster
#18 Old 8th May 2018 at 7:23 PM
@barbarat @soul reaper magnum
the bug that you reported I think I have fixed it. I also think you should have Nraas Selector installed, Nraas Selector prevents such pie menu bugs and instead reports the problem in an error script. Nraas Selector is what helped me identify the problem.
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 9th May 2018 at 12:18 AM
I can confirm, the fix works
Scholar
Original Poster
#20 Old 9th May 2018 at 12:38 PM
I can confirm, the fix works

OK good phew.
Top Secret Researcher
#21 Old 9th May 2018 at 1:39 PM Last edited by barbarat : 9th May 2018 at 2:00 PM.
Sorry for the delay. Selector is probably the only NRaas mod I do not have in . I'll put it in and reinstall the mod and be back at you shortly.

Your fix along with Selector did the trick. Thank you so much skydome.
Scholar
Original Poster
#22 Old 10th May 2018 at 1:09 AM
Happy to hear everything is working out well for you. Hope you have fun with the mod
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#23 Old 12th May 2018 at 6:33 PM
Thank you so much for doing this ;)
Instructor
THANKS POST
#24 Old 13th May 2018 at 5:51 PM
Thanks again for doing this! Is there a way to make it available during fires?
Scholar
Original Poster
#25 Old 13th May 2018 at 8:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Anitaka00
Thanks again for doing this! Is there a way to make it available during fires?

Is it not already available during fires?
Page 1 of 2